machupichu

First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
Country flag
Love the car. I have the base Select. I am guessing the trunk / liftgate is not hands free on this model? Manual Open only?

Also is the wireless phone charging finicky under the screen? Sometimes it charges sometimes it doesnt pick it up
Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
You don’t have power lift gate.

The wireless charger sucks.

Welcome to the forums.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Love the car. I have the base Select. I am guessing the trunk / liftgate is not hands free on this model? Manual Open only?

Also is the wireless phone charging finicky under the screen? Sometimes it charges sometimes it doesnt pick it up
Correct, you can unlock the liftgate using the access menu on the main screen, or using your key fob, or using FordPass, or by pressing the button in the lift gate. You’ll have to open it the old fashioned way though.

The wireless charger is temperamental with phones in a case. Mine is not and it charges all the time now. You may have to move it around a bit to find the sweet spot.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Welcome to da club!

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The wireless charger works with some cases well, some not so well, some not at all. You can add an aftermarket liftgate...

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congrats on the new MME. The wireless charger requires pretty precise placement of the phone, depending on the model and whether you have a case. My car has always been fine (iPhone X and 13 with OtterBox cases). 😊🐩

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Welcome! Regarding wireless phone charging, some cases impede charging or cause the phone to overheat but in any event it is a slow charger. I hope you enjoy your MME as much as I do.
Sponsored