Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
because this happened in alameda county this guy is certainly back on the streets and will very likely face no penalties.

i'm glad the insurance company is going to make you whole and that there's plenty of inventory so that you can get a new MME quickly.
always someone in these posts that ruins them
Sponsored

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
So glad to hear you came out of it Ok, the cars can be replaced (and you already took care of that) human life if precious.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, it proves once again the safety aspects @Ford designed into this vehicle truly work to safeguard the occupants.

Tony

Mnath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Friday afternoon Sept 8th I was driving home from Fremont CA north on I880 near the Stevenson Blvd exit Hayward CA in the 2nd from left lane at 60 mph in traffic. I was hit on the rear driver side of my car by a light truck fleeing the police in pursuit after what I was told was a robbery. The fleeing driver was trying to switch lanes when I was hit. I did not hear any sirens nor did not see them coming. The other vehicle crashed off the other side of the highway and the driver was captured by the police trying to flee on foot. The CHP officer said they had the whole incident on video and photographed my car.

After my 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium was hit, the car was spun around and the vehicle moving backwards hit the center divider wall on the passengerā€™s rear side. On impact the side airbags inflated, but the steering wheel airbag didnā€™t. Although I heard the side airbags go off, I didnā€™t feel much of a jolt when the car slammed into the center divide, but it did hit at a glancing angle and the car was still moving backwards. Perhaps the rear structure absorbed the energy? The seat and seatbelts kept me very securely in place. I sensed I was okay although obviously quite shaken. I am very grateful at how well the Mach-E protected me.

The vehicle did not stop on its own going backwards and I applied the brakes to stop. The car was either freewheeling backward or had shifted into reverse? The car was still powered on when I left it and the GPS map was showing.

Fortunately the EMT were nearby and came within a few minutes and got me out of the car after cutting the airbag away when I opened the door. I was taken to a nearby emergency room because I had some neck discomfort at the time. After about 2 hours, bruising and soreness on my left side developed and then got worse which lasted about a week. After tests and observation, I was released from the ER after 7 hours.

The Insurance company considers the vehicle a total loss based on the claim I submitted and their inspection. The car was towed to Central Towing in Fremont and they later told me the car was not operable. I felt great sadness in what had become of a great machine as I signed it over to the insurance company.

I will get a replacement 2023 Mach-E Premium next week.

There are traffic logs here: CHP Traffic Incidents on I-880 https://ca-17.com/today/I-880 Mach-E crash Photos at Central Towing.jpg
How horrible and scary! Glad you're okay. I literally just brought home my new baby from the dealership and I have to say that the silver lining is you get a new one. I guess I'm star struck by the Mach E at the moment....I got into an argument with my mom just the other day, who said she wants me in a heavy and safe vehicle (I traded in my Honda HRV LOL) I will copy this post and send to her.

Cheers to your health and your future Mach E!

Mnath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Friday afternoon Sept 8th I was driving home from Fremont CA north on I880 near the Stevenson Blvd exit Hayward CA in the 2nd from left lane at 60 mph in traffic. I was hit on the rear driver side of my car by a light truck fleeing the police in pursuit after what I was told was a robbery. The fleeing driver was trying to switch lanes when I was hit. I did not hear any sirens nor did not see them coming. The other vehicle crashed off the other side of the highway and the driver was captured by the police trying to flee on foot. The CHP officer said they had the whole incident on video and photographed my car.

After my 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium was hit, the car was spun around and the vehicle moving backwards hit the center divider wall on the passengerā€™s rear side. On impact the side airbags inflated, but the steering wheel airbag didnā€™t. Although I heard the side airbags go off, I didnā€™t feel much of a jolt when the car slammed into the center divide, but it did hit at a glancing angle and the car was still moving backwards. Perhaps the rear structure absorbed the energy? The seat and seatbelts kept me very securely in place. I sensed I was okay although obviously quite shaken. I am very grateful at how well the Mach-E protected me.

The vehicle did not stop on its own going backwards and I applied the brakes to stop. The car was either freewheeling backward or had shifted into reverse? The car was still powered on when I left it and the GPS map was showing.

Fortunately the EMT were nearby and came within a few minutes and got me out of the car after cutting the airbag away when I opened the door. I was taken to a nearby emergency room because I had some neck discomfort at the time. After about 2 hours, bruising and soreness on my left side developed and then got worse which lasted about a week. After tests and observation, I was released from the ER after 7 hours.

The Insurance company considers the vehicle a total loss based on the claim I submitted and their inspection. The car was towed to Central Towing in Fremont and they later told me the car was not operable. I felt great sadness in what had become of a great machine as I signed it over to the insurance company.

I will get a replacement 2023 Mach-E Premium next week.

There are traffic logs here: CHP Traffic Incidents on I-880 https://ca-17.com/today/I-880 Mach-E crash Photos at Central Towing.jpg
because this happened in alameda county this guy is certainly back on the streets and will very likely face no penalties.

i'm glad the insurance company is going to make you whole and that there's plenty of inventory so that you can get a new MME quickly.
I'm in Alameda county too, and with our DA Pamela Price, the guy could be fleeing police again as early as tomorrow....

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
I'm in Alameda county too, and with our DA Pamela Price, the guy could be fleeing police again as early as tomorrow....
right, that's what i was driving at. i really should have been more constructive with my original comment. i think most people in most places figure that "the cops got him" means that the guy is going to face justice, and that's the end of the story. happy ending. but i don't think that's the case anymore here in AC.

in a properly functioning society, the victim of a crime really doesn't have to do anything to make sure justice is done. but at this time, in this place, if OP is interested in keeping this guy off the street, he's going to have to advocate for himself - get the police report numbers for this incident and contact the DA's office to ask what is happening/what is going to happen, and keep the pressure on.

it is 100% ridiculous that a victim of a crime would have to do all that legwork, but here we are.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I appreciate the story being shared with us. I've seen a few like this, unfortunately, but it gives me a lot of confidence as I shuttle myself and my children around. And I'm glad that the supply issues have been largely sorted so that you could get another one so quickly. It took me a year's wait from ordering to pickup to get mine, and I was so nervous on the roads, thinking that if someone hit me I wouldn't be able to get another one. If something like this were to happen to me, I'd also get another Mach-E. It's a great car.

in a properly functioning society, the victim of a crime really doesn't have to do anything to make sure justice is done. but at this time, in this place, if OP is interested in keeping this guy off the street, he's going to have to advocate for himself - get the police report numbers for this incident and contact the DA's office to ask what is happening/what is going to happen, and keep the pressure on.

it is 100% ridiculous that a victim of a crime would have to do all that legwork, but here we are.
In a properly functioning society, we would focus less on punishment (which is understandable but is also very much "an eye for an eye"-style thinking) and more on crime reduction - that is, recidivism. Last I checked the statistics a few years ago, the USA - which imprisons the greatest percentage of our population compared with other first-world countries - also has some of the highest recidivism rates (people go to jail and then come out to commit more crimes). Go figure, you lock someone away for a few months to a few years, and what you're really doing is disconnecting them from their job, their friends, and their family. Seems kind of silly to expect that someone will come out of prison, fully disconnected, and automatically be a productive, functioning member of society. Sure, my inner sense of justice is perturbed by the idea that someone could commit crimes and essentially go to a jobs-training and counseling program, but I can't argue with results... and ultimately, I'd rather have less crime overall than just punish people over and over.

That's not to say that there aren't people who are truly "evil" (due to circumstances, beyond help), but that does not seem to be the majority - according to the data, anyway.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
First and foremost, it is great to hear you walked away from this and are ok. Wow, I heard about this on the news. It is always someone else and just a story. This is the first time I have heard about a news story and it connects to someone that, in a sense, we can talk to and know. Thanks for sharing your story and making this real.

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 - Limited Edition Iced White
Occupation
Technical
Country flag

You know, the guy's been through a lot. Why did you pile on? Poorly done.

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 - Limited Edition Iced White
Occupation
Technical
Country flag
right, that's what i was driving at. i really should have been more constructive with my original comment. i think most people in most places figure that "the cops got him" means that the guy is going to face justice, and that's the end of the story. happy ending. but i don't think that's the case anymore here in AC.

You know, you have proven to me that I don't wish to see your comments. Thank goodness that there is an ignore button.

OP
OP
bbachrac

bbachrac

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E Premium Nite Pony 2023
Occupation
NA
Country flag
Are you replacing with another MME? Or are you considering something else?
I now have a 2023 Mach-E Premium with Nite Pony trim which looks similar to the destroyed 2022 Mach-E Premium I had. The 2023 Blue Cruise is working for me without constant alerts. I do find the Mach-E bong sound notifications quite annoying, but I haven't found how to modify. If one starts the car before putting on the seat belt it goes off. Most cars delay the notification and are not so annoying. If one opens the door with the car on it goes off.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I now have a 2023 Mach-E Premium with Nite Pony trim which looks similar to the destroyed 2022 Mach-E Premium I had. The 2023 Blue Cruise is working for me without constant alerts. I do find the Mach-E bong sound notifications quite annoying, but I haven't found how to modify. If one starts the car before putting on the seat belt it goes off. Most cars delay the notification and are not so annoying. If one opens the door with the car on it goes off.
Congrats on the '23!!! Hopefully, you can go into the menu and figure out how to turn off some of the notifications.

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There was a thread about turning off the seat belt sound. Glad your good but I agree with the revolving criminal door comments. Just as bad in Canada now too, the new reality under Glorious Leader.
Sponsored