AJTH85

First Name
Arjun Thammaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E4 2021
Country flag
  • My Mach E does not activates precondition option during evening time. Morning it is not a problem as it will be plugged in. This should not have caused any problem as I have selected the "Allow start when the vehicle is unplugged" option. However, it is still not switching on the preconditioning mode. Because of this, I should always use the remote start option.

• Another issue is that the wireless key is not at all working. I should always use the key to open the door.
Is anyone facing similar problems?
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
When you say "wireless key", are you talking about when using your phone as the key, or when you have the physical key fob in your pocket?

I don't use my phone as a key and the fob in my right pocket works fine 95% of the time, although the other 5% of the time I have to hit the "open the door" button several times to wake up the car before it will recognize the fob and then open the door.

Courtney

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME
Country flag
  • My Mach E does not activates precondition option during evening time. Morning it is not a problem as it will be plugged in. This should not have caused any problem as I have selected the "Allow start when the vehicle is unplugged" option. However, it is still not switching on the preconditioning mode. Because of this, I should always use the remote start option.

• Another issue is that the wireless key is not at all working. I should always use the key to open the door.
Is anyone facing similar problems?
When you open Ford's app to set your departure times, is your "vehicle's time zone" stuck on Detroit or does it keep reverting back to Detroit? I have this issue. What I discovered is when the car is unplugged it preconditions on Detroit (Eastern Standard Time) rather than Mountain Standard Time (I'm in Denver). But, when plugged in it somehow knows to precondition on Denver time. So, if I precondition when unplugged, I set it to precondition based on EST. Wonky, but it works.

OP
OP

AJTH85

First Name
Arjun Thammaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E4 2021
Country flag
When you say "wireless key", are you talking about when using your phone as the key, or when you have the physical key fob in your pocket?

I don't use my phone as a key and the fob in my right pocket works fine 95% of the time, although the other 5% of the time I have to hit the "open the door" button several times to wake up the car before it will recognize the fob and then open the door.
I am using both phone and fob but still it is not working. Hardly worked few times from the time I bought.

OP
OP

AJTH85

First Name
Arjun Thammaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E4 2021
Country flag
When you open Ford's app to set your departure times, is your "vehicle's time zone" stuck on Detroit or does it keep reverting back to Detroit? I have this issue. What I discovered is when the car is unplugged it preconditions on Detroit (Eastern Standard Time) rather than Mountain Standard Time (I'm in Denver). But, when plugged in it somehow knows to precondition on Denver time. So, if I precondition when unplugged, I set it to precondition based on EST. Wonky, but it works.
I haven’t observed the time change. I will make a bit of it. I stay in Winnipeg, Canada.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I am using both phone and fob but still it is not working. Hardly worked few times from the time I bought.
I should always use the key to open the door.
o_O
What key?

Regarding preconditioning - I can be wrong, but I think it only works when the car is plugged in.

OP
OP

AJTH85

First Name
Arjun Thammaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E4 2021
Country flag
o_O
What key?

Regarding preconditioning - I can be wrong, but I think it only works when the car is plugged in.
I am talking about Unlock button in key Fob.
Precondition should work even when it is not plugged in.

268B892E-8F8F-421E-886D-047126A92DFA.jpeg

Xlch59

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 mach 2004 Cobra 2007 GT500
Country flag
The two lines above your circle "You vehicle must be plugged in for you departure time setting to work". The car must be plugged in for preconditioning.
Sponsored

Last edited: