Lincoln Mach-E?

E55 KEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Now that Lincoln has killed the venture with Rivian will Ford share the Mach-E platform for a Lincoln EV variant? Will it be a more luxurious vehicle like the Fusion version of the MKZ with leather seats, real wood, rear heated seats, retractable roof, more power and extended range?

"It would be likely that any Lincoln luxury EV would use either the Ford Mustang Mach-E electric vehicle platform or the electric platform that will be used on the coming Ford F-150 EV."

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7214...-on-the-rivian-skateboard-platform/index.html
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yeah, I think basing a Lincoln EV on it makes the most sense. Ford has invested heavily in the development of the MME platform and to only use it for the Mustang Mach-E would be a waste.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While I could see Lincoln using the base BEV platform, seems like it should have a different shape to be a Lincoln. Less Mustang sportiness, more SUV comfort and luxury.

OP
OP
E55 KEV

E55 KEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
They'll prolly just change the front fascia, rear fascia, grill, head and tail lights, wheels etc. Think of the Ford Fusion and the Lincoln MKZ sedans that use same platform and share parts.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

62Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE
Country flag
It is documented elsewhere that Ford are developing another BEV chassis on which will ride a mid sized CUV Ford and Lincoln. This chassis is not the MME chassis, but is said to have benefited from 'lessons learned' in the development of the MME chassis. Thus, Ford will then have 2 BEV architectures being built. No word yet on where this would be built.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It is documented elsewhere that Ford are developing another BEV chassis on which will ride a mid sized CUV Ford and Lincoln. This chassis is not the MME chassis, but is said to have benefited from 'lessons learned' in the development of the MME chassis. Thus, Ford will then have 2 BEV architectures being built. No word yet on where this would be built.
And really, once they figure out the mechanics and solutions to building battery packs, architecture, and frames, it shouldn't be that big of a deal to build multiple sizes from there. Getting the first one right is always a lot harder than the 2nd, 3rd, 4th...

If anything, it seems like electrification should make all that easier. Seems inherently more modular than ICE.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
It's also documented that Ford will base some vehicles off of Volkswagen's MEB platform. So, that is at least 3, unless you are also referring to MEB. I think the MEB will be more for small vahicles.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's also documented that Ford will base some vehicles off of Volkswagen's MEB platform. So, that is at least 3, unless you are also referring to MEB. I think the MEB will be more for small vahicles.
And it appeared those were intended for Europe sale rather than North America.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
And it appeared those were intended for Europe sale rather than North America.
Yes, the MEB vehicles will be primarily Europe. I don't think that will be exclusive though.

The electric F150 is likely different than the Mach E and the MEB. Although I do wonder how much the different teams collaborate vs operate completely independent...

62Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE
Country flag
The MEB is Europe only, I'm referring to Ford-developed architectures for the U.S..
Sponsored