Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
OK, I know that some of you don't care about top level performance. This is a thread for those that do care. Please, no posts like "Why do you need to go that fast" etc. There's a reason this car is part of the Mustang family...

The screen grab from the Ford website posted below shows there is a difference between the GT and the GT Performance. I hadn't noticed this before other than some folks pooh poohing the difference. This is news to me anyways. So, according to the Ford website, the GT will not be 0-60 competitive with the Performance Y. The GT Performance edition will be. Reading about the 0-60 time in the mid 3s on the Ford website further confirms this as footnotes point out that mid 3 second 0-60 performance will require "Optional equipment" on top of the GT model. The standard GT is targeting "sub 4 0-60" the GT Performance is targeting "Mid 3 second."

Once I go to pre-order, there is a GT model, but no "GT Performance" option. So I'm guessing this will have to be added later at a higher cost? Does anyone have anything other than a guess how much the Performance option is going to cost, and when it will be available?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT vs GT Performance Mach GT
Sponsored

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I think some folks were speculating around the $5k mark, but not sure if that’s based on anything.. It’s the same batteries and motors, but we think it comes with the magnaride suspension, Brembo brakes, and upgraded wheels (maybe these upgrades allows the car to handle more power out from the motors...or maybe they just want to make people pay for the extra half a second or so.

Reactions: Nak

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Unfortunately only those inside Ford have an idea, but they are not going to post that here. Like with everything else we have to wait for Ford to get around to it sometime this spring

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Interesting find there. I'm not surprised there will be two GT options but it seems odd that's this reference is so rare on the website, and only appears in one or two places.
I only found that writeup on the Media/Press page:
https://www.ford.com/mach-e/2021/media-kit/
I didn't see it on the GT reservation pages but didn't go to the very end as I don't want to place another order.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Interesting find there. I'm not surprised there will be two GT options but it seems odd that's this reference is so rare on the website, and only appears in one or two places.
I only found that writeup on the Media/Press page:
https://www.ford.com/mach-e/2021/media-kit/
I didn't see it on the GT reservation pages but didn't go to the very end as I don't want to place another order.
I have a GT reserved and it wasn’t selectable as part of the reservation process. I suspect it’s because it’s considered an option package versus a different trim level.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I think this is still the only info published by Ford. No pricing yet. It is not in the configurator as a separate model/trim, but is expected to be an option package.

GT Performance

Improved acceleration, magneride, range down to 235, unique wheels and grill....

Last edited:

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I think this is still the only info published by Ford. No pricing yet. It is not in the configurator as a separate model/trim, but is expected to be an option package.

GT Performance

Improved acceleration, magneride, range down to 235, unique wheels and grill....
I haven't seen anything to suggest the wheels and grill would be any different between the "GT" and the "GT Performance" addition. Maybe the upgraded wheels are included, but I haven't seen anything that clearly states that. The items @benboy12 states above makes sense, but again, I haven't seen it in writing anywhere, except for the magnaride.

Canada is only getting the GT Performance addition and if you calculate the conversion between US$ and C$, it is only about $2000 more for the GT Performance than the USA advertised $60,500 for the base GT.

I am interested in the upgraded GT wheels, the glass roof, and the magnaride. Waiting to see if it make sense to go GT Performance or base GT plus options.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven't seen anything to suggest the wheels and grill would be any different between the "GT" and the "GT Performance" addition. Maybe the upgraded wheels are included, but I haven't seen anything that clearly states that.
Did you read the link I provided? 20” FORGED aluminum wheels; unique carbonized GREY grill?

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I haven't seen anything to suggest the wheels and grill would be any different between the "GT" and the "GT Performance" addition. Maybe the upgraded wheels are included, but I haven't seen anything that clearly states that. The items @benboy12 states above makes sense, but again, I haven't seen it in writing anywhere, except for the magnaride.

Canada is only getting the GT Performance addition and if you calculate the conversion between US$ and C$, it is only about $2000 more for the GT Performance than the USA advertised $60,500 for the base GT.

I am interested in the upgraded GT wheels, the glass roof, and the magnaride. Waiting to see if it make sense to go GT Performance or base GT plus options.
I said upgraded wheels because I’ve seen two sets of GT wheels and one I’ve only seen with the red brake calipers on the GT which I think is the performance edition

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Did you read the link I provided? 20” FORGED aluminum wheels; unique carbonized GREY grill?
I reviewed the Mach E brochure and "Forged" wheels are the upgraded wheels, so I think that is pretty clearly confirmed. The "carbonized grey grill" is also on the base "GT", so I don't think there is any difference there. The link states it as a feature, but I don't think it is exclusive to the Performance GT, just the GT.

BadaBing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang & Explorer
Country flag
I hope that price difference more or less holds true for the US market also. Not bad at all especially if it makes the magneride suspension standard.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I hope that price difference more or less holds true for the US market also. Not bad at all especially if it makes the magneride suspension standard.
Of course while $2000 seems to be the difference between Canadian Performance GT and the American base GT, I'm not thinking we will see it as only a $2000 adder in the USA. Hoping, but not planning!

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I reviewed the Mach E brochure and "Forged" wheels are the upgraded wheels, so I think that is pretty clearly confirmed. The "carbonized grey grill" is also on the base "GT", so I don't think there is any difference there. The link states it as a feature, but I don't think it is exclusive to the Performance GT, just the GT.
The carbonized grey grill pictured looks different to me than the black standard on the GT. And, yes, the forged wheels are also different than the cast wheels on the GT... that’s what I was referring to in my first post.

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Lets wait and see what performance we will get with the RWD and AWD versions. Ford want to enter the market with a real competition to the Tesla models.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
The carbonized grey grill pictured looks different to me than the black standard on the GT. And, yes, the forged wheels are also different than the cast wheels on the GT... that’s what I was referring to in my first post.
With all the various pictures and lighting, I'm not sure if the grill is different or not between the GT models. Even if it is somewhat different, I don't think the difference is enough to make me have a preference one way or the other. We'll see when we finally get firm options from Ford. Waiting patiently...
Sponsored