Mach-E Glitch - FordPass App Model Activation: Prompt Does Not Appear on SYNC4A Screen

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
I just saw this too and was getting ready to post.
My first thought was could it be that trying to Activate your car upon receiving the final Build Date or Activate button on the Ford Pass App may create difficulty in connecting when you actually take delivery? To be safe, I don't plan to Activate just to confirm it is alive. I will wait until I meet the car in person.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I just saw this too and was getting ready to post.
My first thought was could it be that trying to Activate your car upon receiving the final Build Date or Activate button on the Ford Pass App may create difficulty in connecting when you actually take delivery? To be safe, I don't plan to Activate just to confirm it is alive. I will wait until I meet the car in person.
SO all those people who are asking should I click this button - the answer is - only if you dont want it work when you get the car :)

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
SO all those people who are asking should I click this button - the answer is - only if you dont want it work when you get the car :)
Too late! :rolleyes:

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
I don't know for sure if pushing the button early leads to future connectivity woes. I broke my Android Phone and just got my first IPhone. When I loaded the Ford Pass App, low and behold, there is a photo of my Infinite Metallic Blue Mustang with an Activate Button. To be safe, I am not pushing it, but the Tracker still says "In Production" Not sure if it is really built or if I just got the Activate button because I loaded the app on my new IPhone.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I don't know for sure if pushing the button early leads to future connectivity woes. I broke my Android Phone and just got my first IPhone. When I loaded the Ford Pass App, low and behold, there is a photo of my Infinite Metallic Blue Mustang with an Activate Button. To be safe, I am not pushing it, but the Tracker still says "In Production" Not sure if it is really built or if I just got the Activate button because I loaded the app on my new IPhone.
You are right we don't know if the button does anything if pushed - but given the issues seen , and yes I did press it more than once and I did delete and add the VIN a few times, before receiving the vehicle I plan to remove the vehicle and add again by following the instructions.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I don't remember the exact steps I took when picking up my Mach-E. Pretty sure I activated the vehicle, went through bluetooth setup, PaaK setup, then eventually went back into the FordPass app and did remote setup again at which point it popped up inside the Mach-E to accept. Loaded my profile right up.

If I log into my Ford Owner account online, it still says my remote setup is at 75% though, so obviously some bugs still in play.
Sponsored