Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Johnny,

I missed this, I guess. I have access to the frunk from FordPass, and of course the lever adjacent to the pedals. What's the software switch? I'm assuming that you mean you can also open the frunk from the main vehicle screen? It's it easier to just toggle the lever?

Which brings to mind, a real nice update would be to have a physical switch someplace for the lift-gate--perhaps repurposing one of the existing physical switches.

Thom
Yeah, the main vehicle screen. Us Job 1 owners donā€™t have the frunk button in our FordPass.

::kicks toe in dirt::
Sponsored

EasyPass

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium 4X, 2017 Fusion Energi PHEV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yesterday I took a short trip and returned with a smile on my face. I use Android Maps extensively and I noticed that it now fills the Mach-e's screen on my vehicle. It's nice to have large maps displayed for directions, etc. It got me thinking of all of the upgrades that have occurred in the 10 months since I've owned by 2021 Job 2. This is a partial list that comes to mind:
  • The Phone as a Key is working well now. I find it reliable, such that I almost never carry my key fob. I also like the fact that I can now cancel the feature on my phone when I return home. I used to have to force-close the app to keep my phone from attempting to connect to the vehicle.
  • Frunk works from the Ford app, although I seldom use it.
  • The range estimates seem to be better, as do the charging time estimates.
  • I've just noticed new functionality on the vehicle's screen for A/C controls. As a result, it doesn't look like I'll need to get into the HVAC screen much, if at all.
  • Blue Cruise seems to be working better (although I have limited experience on its use).
  • The Alexa app feature looks like it will actually be useful. Just the response to "Alexa, give me the weather forecast" is nice!
I don't keep track of the individual updates and what does what. But over time the vehicle has improved. Thus that smile!

I would be interested in the thoughts of others on this topic. What have you noticed that has improved? Or are you a 'cup half empty' person and feel that all of this should have worked flawlessly when the vehicle was first released? What have I missed above--I'm guessing a lot. What is still anticipated? Are we really supposed to get a new operating system soon?

Tom
  • PaaK has always worked reasonably well for me. The issues I have had relate more to the FordPass App updates (more than one) that killed/reinitialized the soft key in the app so that I had to manually create a new one along with the onboard door and start codes in the console. Very annoying.....
  • Never had a Frunk button. Took delivery of my MME in August '21. I am mostly up to date on software as of Sept '22 when I had my 10k dealer service. Where's my Frunk button? Who knows.
  • I never noticed any consistent variations in range estimates other than those that were weather related. I never really paid much attention to estimated charging times. I rely more on SoC and Miles/kWH anyway.
  • Still haven't seen any change in the A/C screen controls, but I'd certainly welcome it as I am not a fan of what I have. When will I get it? Who knows.
  • Blue Cruise is OK for a trial try out. If I had purchased this service I'd be disapointed with it's reliability as it seems to disengage with much frequency for unknown reasons. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
  • Always had voice controls/inquiry with Google and Android Auto since day one.
What is a bit frustrating is reading about others getting OTAs with new features and services that I only get after many days/weeks/months/who-knows, with no possible way of knowing when they will be delivered. Hate that. Otherwise, it has been a relatively progressive improvement in general operation and services as far as I'm personally concerned.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Yesterday I took a short trip and returned with a smile on my face. I use Android Maps extensively and I noticed that it now fills the Mach-e's screen on my vehicle. It's nice to have large maps displayed for directions, etc. It got me thinking of all of the upgrades that have occurred in the 10 months since I've owned by 2021 Job 2. This is a partial list that comes to mind:
  • The Phone as a Key is working well now. I find it reliable, such that I almost never carry my key fob. I also like the fact that I can now cancel the feature on my phone when I return home. I used to have to force-close the app to keep my phone from attempting to connect to the vehicle.
  • Frunk works from the Ford app, although I seldom use it.
  • The range estimates seem to be better, as do the charging time estimates.
  • I've just noticed new functionality on the vehicle's screen for A/C controls. As a result, it doesn't look like I'll need to get into the HVAC screen much, if at all.
  • Blue Cruise seems to be working better (although I have limited experience on its use).
  • The Alexa app feature looks like it will actually be useful. Just the response to "Alexa, give me the weather forecast" is nice!
I don't keep track of the individual updates and what does what. But over time the vehicle has improved. Thus that smile!

I would be interested in the thoughts of others on this topic. What have you noticed that has improved? Or are you a 'cup half empty' person and feel that all of this should have worked flawlessly when the vehicle was first released? What have I missed above--I'm guessing a lot. What is still anticipated? Are we really supposed to get a new operating system soon?

Tom
Thank you for the feedback, Tom. Glad you're enjoying your Mach-E!

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Big map on a big screen is a big plus.
If only Android Auto could connect to the car every time instead of current ~90%
PAAK works great, but I'm carrying the phone now on my right side, so it's always close to the center of the car.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Have you tried any of the Guest profile fixes? Most people have had it fixed by just creating a third profile so all your profiles are maxed out and everything goes back to normal.
No. Was not aware of any fix for the issue. Really shouldn't need to be fixed since it worked fine before the OTA (but that is irrelevant I guess...)

Like many OTA quirks, it corrected itself after a while. In this case it took 17 drive cycles and then my profile loaded again. Gotta love these updates. :rolleyes:

Not looking forward to the next one. Apparently it disables the fobs on some cars...

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
No. Was not aware of any fix for the issue. Really shouldn't need to be fixed since it worked fine before the OTA (but that is irrelevant I guess...)

Like many OTA quirks, it corrected itself after a while. In this case it took 17 drive cycles and then my profile loaded again. Gotta love these updates. :rolleyes:

Not looking forward to the next one. Apparently it disables the fobs on some cars...
You wanna complain about it or do you wanna fix it?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You wanna complain about it or do you wanna fix it?
Neither. Would prefer if it just worked like normal.

The profiles fixed itself though. It loaded fine last night while I was heading home from my daughter's house.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
What have I missed above--I'm guessing a lot. What is still anticipated?
My car only had two problems that bothered me - PAAK was unreliable, and the backup start passcode was unreliable. Both have been recently fixed in software.

I'm very happy with the Mustang. I'd be even happier if they replaced the defective HVBJB.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Which brings to mind, a real nice update would be to have a physical switch someplace for the lift-gate--perhaps repurposing one of the existing physical switches.
You mean like this one?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Getting Better and Better 20221023_225821

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
The Phone as a Key is working well now. I find it reliable, such that I almost never carry my key fob. I also like the fact that I can now cancel the feature on my phone when I return home. I used to have to force-close the app to keep my phone from attempting to connect to the vehicle.
Is the ability to disable PAAK at home an Android-only feature? I didnā€™t know this was possible and donā€™t see how to do this on iPhone.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
On the other hand,
  • Still no remote Frunk release. Not in FordPass, not on the Sync Screen
  • The day 1 bug of the car not remembering your seat position, or radio stations, or Sirius XM presets, or various tone and balance settings is still there.
  • PAAK has gotten much worse for me. It worked with 98% reliability from day 1, 18-months ago, until an update or three ago. I now have to use the fob to ensure Iā€™m not locked out of the car or unable to start.
  • The start code input screen still haphazardly appears instead of when needed (see above).
  • GOM guesses are literally worse than bad. Theyā€™ve never improved.
  • The native nav system still insists I donā€™t have enough charge to drive 45 miles with a starting SOC of 80% on an ER battery.
  • The native nav system solves the above problem by routing me to a L2 charger 50 miles south of me. At a Nissan Dealer. Even when Iā€™m planning a 45 mile drive to the Northeast.
  • The mislock chirp still occurs about 25% of the time when I get out of the car with all fobs or PAAK in my pockets.
  • The car ignores the ā€œAutomatic Updates OFFā€ setting and updates anyway.
  • The automatic headlamp switch bug is still there.
  • HVBJBs are still failing and still stranding people.
The car has as many issues as it has improvements and wins. Perfectly normal.

OP
OP
ThomF

ThomF

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Engineer-historian
Country flag
LIke this, or this one? šŸ¤ŖšŸ©
OK, now you are just rubbing it in! :)

I'm assuming that feature comes with the 2022? If so, you guys are lucky! I'd gladly give up the feature I have for that button, which I think turns on the anti-fog feature for the windows, which I have yet to use. Frankly, I didn't realize that it was on a button until I looked.

Maybe I can talk Ford into making the change and sending me a sticker to place on the button? ;)

OP
OP
ThomF

ThomF

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Engineer-historian
Country flag
Is the ability to disable PAAK at home an Android-only feature? I didnā€™t know this was possible and donā€™t see how to do this on iPhone.
When it is enabled on my Android device it shows up in the Notification area. If I click on it, or drag it down, it provides me with an option to 'cancel' the feature.

Tom
Sponsored