Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I don't have a Ford Secret Decoder Ring, lol.
Wait, I do... just give me a moment...

BE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE

wait, WTF?

?
Sponsored

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
We're still waiting to see a real outdoor photo of Infinite Blue, too!
And I am going to add space white to that list. I believe all outdoor White videos were star white despite being labeled space white in some cases.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
And I am going to add space white to that list. I believe all outdoor White videos were star white despite being labeled space white in some cases.
I'm pretty confident this is space white. You will see it outdoors.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I think you're right! It's hard to tell with the indoor shots and lighting, but outdoors it's definitely not star white and it's also not the silver.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
I saw that at some point and I think this is a case of mistaken identity. It looks like star white in the way it reflects as it goes by outside.

however that opinion and a buck will get you a $.50 piece of candy.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
GT ordering has not been announced. It will not open up at the same time as the other trim levels this month.

Edit:
Sorry I went back and re-read. GT reservations to continue though 2020CY.

So my speculation is that GT ordering will happen next year (2021). Non-Special edition reservations will be honored through the end of 2020, so the GT must be considered a special edition. Otherwise they would not have specified that 'non-special editions' reservations would expire at the end of 2020.
I was told by Ford that ALL reservations must be turned into orders by December 31, 2020.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
I called Mach E marketing a couple days ago, and they told me that when the order banks open tomorrow I will be able to upgrade my order from a Premium to a GT on the spot without issue. She seemed very adamant that it will be 100% possible, for those of you who are wanting to change your model, even to a GT. Let's hope she's right.

I wonder if they will open up online ordering at midnight... only one way to find out!

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I called Mach E marketing a couple days ago, and they told me that when the order banks open tomorrow I will be able to upgrade my order from a Premium to a GT on the spot without issue. She seemed very adamant that it will be 100% possible, for those of you who are wanting to change your model, even to a GT. Let's hope she's right.

I wonder if they will open up online ordering at midnight... only one way to find out!
Been talked about and answered. Changing was never in doubt except for those that didn't have FE reserved but wanted one.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
Been talked about and answered. Changing was never in doubt except for those that didn't have FE reserved but wanted one.
I've seen nothing regarding upgrading to a GT specifically. Especially since GT reservation holders didn't receive any emails about conversions.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I've seen nothing regarding upgrading to a GT specifically. Especially since GT reservation holders didn't receive any emails about conversions.

I was told the same thing. And that ALL reservations must be turned into orders 12/31/20. We'll see tomorrow.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Guess its not super clear. There are dates for existing reservation holders to convert to a actual order or else they lose the reservation (spot in line). The GT isn't noted to expire unlike FE (Aug 31st), Select/Premium/CA (Dec 31st). That said, when converting to an order, everything (Trim, color, package, dealership) is allow to be different than the reservation. (again, except for FE...luck of the draw if any is available when ordering). Delivery is still based on Trim + Timestamp so some will move back (Premium -> Select)...and some might move forward (CA Route 1 -> Premium)

So all these rules and dates makes it o_O o_O o_O

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Well, no, I have to disagree. It is a little different. When you go to a lot and purchase a car off the lot, there is a sticker with the sales price on it. Yes, it may have had ADM etc. added to it, but you at least get the see the price.

In this situation, we are committing to an order (with a potential non-refundable deposit), so we need to see the "final price" before clicking that button.

Summary is,
A car that I order with a "bottom line price" shown on the screen that then arrives and a dealer tries to add more things is completely different than arriving to a lot with a car already there with already-added ADM.
OK, you have a point there. But the cause of why you don't know the final price is because Ford's website has no idea about the dealer's policies, and the existing contracts between Ford and their dealers doesn't allow Ford to impose that "final price" you as a customer will actually pay. It's why I will actually go to my chosen dealer, test drive the thing, and if I like it then place the order then and there with the dealer: we'll agree on everything and I'll know what all the costs are. This online thing is a good try from Ford, but IMHO can't work as it should with the existing structure of Ford selling to the dealers, and the dealers selling to the customers.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I was told by Ford that ALL reservations must be turned into orders by December 31, 2020.

I was told the same thing. And that ALL reservations must be turned into orders 12/31/20. We'll see tomorrow.
I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of Ford marketing actually being correct, although there's only a 10% chance of that.

-F Drebin