Love Hate

Deleted member 3569

I whole hardheartedly agree but we need to reckon one aspect ... this Mustang Mach-e is not made solely for domestic US market consumption only, they made this for ... you guessed for the Chinese market !!! Ford ceased their Brazilian car manufacturing operations in 2021, they have been in Brazil since 1921, Henry Ford even had his own rubber plantation - Fordlândia, Pará BR ... and they closed down everything and moved to China. A lots of idiosyncrasies that you find so irritating is what you typically got in their Asian model line up. Henry Ford even had his own rubber plantation in Brazil - Fordlȃndia in state of Pará BR. Ford is about to start the largest Mach-e plant in a partnership with Changan Automobiles in Chongquin CN. It is logical for Ford to start the Mach-e assembly in Cuautitlán and then transfer the technology to their new assembly plant in Chongquing ... have your notice how ill fitting is a US license plate in the rear bumper ?... but a Chinese license plate fits perfectly!
Sponsored

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
CarPlay is always been a separate system within sync it doesn't and a great directly with their solution other than allowing the forward button to show up so you can go back to the Ford standard screen. Please design to utilize some of the features of the phone but not integrate into a car other than things like the map or various radio or Apple Music or just utilizing the contacts in your phone specifically. So you're right if you're trying to access other things within the car that don't have a button or lever it is a little tricky but this goes for all forward to using sync and CarPlay.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Ok - we've had the AWD EB IB MME for about 5 weeks now and put about 1100 miles on it. Love the road feel, the power, the comfort and amenities, and especially the way it looks. It's a very pretty car and it gets a lot of attention wherever we go. That's the LOVE part. Here's the HATE, or maybe that's too strong a word. How about frustrating, irritating, pissing us off kind of stuff? Yes it's a brand new model and thing for Ford, but really folks - you needed to do a better job coming out the gate. Most of the issues we have are software related, so probably fixable - and I do hope they are working on them. Here goes...

1) Even after a warranty fix, the rear hatch foot kick maneuver works only about half the time for both me and my wife. Geez.
2) Paak, even after recent patch to fix that, still is not reliable. My wife now refuses to drive the car without the fob, and will not devolve into doing access and backup codes. We need two fobs Mr Ford - and no charge for programming etc. I've seen $500 for some to get this going.
3) The automatic headlight dimmer works - most of the time. But not all.
4) The 'Imminent Collision' warning happens way too frequently, usually when someone is turning off the street in front of us and we are nowhere close to them.
5) The 'open all doors' button is located where the mirror memory buttons are for the seat etc. Why are they not down where the windows, mirrors adjustment controls are?
6) The relationship between Apple Car Play and the native functions of the MMS are not clear. I'm not sure that Apple Car Play is useful for anything other than streaming Spotify or whatever. It's confusing to have two separate navigation systems, two separate phone systems etc. The center display says no phone connected, no Bluetooth connection and a bunch of other status that are wrong just because Apple Carplay is in action. That whole interface is not intuitive.
7) The profiles and memory function relationship is not clear.
8) There is no way that someone who is not tech savvy can use this car, especially since many of the tech features have been implemented in non-intuitive ways.
9) The manual is not clear or complete in many different areas.
10) We're getting about 250 miles range....on the flats, reasonable acceleration, warm weather (not too hot). Really? Not anything close to the 304 advertised.

There's more - but I've forgotten them. None of these are super important except the Paak/Fob thing - you can workaround the other stuff but - it's pretty annoying. I'm still trying to figure stuff out after 5 weeks of driving. There's no way someone could just step into this car and drive it, which is kind of ridiculous. It's a car damn it! Oh well - I feel better now.
Sounds like you haven't bought a car in a while as most of your list pertains to pretty much all new cars.

OP
OP

Mandretti

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Long Range Red
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Sounds like you haven't bought a car in a while as most of your list pertains to pretty much all new cars.
Four years ago - and if all new cars have this number and variety of issues…. anyway I doubt it.

OP
OP

Mandretti

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Long Range Red
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
My main point is that many of the techy implementations of car functionality do not operate intuitively, are not well documented and are unreliable. While the car drives like a dream, these issues diminish our overall enjoyment of the vehicle. My wife doesn’t even want to drive it anymore.
Sponsored