Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I prefer a more frosted and uniform appearance, for sure. I don't regret getting in on the initial order, though, because if I did not, these might not have been made at all.

There are no promises a new version is coming out, so you'll have to decide if you want to hold out.
I got the first edition, but I will definitely order a new one if he does a more diffused one with a warmer white.
Sponsored

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
If you get the pony, we did a long, detailed video demonstrating the installation:

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting that you can buy them online before all the backers are sent out. Not a good look business wise.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Yea - as someone who purchased in the initial offering, I too am perplexed. I'm sure it will arrive at some point. On a related note, there was a survey put out a couple of weeks ago regarding possible modifications to the lighted pony. The survey apparently could not be accessed by several of us. I have not been notified of a follow up effort. On a positive note, the video was pretty instructive. And I do look forward to getting the pony!

Sundevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Yea - as someone who purchased in the initial offering, I too am perplexed. I'm sure it will arrive at some point. On a related note, there was a survey put out a couple of weeks ago regarding possible modifications to the lighted pony. The survey apparently could not be accessed by several of us. I have not been notified of a follow up effort. On a positive note, the video was pretty instructive. And I do look forward to getting the pony!
There was a follow up effort but yeah it doesn't appear kickstarter sent a notification about it. I only realized it because I went to the kickstarter page on my own and noticed the new survey link.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
There was a follow up effort but yeah it doesn't appear kickstarter sent a notification about it. I only realized it because I went to the kickstarter page on my own and noticed the new survey link.
Thanks! I went to the page and you are right! Now - 2 questions to throw out there which may affect my response. 1) are there any comparison photos you've seen where we can check out the differences between the two and 2) John references he has made some LED changes requiring much more power. Do these changes apply to one or both options and are there any significant implications?

Sundevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Interesting that you can buy them online before all the backers are sent out. Not a good look business wise.
I suspect this was a special case arranged for publicity,
Thanks! I went to the page and you are right! Now - 2 questions to throw out there which may affect my response. 1) are there any comparison photos you've seen where we can check out the differences between the two and 2) John references he has made some LED changes requiring much more power. Do these changes apply to one or both options and are there any significant implications?
I don't think he has posted any photos comparing the two options. The photos I've seen that would might help make the decision are a picture of the current install at night where you can see that the pony light temperature differs from the light temperature of the headlights. The other is an up close picture of the pony lit up where you can see the point LEDs in the current design. I believe those were posted in this thread by people who have received their pony. For the increased power, I think that was meant to be John's solution for more light diffusion without having to frost the glass of the current design, possibly allowing him to make some quick updates to the current design and start sending them out without much of a delay. But the increase in required power might have made that unfeasible, which resulted in the survey question to determine if you want the pony now or are willing to wait longer while he reworks the design.

This is what I understand from his various updates but I could be misreading something.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Thanks, SD! Great information and it helps me with my decision (I can wait). John continues to do an incredible job and I applaud his efforts!

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended range RWD Mach E
Country flag
I suspect this was a special case arranged for publicity,

I don't think he has posted any photos comparing the two options. The photos I've seen that would might help make the decision are a picture of the current install at night where you can see that the pony light temperature differs from the light temperature of the headlights. The other is an up close picture of the pony lit up where you can see the point LEDs in the current design. I believe those were posted in this thread by people who have received their pony. For the increased power, I think that was meant to be John's solution for more light diffusion without having to frost the glass of the current design, possibly allowing him to make some quick updates to the current design and start sending them out without much of a delay. But the increase in required power might have made that unfeasible, which resulted in the survey question to determine if you want the pony now or are willing to wait longer while he reworks the design.

This is what I understand from his various updates but I could be misreading something.
John explained on post kickstarter emblem purchasing page why he is allowing people to purchase it after the kickstarter. "It was a very short "pre-seed" funding campaign (just 3-weeks). The Kickstarter is closed,
but you haven't missed out yet. I set the goal low to increase the chances it would fund, but the project did not achieve the target capital."
He also explains the emblems "will ship in order of project position." Those that helped fund the kickstarter will receive their emblem before those that purchased it after. Only way I see it different is if not enough people want the original design and he has extras laying around. Then I could see him sending that to someone who bought an emblem after the kickstarter that is ok with the original design.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Great information to have! Thanks and I know John has probably put 10 times the effort into this project than originally forecast (kind of like any plumbing project at home, except a lot of people are counting on it :) I'm gonna relax now and when it arrives, it will be very appreciated.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
John explained on post kickstarter emblem purchasing page why he is allowing people to purchase it after the kickstarter. "It was a very short "pre-seed" funding campaign (just 3-weeks). The Kickstarter is closed,
but you haven't missed out yet. I set the goal low to increase the chances it would fund, but the project did not achieve the target capital."
He also explains the emblems "will ship in order of project position." Those that helped fund the kickstarter will receive their emblem before those that purchased it after. Only way I see it different is if not enough people want the original design and he has extras laying around. Then I could see him sending that to someone who bought an emblem after the kickstarter that is ok with the original design.
I'm good with getting an original. The videos Patrick posted yesterday was from a person that bought one online and got it in a few days. So much for backer priority.

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended range RWD Mach E
Country flag
I'm good with getting an original. The videos Patrick posted yesterday was from a person that bought one online and got it in a few days. So much for backer priority.
They stated they got it from Mega Store EV. No clue if John has a partnership with them or what but it wasn’t the link he provided to purchase it. Also the emblem is in Euro as Mega Store EV says it’s in Portugal. It’s possible this site backed the kickstarter and is reselling it as they’re selling it for over $400.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
They stated they got it from Mega Store EV. No clue if John has a partnership with them or what but it wasn’t the link he provided to purchase it. Also the emblem is in Euro as Mega Store EV says it’s in Portugal. It’s possible this site backed the kickstarter and is reselling it as they’re selling it for over $400.
It could also be a case where the factory used to create these ponies created a run for another seller - happens all the time when you get stuff manufactured in China.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Last edited: