Mach E GTPE vs. Model X

RafikkiMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X/MME Select Grabber Blue on Order
Country flag
I just picked up a black Mach E GTPE coming from a 6 year old Model X and wow! The Mach E is obviously quicker than my 75D Model X but it also handles much better. I feel far more in control. The car feels much more solidly put together. The Model X interior is so loud when driving at highway speeds between the wind and road noise that comes into the cabin. The infotainment is much better as well with the addition of car play. Overall, I feel as though I made a huge upgrade.. the only downside is that my kids loved the falcon wing doors on the X but in my opinion those were a pain in the ass. I put 122,000 miles on the X, if I can do the same or more on the Mach E I’ll be very happy!
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Happy to hear and have you onboard! I’ve always wanted an S, really love the look, but I was thinking about it the other day as I walked by the couple of Plaids in our office parking structure and really love CarPlay. I don’t know if I could really do without CarPlay now, especially wireless!

Out of curiosity, what kind of battery degradation were you seeing on the X with that many miles?

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I sold my 2020 Tesla Model 3 and replaced it with a 2022 MME GTPE. They are great cars and I enjoyed them both.

My impression is that the MME is the better built car and the Tesla has better electronics and tech. Perhaps that stands to reason, since Ford has 100+ years more experience at building cars than Tesla, and Tesla has more advanced tech than Ford.

But they're both catching up; Tesla has made big improvements in build quality and Ford has improved its tech. Now that the EV market is more competitive, both manufacturers will need to bring their best game to the party, which can only be a good thing for us.

OP
OP
RafikkiMD

RafikkiMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X/MME Select Grabber Blue on Order
Country flag
Happy to hear and have you onboard! I’ve always wanted an S, really love the look, but I was thinking about it the other day as I walked by the couple of Plaids in our office parking structure and really love CarPlay. I don’t know if I could really do without CarPlay now, especially wireless!

Out of curiosity, what kind of battery degradation were you seeing on the X with that many miles?
I had about 232 miles on a full charge when I took delivery of the X and as of my sale of the X I have 200 on a full charge.
Sponsored