OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
The unknown part of the leasing equation is the incentive amount Ford will put into the lease. In Calif they’re putting $2500 into financing and Options. I’m assuming it will be the same for RCL.
Right now the plan is for $0.00 RCL lease cash/rebates. But like all things that could change and incentives vary by market.
Sponsored

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I would sell mine at a price the market is willing to pay. If I choose to sell to a dealer, that price will be roughly $1,000-$1,750 or so below dealer sales because of buyer's risk, middleman fees/profit, warranty differences, and similar factors. If I sell privately, it will generally be $1,000-$2,500 above selling to a dealer. Just my observations on my non-premium cars like Accord, Fusion, Fiesta.

That's for my case, as someone who will own the vehicle outright at time of sale. No other party involved.

If a person had a vehicle to "sell" or trade while not the outright owner, then I'd guess this individual would generally end up accepting a lower resale value than I would, due to our different circumstances.

The buyer might be correct in assuming that this seller is carrying some financial baggage/burden and as a result, the seller is probably more deeply emotionally swayed in the transaction. Especially if the seller is upside down on the trade (financing is taking on more risk), or in a time crunch (like someone at the end of a lease).

Anyway, the above paragraph is where I can imagine a person with financing or who leased is going to get a lesser deal than a seller who owned their car... But that's about it. I still don't see the link between the number games, factors, market predictions, and whatever else are embedded into vehicle leasing, and the reality of the market that exists 2-4 years from now.

As a personal vehicle owner, I will always be more interested in overall cost of ownership than monthly payment amounts. But you stated you are leasing as a business expense. That can be a very different situation so your mileage may vary.
I understand what you are saying but you have to also realize I was able to justify switching to electric because i was almost breaking even using my gas car (Nissan Rogue) gas+monthly payment vs the MME. I was willing to even pay 100$ more for the electric. But with the lease price as it is what incentive do i have to switch. What incentive does anybody have to switch. The guy paying 500$/month for his Lexus RX wont go for the MME when its so much more. It doesnt make sense. You are trying to bring in clients, leasing is the way to attract clients to switch but not at that price.
On top of it where I live (quebec) they just put in the Cali 2035 law. So there was more incentive for me to switch. But at that price i might have no choice but wait or go to the competition.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You also said the market decides the price, but Ford doesnt believe that. They told everyone this care will be worth 35%. If you say the market will be determined by the sellers why is Ford telling us in 4yrs it will be worth 35%. Because theyre comparing with Nissan Leaf? Hyundai Ioniq? I didnt think i was buying/leasing that kind of car. Everything theyve been telling us was that it was a Tesla killer. So am i looking at 60k$ car that is competing with 35k$ cars? Really

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I appreciate all the insight from @hybrid2bev, I really do. And of course he/she isn’t the ones making the decisions, just passing it along.

But at the end of the day the options and RCL are really bad deals. We can spin it anyway you want.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've been on this Forum telling ppl not to compare the car to a Model 3, its not its competitor, you have to compare with the Y. Was I wrong? Is this car going to be worth the same price as a 3 in 4 years?

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@hybrid2bev its not against you. This morning i woke up feeling really bad for the car sales people because they've been dealt a really bad hand here and I realize it wont be their fault. When uninformed customers are shown these numbers theyre going to give the sales ppl really bad looks.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I appreciate all the insight from @hybrid2bev, I really do. And of course he/she isn’t the ones making the decisions, just passing it along.

But at the end of the day the options and RCL are really bad deals. We can spin it anyway you want.
Thanks. I try not to chime in unless I feel that there is incomplete or inaccurate information on here. Everyone has a right to their opinion and should freely share it so the Mach-E teams can see what customers are thinking.
@kdryden99 too!! Let your opinions be known.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
You also said the market decides the price, but Ford doesnt believe that. They told everyone this care will be worth 35%. If you say the market will be determined by the sellers why is Ford telling us in 4yrs it will be worth 35%. Because theyre comparing with Nissan Leaf? Hyundai Ioniq? I didnt think i was buying/leasing that kind of car. Everything theyve been telling us was that it was a Tesla killer. So am i looking at 60k$ car that is competing with 35k$ cars? Really
I realize that I have been beating the horse to death and he is almost dead:

For the Premium LR AWD, the Option Plan, using the Federal Tax credit of $7,500 as a down payment has a monthly charge of $748.

The MSRP, or selling price is $55,800. As the option plan is a sale and not a lease, the sales tax due where I live, 8.625% is an additional $4812. I realize that some states, like New Jersey, waive the sales tax on an EV, but NY like most states do not.

That $4,812 divided by 36 is an additional $133 a month, bring the actual monthly payment to $881!

Considering that the Model Y with no money down is $633 plus tax of $55 a month, totals $688.

Does paying $200 a month more for the MME make sense to anyone? It surely does not to me.

PS: In those states that waive the sales tax on an EV, the difference is $115 ($748 vs. $633).

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I realize that I have been beating the horse to death and he is almost dead:

For the Premium LR AWD, the Option Plan, using the Federal Tax credit of $7,500 as a down payment has a monthly charge of $748.

The MSRP, or selling price is $55,800. As the option plan is a sale and not a lease, the sales tax due where I live, 8.625% is an additional $4812. I realize that some states, like New Jersey, waive the sales tax on an EV, but NY like most states do not.

That $4,812 divided by 36 is an additional $133 a month, bring the actual monthly payment to $881!

Considering that the Model Y with no money down is $633 plus tax of $55 a month, totals $688.

Does paying $200 a month more for the MME make sense to anyone? It surely does not to me.

PS: In those states that waive the sales tax on an EV, the difference is $115 ($748 vs. $633).
Trust me i know. I caught on right away. Im not an accountant but Im good with math. I showed the info to my friend who is a CPA and he couldnt understand why Ford was doing this. He himself wanted a Y and I was trying to convince him to get the MME since he already owns a Mustang GT. He's as depressed as I am.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I understand what you are saying but you have to also realize I was able to justify switching to electric because i was almost breaking even using my gas car (Nissan Rogue) gas+monthly payment vs the MME. I was willing to even pay 100$ more for the electric. But with the lease price as it is what incentive do i have to switch. What incentive does anybody have to switch.
I think your wants/needs are just different than mine, and that's perfectly understandable and totally normal.

I've been wanting to go electric for a long time now. I'm finally being presented with an option that is compelling to me (Models S, X, 3, and Y are not) AND at a price I've decided I'm willing to pay.

Yes, this cost is higher than what I'd pay to get into a nicely equipped Mazda or Hyundai, but the Mustang Mach-E simply ticks more boxes. Price is only one factor.

@hybrid2bev its not against you. This morning i woke up feeling really bad for the car sales people because they've been dealt a really bad hand here and I realize it wont be their fault. When uninformed customers are shown these numbers theyre going to give the sales ppl really bad looks.
My dad sold cars for decades, and I felt bad for him. Those were rough years. But I don't understand why YOU will feel bad for your salesperson, unless you're related to them or something.

I don't think they've been dealt a bad hand. It's the opposite, they now have ANOTHER option while negotiating a sale with a potential customer. Before last week, their tool box was missing an RCL option for this vehicle. Now it has it, and the other sales tools are still there, too.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've been on this Forum telling ppl not to compare the car to a Model 3, its not its competitor, you have to compare with the Y. Was I wrong? Is this car going to be worth the same price as a 3 in 4 years?
In my mind the MME is aimed directly at the Model Y.

The Model Y is killing it: Sales of the Model S and X and dead in the water and for the extra money, especially when you lease, the Y is cannibalizing sales of the Model 3.

In resale value, I expect the Model Y to hold onto its value better than the 3, S or X.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think your wants/needs are just different than mine, and that's perfectly understandable and totally normal.

I've been wanting to go electric for a long time now. I'm finally being presented with an option that is compelling to me (Models S, X, 3, and Y are not) AND at a price I've decided I'm willing to pay.

Yes, this cost is higher than what I'd pay to get into a nicely equipped Mazda or Hyundai, but the Mustang Mach-E simply ticks more boxes. Price is only one factor.

My dad sold cars for decades, and I felt bad for him. Those were rough years. But I don't understand why YOU will feel bad for your salesperson, unless you're related to them or something.

I don't think they've been dealt a bad hand. It's the opposite, they now have ANOTHER option while negotiating a sale with a potential customer. Before last week, their tool box was missing an RCL option for this vehicle. Now it has it, and the other sales tools are still there, too.
Maybe because the numbers on the U.S. site werent posted, but last week the lease on the canadian site was 980$ its now 1400$.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Just thought of something:

The MME is a "Lost leader".

The MME will make every other Ford the dealership has look cheap by comparison.

Brilliant marketing by Ford: the original bait and switch: customers come to sign the papers on the MME, are shocked by the price and think they have a bargain with the Escape, Edge or Explorer.

We have all been looking at from a buyers perspective.

Now if we look at from Ford's side this is brilliant marketing!