First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
OK, now you are just rubbing it in! :)

I'm assuming that feature comes with the 2022? If so, you guys are lucky! I'd gladly give up the feature I have for that button, which I think turns on the anti-fog feature for the windows, which I have yet to use. Frankly, I didn't realize that it was on a button until I looked.

Maybe I can talk Ford into making the change and sending me a sticker to place on the button? ;)
Nope, those who have the button did a modification we learned about here on the forum.

Read through this thread and you might decide to join the lucky few with a hatch button!
https://www.macheforum.com/site/posts/327688/
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
OK, now you are just rubbing it in! :)

I'm assuming that feature comes with the 2022? If so, you guys are lucky! I'd gladly give up the feature I have for that button, which I think turns on the anti-fog feature for the windows, which I have yet to use. Frankly, I didn't realize that it was on a button until I looked.

Maybe I can talk Ford into making the change and sending me a sticker to place on the button? ;)
Nope. Both cars have been modified to use a switch from an Exploder. I bought mine as an entire headlight switch assembly from an online wrecking yard and removed the liftgate switch from the assembly. 😊🐩

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
I don't even have my MME yet (just moved to "Built" status today!) but being on the boards here, even since June, it appears that things are improving. Ford has also made changes to their vehicle digital and software leadership that appears to be paying off. Vehicle and App software seems to be updating, fixing issues, and adding new features much more often, even in the last 4 months.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I was trying to update my car via FDRS last weekend. I succeeded with a few small updates (door modules, a few others) so I decided to try the huge APIM update. Failure due to my power source dying. At that point, I had 6 modules downrev on my list. On Monday while I was at work, my car ran the 3.5.4 OTA package. Now I have only 2 modules that are downrev and the monster APIM is not one of them! Definitely better. LOL 😊🐩

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
I don't even have my MME yet (just moved to "Built" status today!) but being on the boards here, even since June, it appears that things are improving. Ford has also made changes to their vehicle digital and software leadership that appears to be paying off. Vehicle and App software seems to be updating, fixing issues, and adding new features much more often, even in the last 4 months.
It getting better for sure.

DRuth086

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2021 Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
I'm going to join the chorus of people who feel like the software has worsened over time. It's nearly impossible to use Apple or Google Maps now in my car as the screen only updates every 5 minutes, so I miss turned constantly (not my phone as it works fine when not connected to CarPlay). The profile issue in the 3.5 series was annoying, although I think now corrected, IDK. BlueCruise periodically doesn't want to activate for an entire trip. I'm sure it's all car dependent. Still love the car though.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I'm going to join the chorus of people who feel like the software has worsened over time. It's nearly impossible to use Apple or Google Maps now in my car as the screen only updates every 5 minutes, so I miss turned constantly (not my phone as it works fine when not connected to CarPlay). The profile issue in the 3.5 series was annoying, although I think now corrected, IDK. BlueCruise periodically doesn't want to activate for an entire trip. I'm sure it's all car dependent. Still love the car though.
For me it was impossible to use wireless Android Auto since the day I brought my car home. Yes it worked, but it killed my phone battery and the charging pad couldn't keep up with the load. So I gave up. Now I use Google Maps on my phone, and the Sync navigation system, both at the same time. I like comparing the routes as sometimes they differ. Usually The Google is best, but I do like to see where Sync determines I should go. And I love how Sync will tell me my battery level at destination. It is usually a little pessimistic, but pretty close. Which is good. You don't want an optimistic result for that.

I think the software has gotten better. Previous to the latest updates, it would sometimes take forever for the climate and other functions to be available when first starting the car. The lag is much better now, with the ability to turn off the backup sensors becoming available much more quickly. That is important for me because I often have a bike on the back, and I need to turn off the sensors otherwise the car jams me to a stop. Not pleasant.

Also, now I have an A/C button on the main screen, and the door locks are behaving in a more intuitive way. Since the latest updates, now when someone is pressing a button to open a door, it automatically pops open as soon as I unlock the doors. Very cool. Better, for sure, IMO.

I am still holding out hope for a heat button on the main screen...

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
I got my car recently. It was a Sept 22 GT build. So far, I've literally never had any major software related issues. And I'm not saying because I'm in the honeymoon phase. In fact the car is going in the shop on Tuesday for a couple of days since my passenger side door has a manufacturing defect and is too closely aligned where it literally scrapes the front fender. Apart from that, the car checks on all the expectations I had. Some of the features I like:

• PAAK has always worked for me. Maybe it is because I got an iPhone 13 Pro recently but I've never had any issues in getting it to connect and open. Worst case I have to press the door open button twice
  • Apple Carplay has always worked. I've never gotten weird disconnection issues. The UI is snappy (well as much as the native maps)
  • Bluecruise has been rock solid. I do commute to work once a week where it is my godsend. I ride on a handsfree highway and works like 95% of the way. The 5% of the time it fails is because of construction zones
Some of the minor things that I wish were fixed are:
  • Why doesn't the car remember that I've told it I don't need outside air? it always seems to revert back to pump in outside air
  • The seat heat and AC fan buttons should just increase and cycle through the values by tapping on their icons. The whole slider UI is stupid and PIA when you're driving. Takes your eyes off the road. Maybe convert the volume knob to even change those when you click on it.

OP
OP
ThomF

ThomF

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Engineer-historian
Country flag
I'm not having those issues at all, although I'm an Android user. Android Auto used to be glitchy for me initially (wouldn't always load), but I'm finding it has been almost flawless the last six months. And I really like the convenience of having it connect wirelessly.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Nope. Both cars have been modified to use a switch from an Exploder. I bought mine as an entire headlight switch assembly from an online wrecking yard and removed the liftgate switch from the assembly. 😊🐩
And I thought I was the only one who still calls them Exploders. Always seems to confuse the young’uns.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
And I thought I was the only one who still calls them Exploders. Always seems to confuse the young’uns.
But if we use Exploder don't we also have to use Rustang (hopefully this isn't the case in a few years, or use Disgustang, (or this only applies to the view from the back with skinny tires)

DB_From_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME, Chevy Volt
Occupation
Business Mgr
Country flag
I bought my first Ford in the MME Prem ER-AWD just six days ago and coming from a 2015 Chevy Volt, it has exceeded my expectations. For what it's worth, here is how I respond to it so far:
  • Design (Ext/Int) - Excellent.
  • Ride -Firm, but acceptable.
  • Range - Very good.
  • HVAC - Very good and far better than my old Volt.
  • Sound system - For a premium name like B&O, it didn't move me.
  • Features - Loaded
  • Production Quality - Excellent. Haven't found any issues yet.
  • Software UI - Clean and intuitive it is not. I'd like to see them clean-slate this.
Most importantly, my 16 yr old son loves it :)

For those of you who jumped in early, thanks for being on the bleeding edge. I am sure it has been a major reason why Ford has been doubling down on EV as a priority.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
For me it was impossible to use wireless Android Auto since the day I brought my car home. Yes it worked, but it killed my phone battery and the charging pad couldn't keep up with the load. So I gave up.
I don't understand why people give up so quickly without trying alternatives. Yes, the wifi connection uses juice. Yes, the wireless charger is pathetically under powered and can't keep up. But that's certainly not a reason to give up. My solution was to find a high speed charger that plugged into the 12volt plug in the center console. Solved my problem instantly and my phone stays charged at 100%.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I don't understand why people give up so quickly without trying alternatives. Yes, the wifi connection uses juice. Yes, the wireless charger is pathetically under powered and can't keep up. But that's certainly not a reason to give up. My solution was to find a high speed charger that plugged into the 12volt plug in the center console. Solved my problem instantly and my phone stays charged at 100%.
Of course, having to plug your phone in kind of defeats the purpose of connecting wirelessly. Might as well just turn off wireless and connect via USB, save the battery and processors from the heat and charging action.
Sponsored