Local PNW Charging Networks

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So far, I've seen four different regional/local charging networks sprouting up. Anybody know of any others or had experience with these?

Sponsored

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Charging stations are located every 25 – 50 miles along Interstate 5, Highway 99, and other major roadways in British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, and California. I'd like to see that Hwy 101 route extended into Washington.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Aren't all Webasco's J1772 or Chademo? Lame!

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Aren't all Webasco's J1772 or Chademo? Lame!
I think the older chargers are like that but the new ones have CCS too. The old single stall Chademo at the top of Snoqualmie Pass. They seriously need to be yanked out and replaced with 150kW stations with 2+ pedestals. They just put in a new 50kW charger in Prosser, WA. Great location but terrible power.

@LYTMCQ, is Oregon the same with those? 50kW and Chademo only?

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Hello fellow Washingtonians!

I sent an email to the License Plate Wrap company in California. They sent me a generic email back.

"We are working our way to the other states and Washington is one of them. It just takes time working with the government and with this Covid-19 going on things are moving a lot slower. Thank you for your interest in our product. Have a nice day.

Stay Healthy and Stay Safe."

If we all ask them to make a Plate Wrap for Washington, maybe they will move faster. So please send them an email. thanks

[email protected]

Ford Mustang Mach-E Local PNW Charging Networks 1602198027067

tbier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Country flag
Webasco is all CHAdeMO and L2. However OR announced funding to upgrade them to CCS?CHAdeMO Como units. I haven't seen any timeline however. They also only have one of each type per location. EA and EVGo are your best bets. I love charepoint stations best, but they build where property owners pay for the station rather than plan out a network.

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So far, I've seen four different regional/local charging networks sprouting up. Anybody know of any others or had experience with these?

There’s an idiot Washington state senator who passed a bill to charge every EV owner in the state $75 on their license plate renewal to expand charging stations into unserved areas. So far I haven’t seen or heard of one new charging station created by this theft of EV owner’s money .

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Hello fellow Washingtonians!

I sent an email to the License Plate Wrap company in California. They sent me a generic email back.

"We are working our way to the other states and Washington is one of them. It just takes time working with the government and with this Covid-19 going on things are moving a lot slower. Thank you for your interest in our product. Have a nice day.

Stay Healthy and Stay Safe."

If we all ask them to make a Plate Wrap for Washington, maybe they will move faster. So please send them an email. thanks

[email protected]

Ford Mustang Mach-E Local PNW Charging Networks 1602198027067
I see dozens of Teslas everyday with no front license plate. What gives? They just risking getting pulled over??

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
There’s an idiot Washington state senator who passed a bill to charge every EV owner in the state $75 on their license plate renewal to expand charging stations into unserved areas. So far I haven’t seen or heard of one new charging station created by this theft of EV owner’s money .
The Washington State EV charging station program is pretty bad. They're 50kW stations and only single charger locations. They need to be more like the 2-charger 150kW PSE or even better, the EA stations of 350kW of four chargers.

Portland's Electric Avenue is super cool, imo.

https://wsdot.wa.gov/business/innovative-partnerships/electric-vehicle-charging-infrastructure

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
It's not just Teslas running around without front plates. I'm surprised at the number of "regular" cars doing it. I guess I never noticed until I debated defacing the front of the Mini. I'm in the taking a chance group at the moment, easy to do with Covid. Once things open up though we'll have to make a hard decision.

SilverElan, Sobmartin - Hate to burst your bubble, but I've had to pay $300+ the past two years to renew plates on the Bolt in King County. Expect to be targeted even in our EV friendly state.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
It's not just Teslas running around without front plates. I'm surprised at the number of "regular" cars doing it. I guess I never noticed until I debated defacing the front of the Mini. I'm in the taking a chance group at the moment, easy to do with Covid. Once things open up though we'll have to make a hard decision.

SilverElan, Sobmartin - Hate to burst your bubble, but I've had to pay $300+ the past two years to renew plates on the Bolt in King County. Expect to be targeted even in our EV friendly state.
One more thing that makes this kind of palatable, I'm still way ahead due to the sales tax abatement for my two previous EV's. Sadly, that won't apply to the MachE because it's price is too high and doesn't qualify.

tbier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Country flag
Its worse than that. There has been a $150 EV fee. Which I get, we should pay a share toward for road maintenance like everyone else. The $75 add on was for all EVs and Hybrids. This is just obscene. A friend of mine has a 2006 Civic hybrid that now only gets 25mpg. And he gets to pay $75 more in registration than someone with a 2018 ICE civic that gets over 30 mpg. Another thing to remember as you vote this week and next.
Sponsored