Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Funny story to share.

My neighbor was a preorder holder ahead of me. We were in a detailed discussion about the lackluster experience of the FordPass app where I made the comment that you can add a vehicle to the app (and your Ford Account) as soon as you have a VIN. He took his VIN, added to FordPass, and clicked "Activate Vehicle". He did so every morning after noticing the requests time out due to inactivity from the vehicle.

We assume what happened was somewhere between production and shipping, a porter probably clicked activate on the Sync 4 cluster, successfully adding the vehicle to his FordPass account; which ultimately gave him the privilege of tracking his Mach E from plant to dealership.

I've done the same with no luck (yet), but I wanted to share for those who are awaiting production and/or shipment. Give it a try and see what happens for you.
Sponsored

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
Lucky SOB. While us peasants sit here clicking away and drooling over a blank pals screen

MachEGTPilot

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350 DRW, 2020 Escape Hybrid, 2021 MachE GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Funny story to share.

My neighbor was a preorder holder ahead of me. We were in a detailed discussion about the lackluster experience of the FordPass app where I made the comment that you can add a vehicle to the app (and your Ford Account) as soon as you have a VIN. He took his VIN, added to FordPass, and clicked "Activate Vehicle". He did so every morning after noticing the requests time out due to inactivity from the vehicle.

We assume what happened was somewhere between production and shipping, a porter probably clicked activate on the Sync 4 cluster, successfully adding the vehicle to his FordPass account; which ultimately gave him the privilege of tracking his Mach E from plant to dealership.

I've done the same with no luck (yet), but I wanted to share for those who are awaiting production and/or shipment. Give it a try and see what happens for you.
Great, so now I'm going to spend all day on the Fordpass app hoping someone sitting in my car accepts my activation request...........

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yup. A year ago, some people were able to watch their cars drive around the factory in Mexico. But tracking was lost when the cars were put in transport mode for their train ride.

cjrodriguez31

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT - Towed 4 times/9 months
Country flag
Thats too funny because i have been doing this daily as well with no luck wishing the same ?