Mach E Autonomous Driving Features

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
So the leaked features sheet references co-pilot360 2.0 and co-pilot assist 2.0. Is that what is currently being offered on new fords or is the 2.0 some type of unannounced upgrade? Also what is the difference between the co-pilot and the co-pilot assist? They were two separate line items on the features list (granted this could have been an error that will be corrected on the final version).

These are separate from the Active Park Assist 2.0, which was also listed on the features sheet.
Sponsored

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
I wish I knew what you are talking about. My Chevrolet Volt has adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist. It is something like autopilot but not near as aggressive. I still have to drive the car. It does park itself though.

So Ford may have an answer to autopilot? I'm interested in hearing more about that.

OP
OP

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I wish I knew what you are talking about. My Chevrolet Volt has adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist. It is something like autopilot but not near as aggressive. I still have to drive the car. It does park itself though.

So Ford may have an answer to autopilot? I'm interested in hearing more about that.
Not full auto-pilot by any means. There are 5 levels of autonomous driving. Most new vehicles out there have level 1 automation (like your Volt). I believe Tesla’s set up is considered a level 2 system (almost level 3) because it can change speed AND change lanes. I’m wondering if the reference to 2.0 in the features list means it’s a level 2 system.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E Autonomous Driving Features A7D7B745-BBD5-4893-9A11-32D5DB97E9F1

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
I believe 2.0 mean a upgraded program with sync4 coming soon it makes since.

Mister Mitch

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Flex Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy
Country flag
I had read a funny story about a Tesla.

Apparently the car was in "auto" mode and the guy behind the wheel, fell asleep (or may have had a heart condition that caused him to pass out, either way, he was sleeping and couldn't be roused by honking horns or sirens). The Tesla will change lanes when it is appropriate and will go back into the driving lane again.

As the story goes, the cops were notified. They got in front of the Tesla in order to get the Tesla to stop. Well, the Tesla, simply waited for an opening in traffic, changed lanes and passed the cop car.

The police were stumped. But they eventually got a rolling road block and they brought those cars to a stop and the Tesla, being compliant, also came to a stop. The police were able to then approach the vehicle and wake up the driver.

I've seen YouTube videos where you MUST touch the steering wheel every 30 seconds in the Tesla.

Even if the story is just fabricated, I'm pretty impressed.

Regards,

Mitch
Sponsored