Mach-E Collision. How to select body shop?

Raleigh-Mach-e

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
Got into an accident with my new Mach-e with 5K miles on it. My question is how do I go about selecting a repair shop. Except for the body work noticing error messages about Parking Aid being disabled and vehicle not showing outside temp anymore. Called my dealer and they said they dont do any body work. Since I have bought the car haven't had great expereince dealing with my dealsership for any issues.

Should I look for Body shops that deal primarily with EVs and that mean mostly TESLAs. I don't believe there are any Mach-e authorized shops out there. I am in Raleigh NC area.

Appreciate any guidance from the group!

68376027312__F69E3BDB-AA8F-40A5-8D4E-34C79C2766C9.jpeg
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Your insurance company should be able to help you with suggestions. Check their reviews and then select the one you feel good with.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Ford pass app has an option to search for approved collision centers. If you can find more than one shops, you might want to ask them whether or not they have repaired a MME before. Based on my experience, wait time for MME parts would be around 1-2 weeks.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Almost every dealer has a body shop they use. Damage to their cars are extremely common and they need to get them back to “new” to still sell them as such. Call your dealer’s service department and ask which body shop they send their cars to.

I had a similar accident and took it to a body shop that was the exclusive one used by a Ford dealer. They had never worked on an MME but had great reviews (and I checked out cars they just finished when I did my inspection) and were able to work with the Ford dealer to determine the parts needed. The sensors, etc. should be easy for any body shop as they’re commonplace nowadays.

Ultimately, as long as they know how to properly lift the vehicle, with this damage you can just find a well reviewed body shop that takes your insurance. Most body shops will tell you to stay away if they don’t feel comfortable working on an EV. I had called 2 other body shops before I found the 1 I ultimately used and 1 said they only had 1 location that did EVs and they were booked for months. The other said they just flat out weren’t comfortable to try and work on the MME.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
The damage here hurts for sure, but it doesn’t look severe. I think you’re fine going with a body shop recommended by your insurance provider (which should come with a lifetime warranty on the work), or in many cases like this, Yelp is your best friend. I actually got a great recommendation here on the forum for someone in my area who did fantastic work, but in lieu of that, I’d probably go to Yelp.
Sponsored