First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Ok, not ok...do you know where tot buy?
I just messaged the creator to ask. I know the storefront he setup was for a second round of funding, but maybe he pulled it if he was going to tweak the design.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, not ok...do you know where tot buy?
The creator said that second site is owned by someone he knows and is selling ones they had purchased from the original round. He is currently out of stock, that’s why it’s not on his site.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
This is starting to get into shady territory, no? I mean, why fulfill a known resellers orders before individual backers? I'm assuming he had to take the resellers order to hit his funding goal, but wouldn't you do 25 individuals over 25 to one person who is just flipping them and using people's photos without permission?

Not to mention the fact he's basically gone dark on here... that's like, the worst sign when it comes to these projects.

ValentinoRossi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-e Premium AWD ER (10/21 build)
Country flag
This is starting to get into shady territory, no? I mean, why fulfill a known resellers orders before individual backers? I'm assuming he had to take the resellers order to hit his funding goal, but wouldn't you do 25 individuals over 25 to one person who is just flipping them and using people's photos without permission?

Not to mention the fact he's basically gone dark on here... that's like, the worst sign when it comes to these projects.
is it possible the reseller bought one of those crew packs in the original kickstarter though? I guess if he bought in pole position, he would get his 25 first. I agree its a bad look though.

priext

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium AWD Ext Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Mine was delivered yesterday. I did fill out the poll saying I could wait for an "improved" version as I won't have my car for 2 more months but still happy to have it ready to go for when it does get here.

SD Marc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium
Occupation
Tech Marketing Exec.
Country flag
For anyone with doubts, I can attest that John (the originator, inventor, manufacturer, and all around GREAT GUY) is **THE REAL DEAL**.

We just had 10+ Mach-Es get their lighted ponies installed in San Diego, and John came out from Cincinnati to help teach, supervise, and otherwise help out installing them. https://www.facebook.com/groups/540872513614433

We enjoyed some great ribs, shared our buying stories, and gave each other a helping hand. SImon also had some other goodies to sell, and I certainly walked away with loads of ideas (definitely gonna wrap the front grille!).

Joh had a few of the 5k versions, and most of us went with the 4k version. It's smoother, matches the existing headlamps pretty well, and we all left very happy.

Please support John by buying directly from him or one of his partners like Simon. He's pretty much a one-man band, this is his side gig (like me, he works way more than 40 hours for a Fortune 500 company). He's got a passion for Mustangs, has a tinkerer's heart with an engineer's brain.

He's got some awesome ideas coming up - watch his site for updates :)

Pony.jpg

IMG_2202.jpeg

IMG_2207.jpeg

IMG_2208.jpeg

IMG_2199.jpeg

IMG_2196.jpeg

IMG_2198.jpeg

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For anyone with doubts, I can attest that John (the originator, inventor, manufacturer, and all around GREAT GUY) is **THE REAL DEAL**.

We just had 10+ Mach-Es get their lighted ponies installed in San Diego, and John came out from Cincinnati to help teach, supervise, and otherwise help out installing them. https://www.facebook.com/groups/540872513614433

We enjoyed some great ribs, shared our buying stories, and gave each other a helping hand. SImon also had some other goodies to sell, and I certainly walked away with loads of ideas (definitely gonna wrap the front grille!).

Joh had a few of the 5k versions, and most of us went with the 4k version. It's smoother, matches the existing headlamps pretty well, and we all left very happy.

Please support John by buying directly from him or one of his partners like Simon. He's pretty much a one-man band, this is his side gig (like me, he works way more than 40 hours for a Fortune 500 company). He's got a passion for Mustangs, has a tinkerer's heart with an engineer's brain.

He's got some awesome ideas coming up - watch his site for updates :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Lighted Pony Project (back it!) IMG_2198

That is awesome!! Any pics of the 4k ponies vs the 5k? Did he have the more diffused ones too?

SD Marc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium
Occupation
Tech Marketing Exec.
Country flag
That is awesome!! Any pics of the 4k ponies vs the 5k? Did he have the more diffused ones too?
It was too bright to really get a good photo that showed the difference ... all I can say is that the 5k was bluer and you could see the hotspots / dots. I went with 4k and am very happy - not as bright as the 5k, but this is for nighttime anyway ;)

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It was too bright to really get a good photo that showed the difference ... all I can say is that the 5k was bluer and you could see the hotspots / dots. I went with 4k and am very happy - not as bright as the 5k, but this is for nighttime anyway ;)
Sweet! Can’t wait till he starts selling them. I’ll sell my kickstarter one and buy the one that’s closer to the same color.

LASparky

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer Sport
Occupation
Substation Electrician
Country flag
Sweet! Can’t wait till he starts selling them. I’ll sell my kickstarter one and buy the one that’s closer to the same color.
Isn’t the 4K already ford sale on the website?