Schwartzcynthia

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I just got the 6.1.0 update 3 days ago and the last two days every time I turn the car on I get the low tire pressure message..not one tire...all 4. Every time I turn it on the numbers vary from 29-31. One time today when I turned it on it says all tires were at 0. Then back to 31 the next time I turned it on. Is anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Maybe your tires are actually low. 31 is low.

OP
OP
Schwartzcynthia

Schwartzcynthia

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I will have them checked and report back. I just found it strange that it is all four and it happened the day after the OTA update and today when it said they were all 0...but like I said, I will have them checked and report back. Thanks!

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Wish we had a confused emoji reaction lol

cryptk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, Blazer EV RS (reserved)
Country flag
I will have them checked and report back. I just found it strange that it is all four and it happened the day after the OTA update and today when it said they were all 0...but like I said, I will have them checked and report back. Thanks!
The weather is cooling down. Colder temperatures will lower the pressure, and this would effect all four tires the same way.

tbrumleve

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium eAWD Standard Range
Country flag
Cold temps lower tire pressure. Probably a coincidence. Fill the tires appropriately and report back.

OP
OP
Schwartzcynthia

Schwartzcynthia

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Update: I didn't drive my car all weekend as I was out of town. I took it to have the tire pressure checked yesterday and the car was right...all 4 tires were low. I was shocked because we didn't have a cold front. It was 85 all last week. I will trust the warnings from my Mach E...lesson learned :)

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
Did it get suddenly colder out?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Update: I didn't drive my car all weekend as I was out of town. I took it to have the tire pressure checked yesterday and the car was right...all 4 tires were low. I was shocked because we didn't have a cold front. It was 85 all last week. I will trust the warnings from my Mach E...lesson learned :)
Cold weather will lower the tire pressure like 2-3 pounds. Yours should be at 39. They alert around 25% below threshold, i.e. around 29. So, the cold finally got them to alert.

What this means is that each month, progressively, you've been running on lower pressure than recommended, until it got to the point where you hit the threshold for the alert.

You're not the first post in the last week with this issue. The issue is that you're not keeping your tires near the recommended pressure. This results in extra wear on them.

It's recommended to check tire pressure, with a tire gauge, every month. As temps go up and down, tire pressures change. As you drive, tire pressure goes down. I just did a 4,700 mile trip and lost a few pounds out of my tires.

Also - if your tires are driven more than a few miles at slow speeds, they warm up. So, a 29PSI tire might read 31 at the tire shop. They inflate them to 39. You drive home, park it. Next morning you're at 37... That's why it's best to check tires COLD. If you did, you could do the following:

- find the tires at 29.
- drive to tire shop. Tell them to check pressure and compare to 29. Add that amount (i.e. say 30-29 = 1) to the recommended 39 and fill the tires to 40. When they cool, they will be 39 again.

I just filled my tires after my trip. Due to the weather turning colder, I put them at 41 when it was 65 out, with 35 forecast for the next week. They're now all reading 39.
Sponsored