Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Supply Chain
Country flag
I bought my premiere Mach E mid May and it’s already been in the shop one week. When I was pulling out of the Costco parking space, I went from reverse to drive and the car lurched forward and began accelerating quickly on its own. I immediately stopped the car then restarted and a service vehicle soon alert displayed in the dashboard. The Ford App stated “a powertrain fault has been detected.” The one pedal feature also turns off randomly - creating quite a concern when you expect the car to decelerate but it keeps going. Third issue is the lane assist jerked the wheel hard to the left when driving 60 mph on freeway causing me to swerve unexpectedly into the next lane. I had hands on wheel and was able to avoid hitting car next to me. This is the first Mach E to enter the service shop at my dealer. They confirmed the faults and need to remove the rear end to access additional connectors to find out what’s going on. Waiting to begin work until parts to reassemble the rear end arrive. No ETA.
Not happy with Hertz rental car (Ford Escape) with 50k miles - yet in a week they have yet had a better car. Called Ford National Service Center and waiting for a response. Any suggestions on what next steps to take?

2056DFFB-2823-40B8-B6B8-57BEE9C90536.jpeg

2AA853E8-9D41-40B8-A48A-09CF76B2D0E1.jpeg

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Reach out to @Ford Motor Company on here (send them a private message describing your issue and include your VIN).

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Document everything. If there's a problem in the works, Ford isn't the only entity you'll be talking with.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Keep your left thumb off the steering wheel buttons.
Sponsored