First Name
Lisa
Reaction score
First Name
Lisa
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
I called the provided number for Ford customer relations. The customer service rep told me that, because the reservation has been placed, I cannot switch dealerships. This really feels like a bait and switch. At the time of ordering, when I chose the closest dealership, I had no idea that the dealership could charge this extra fee. It’s like a real estate agent expecting a commission when they never even listed the house for sale.

abr

Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Fusion Hybrid, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
I called the provided number for Ford customer relations. The customer service rep told me that, because the reservation has been placed, I cannot switch dealerships. This really feels like a bait and switch. At the time of ordering, when I chose the closest dealership, I had no idea that the dealership could charge this extra fee. It’s like a real estate agent expecting a commission when they never even listed the house for sale.
Find out if they will accept X plan and if they do, get yourself a MCoA membership and an X Plan PIN to eliminate ADM and other fees.

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Reaction score
First Name
Lisa
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Convertible, 2016 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Do they have a deposit from you? If not, I would wait until delivery day and say you're walking away if they try that crap - and do it. I think you should also talk to Ford again and explain your position, as well as the fact that you'll go buy something else if Ford won't let you switch your order.

Dirtbags like them need to go out of business.

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Reaction score
First Name
Lisa
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
Do they have a deposit from you? If not, I would wait until delivery day and say you're walking away if they try that crap - and do it. I think you should also talk to Ford again and explain your position, as well as the fact that you'll go buy something else if Ford won't let you switch your order.

Dirtbags like them need to go out of business.
They do have a deposit! But I made it clear to the customer service rep that I was looking at a quote from Tesla for the Y. I let her know that they weren’t charging any of these fees and I’d be saving money even if I lost my deposit. She finally put in a request for a supervisor call me back and a complaint about the dealership.

Advertisement