Julianne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Stylist
Country flag
The other day I was cleaning out my car and it was hot so I turned up the air conditioning and the fan all the way to high and I heard this really high-pitched noise. Sounds like a planes taking off. This will be the first thing wrong with my lovely car. Has anyone else had this experience when they turn the fan on high? I donā€™t hear it on a lower fan setting but this doesnā€™t strike me as a normal.
Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
This is not normal, last I used mine on high it was very quiet.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The other day I was cleaning out my car and it was hot so I turned up the air conditioning and the fan all the way to high and I heard this really high-pitched noise. Sounds like a planes taking off. This will be the first thing wrong with my lovely car. Has anyone else had this experience when they turn the fan on high? I donā€™t hear it on a lower fan setting but this doesnā€™t strike me as a normal.
Normal, that is the AC compressor ramping up (it's variable speed). Nothing wrong with your car. Turn down the AC to a reasonable setting if the noise bothers you.

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
Normal, that is the AC compressor ramping up (it's variable speed). Nothing wrong with your car. Turn down the AC to a reasonable setting if the noise bothers you.
Better yet, set to auto and be patient. The Mach-e system is very good at capacity, but the blowers on high are loud. Mine sounds like a roar and rumble with high fan. But I wear hearing aids and hear things others don't.

OP
OP
WildfireHYVOLTT
First Name
Julianne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Stylist
Country flag
Thank you for responding I love this car and started thinking ot oh is this going to be a problem?šŸ˜–
Thank you this helps!

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
The AC compressor can be a little obnoxious initially but should taper down in a few minutes once it registers things cooling off. It does this in auto mode by going wide open. I just use manual mode and crack the windows while moving if it's warmer in the car than outside. You can remote start via app ~5m before getting to the vehicle to have it cooled by the time you get in.

My hybrid F150 has a similar AC system fed off of the high voltage batt, but the cooled seats really take things up a notch. It's too bad they didn't put them in the MME for the price of these things.

bbulkow

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Porsche Cayman S
Country flag
It kinda bothers me when i am driving after leaving the car in sun, mostly because the car is so quiet (soundscreen glass, good build quality, fake engine noise off). I have decided it is a first world problem, if i want to not be bothered by compressor sounds, my ICE car with the large motor becomes my ride for the day šŸ˜›

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi there! I can look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.
Sponsored