John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium, Ext Range RWD
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
1) Get a level 2 charger installed into your garage.
2) Join the Mustang Club of America online. It’s about $33 for the year. If you’re a member for over 3 months, you qualify for X plan pricing. This will save you a few hundred dollars so you can buy your car for under MSRP as long as your dealer accepts X plan. You’ll probably be waiting over 3 months anyway.
3) Call all other Ford dealerships within driving range and let them know you’re interested in a Mach E. Some will put you on a list for cancelled orders. You may be able to get your car sooner if you get lucky and take over a cancelled order (that’s what happened to me).
4) Think of a fun nickname for your car. You actually have to put in a nickname when you activate your FordPass. Mine is Mach E McMach Face.

Edit:
I placed my own order on 8/14/21 and have no production date yet.
I took over a cancelled order that was placed on 10/11/21 and is in production right now. I highly recommend getting on other dealers’ waitlists.
I just joined MCA on your recommendation. I hadn't heard that MCA members are eligible for X-Plan pricing, so thanks for the heads up!
Sponsored

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Me: Day 37 of 196-day wait. I'm new to Ford and to ordering a car.

So far, this forum is by far the most useful in discovering things of interest to the potential buyer during the long wait, tax credit, home charging, dealer variations, delivery snags. Use SEARCH to find discussions on topics you're interested in and manage your expectations. Because we currently are at the end of the 2021 model year (MY) and just beginning the 2022MY, you can read about the problems that plagued Ford's first year of MME production, chip shortage, delivery holds and recalls. However, the actual data, numbers, and specific information is sometimes slow in coming but keep searching. For example, Ford has yet to disclose actual monthly MME production goals, although they've promised to increase their Cuautitlan (the only assembly plant for US/Europe market MME) production, as well as resolve the severe problem of microchip shortages.

JerryL

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Country flag
My first post. Congrats on your new vehicle. I just purchased a Premium in Grabber Blue on Tuesday. I have a couple of questions. When I configured it on Ford's website, it showed a retail of $58,900. I went into the dealership and the order shows a discount of 2k for a total of $56,900. Did anyone else receive this discount? What are my chances of receiving the $7500 tax credit in 28 weeks
Ford Mustang Mach-E Just ordered my Mach-E...now what? ScreenHunter_MachE
? Thanks for reading

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I just joined MCA on your recommendation. I hadn't heard that MCA members are eligible for X-Plan pricing, so thanks for the heads up!
Make sure that your dealer is participating in X-plan and will honor it when you pick up. Mine did not (doc fee was perfectly reasonable). ??

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
So far from what i can tell most of the 2022 orders are on track to hit their 20 or 28 week timeline. My 2022 CR1 is on track to go from order to delivery right at 20 weeks.
My dealer so far is a bit clueless as to when I can expect my MME Premium (ordered Oct. 2021) - curious where you got your information from - when you say your "order is on track" how do you know? Did you receive an "order number" from the dealer that you are able to track? I feel like I need to tell the dealer where to get info...so anything you can share will be helpful! I have signed a signed purchase agreement, not just a reservation....

Bruno44

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
My dealer so far is a bit clueless as to when I can expect my MME Premium (ordered Oct. 2021) - curious where you got your information from - when you say your "order is on track" how do you know? Did you receive an "order number" from the dealer that you are able to track? I feel like I need to tell the dealer where to get info...so anything you can share will be helpful! I have signed a signed purchase agreement, not just a reservation....
I ordered my Premium on Oct. 30th and have a build date for the week of 01/31. I’m pretty sure I got the order number from the purchase agreement.

JerryL

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Country flag
There is a solid chance your car is produced in the 20 week window. Then expect it to sit in a railyard for at least 6 months like mine still is.
I'm not in a rush. Would like to see it by November. I'm not selling my current car until this is delivered.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Just ordered my Mach-E...now what? waiting-skeleton

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Spend your wait time looking for an Orphan of your exact build. Took me a month of searching and I ended up orphaning my order when it showed up..

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I ordered our grabber blue Premium AWD a week ago today and the internet sales manager, Charles, said 20 weeks.

We're fortunate in that we got a 2021 Model Y LR AWD last March and this Mach e will replace Shannon's 2017 Chevy Volt. The Volt's been a great car and nothing wrong with it but I loved how the Mach e handled in a test drive on some curvy back roads around here.

Rec329

First Name
Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e (on order)
Country flag
Placed my order for a Premium Star White AWD ER on 12/27 through my dealer and got a similar email to the OP. Nothing since. Was hoping to have it by July but this thread isn't making me hopeful. ??

How long did it take most to at least get a VIN assigned? Dealer was a bit clueless and told me they hoped the VIN would be picked up toward the end of January then production and delivery would be another 4-6 weeks. I laughed.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My first post. Congrats on your new vehicle. I just purchased a Premium in Grabber Blue on Tuesday. I have a couple of questions. When I configured it on Ford's website, it showed a retail of $58,900. I went into the dealership and the order shows a discount of 2k for a total of $56,900. Did anyone else receive this discount? What are my chances of receiving the $7500 tax credit in 28 weeks? Thanks for reading
Do you have a printed sales order that shows the discount? Does it give a program number or is there a label on the discount?

Your car will still qualify for the tax credit if it arrives in 28 weeks.
Sponsored