Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I don't understand why people give up so quickly without trying alternatives. Yes, the wifi connection uses juice. Yes, the wireless charger is pathetically under powered and can't keep up. But that's certainly not a reason to give up. My solution was to find a high speed charger that plugged into the 12volt plug in the center console. Solved my problem instantly and my phone stays charged at 100%.
The wireless charge pad is one of several items in the car that has worked very well for me. It keeps my phone charged, is super convenient and in a handy spot. I don't even carry a cable in my car. Very happy with that feature so far. 👍
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I don't understand why people give up so quickly without trying alternatives. Yes, the wifi connection uses juice. Yes, the wireless charger is pathetically under powered and can't keep up. But that's certainly not a reason to give up. My solution was to find a high speed charger that plugged into the 12volt plug in the center console. Solved my problem instantly and my phone stays charged at 100%.
I also realized I prefer using Google Maps on my phone at the same time I am using the Sync navigation system. Flipping back and forth between AA and Sync nav isn't very seemless and less preferred to just look looking at my phone. And I can report speed traps and road hazards using my phone but not AA.

TheWalkingEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ID.4
Big map on a big screen is a big plus.
If only Android Auto could connect to the car every time instead of current ~90%
PAAK works great, but I'm carrying the phone now on my right side, so it's always close to the center of the car.
I have a 2018 Outback with an annoying infotainment system. Wired CarPlay will work well for awhile and then just stop connecting. Resetting the system fixes it, but it's very annoying that an iPhone cannot just connect everytime given how anal Apple is about their apps and software.

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
THANK YOU Ford for finally fixing Wired Apple Carplay.

Audio used to clip and disconnect whenever anything on the screen was changing, such as recalculating Google maps navigation. It seems after the games powerup update that this issue is resolved.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
But if we use Exploder don't we also have to use Rustang (hopefully this isn't the case in a few years, or use Disgustang, (or this only applies to the view from the back with skinny tires)
Heh I still use “Scumaro” and some of my more Brand X acquaintances use “Fireturkey.” 🤪🐩
Sponsored