Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Have used A and Z plan allot over the years and typically in the past, the Employee pricing on newly released cars that are limited in availability may be delayed to fulfill retail deliveries. After inventory is built up, they start allowing us to buy them with our A and Z plans. A and Z are less than invoice and the dealers are paid a predetermined fee by Ford. Not sure what if anything has been set for the Mach E.
Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Ya hopefully the Ford bean counters realize this. The whole ADM thing's gotta go away if Ford or any other company wants to compete with Tesla on pricing/value.
Hailing from the other side of the pond originally the whole ADM things is just an USA oddity to me, I had enough problems getting my focus RS thanks to west coast dealers wanting 5-10k markups, took a while to find one that would sell at a real world price, of course then there was the whole head gasket debacle so said greedy dealers ended up with cars sitting on lots for 2+ years still trying to hold out for ADM prices utter madness. Of course when a model doesn't sell all the dealers will complain to ford that nobody wants it when the ADM is the reason nobody wants it.

Ford needs this to be a hit as the mustang faithful alredy have the pitchforks to hand. At the moment for me the choice is between the mach-e, polestar 2 & Model Y the later two are order online and ADM free. Slap ADM on the mach-e and I go elsewhere and no doubt sales suffer as others do the same as there can only be so many morons that want to pay over the odds.

Mister Mitch

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Flex Limited
Occupation
Retired Navy
Country flag
Will there be one at every dealership to see if the size will fit my 73 inch frame? I cannot fit in a mustang as is Looks like the size of the Mazda CX5
I'm only 5'9", so if the door height is the same as the Taurus, I will not have much issues. I'm just fat, so the seat better be able to be pushed back from the steering wheel. Memory seats better be standard.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
So it looks like the reservation only connects you with a dealer. Any tips in picking a dealer who won't charge an ADM?

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
So it looks like the reservation only connects you with a dealer. Any tips in picking a dealer who won't charge an ADM?
Use your regular dealer, I've got a long relationship with ours. Still no guarantee though, nothing is. If they do ADM, I will have no frustration, I'll just cancel the order and wait for inventory to build. I may pay sticker for a vehicle, not going to pay more, unless it's a classic and it's appreciating.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Dealerships can be a problem. A few would want to only sell EV and many others wouldn't want to sell them at all.

Expect this car to do well in California. Tesla has proven there is a strong market having delivered 97K cars last quarter and aims to deliver a total number of 360K to 400K cars by the end of 2019.
Only 2100 of the 3000+ dealerships have signed up to sell Ford's MMe's. They are investing a significant amount of money and energy to be able to sell. If a salesperson is reticent to sell a MMe, get the sales manager. I went with my small town dealer because of past business.
Sponsored