A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
That really sucks. Insurance regulations vary by state, particularly with respect to diminished value, but in the vast majority of states, insurance will only pay out diminished value to the other driver if you're at fault. Your insurance won't pay you for diminished value, whether you're at fault or another driver is. You'll only get it if someone else is responsible and their insurance accepts responsibility.

On the bright side, that should almost certainly be classified as a minor accident and shouldn't impact your resale value much.
Sponsored

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
I've seen these posts but never thought I would be the one posting. Was rear ended, or more accurately clipped, today with my 3 month old. Some POS lowered rice rocket took off and I wasn't about to chase him with my son in the car, but we all know how fast I would have caught up. Impact wasn't too bad, my son didn't even wake up. So no injuries which is great.

Damage isn't too bad. Broken reflector, paint that hopefully can be buffed out but maybe needs painting, and wheel damaged. No dents which is good. I'm most worried about the wheel since they only made these for 1 year and not many people even got this trim level. I'm told the body shop will try to repair the wheel before replacing. There's a good chunk taken out so I'm hoping a new one will be purchased. Doubt they can find this wheel used.

Working with insurance on getting the car seat replaced (CA State Law), but they don't seem to be doing anything about a diminishing value claim. Any advice would be appreciated, at 34 years old this is my first accident.

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg
This is a hindsight 2020. Dash cam. Fairly inexpensive and cheap insurance.

Viofo makes a good dual cam option

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Ironically, the car has 4 cameras and Ford didn't think of making them recording video while driving. That's not a rocket science to implement that, and I'm sure everybody would be happy to pay extra $50-100 for that functionality.

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Uh, based on the Photo, I think this is the instance where one actually can say it will buff right out. I probably would not have involved insurance due to the deductible and risk of premium increase and possible Carfax accident record.

jason330i

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD
Country flag
I sure wish I had a camera now so that guy didn't get away with it.
Thanks sucks dude. All my cars have dashcams now.
We like Thinkware and Blackvue. IMO, 2 channels is a must. ODB power plug available if you don't want to hardwire (if not using parking mode).
👍

Last edited:

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
You lost me at “rice rocket”.
I've seen these posts but never thought I would be the one posting. Was rear ended, or more accurately clipped, today with my 3 month old. Some POS lowered rice rocket took off and I wasn't about to chase him with my son in the car, but we all know how fast I would have caught up. Impact wasn't too bad, my son didn't even wake up. So no injuries which is great.

Damage isn't too bad. Broken reflector, paint that hopefully can be buffed out but maybe needs painting, and wheel damaged. No dents which is good. I'm most worried about the wheel since they only made these for 1 year and not many people even got this trim level. I'm told the body shop will try to repair the wheel before replacing. There's a good chunk taken out so I'm hoping a new one will be purchased. Doubt they can find this wheel used.

Working with insurance on getting the car seat replaced (CA State Law), but they don't seem to be doing anything about a diminishing value claim. Any advice would be appreciated, at 34 years old this is my first accident.

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

Schwartzcynthia

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I had someone hit the back of my car when I was loaning it to a family member. They were in the grocery store and the car was a bit dirty at the time and they didn't notice until it was washed 2 weeks later. I still have yet to repair the paint damage on back bumper. What happened to the days when good people would leave notes on the windshield saying sorry I bumped your car and let me know what it cost to fix it...

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" - Rapid Red Mach E AWD EXTD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I will never own another car without one. Both front and rear. I'm looking at one that has front/rear and inside (which could give you some side/side views).

Too many people don't have insurance and some extra eyes can't hurt.
Same here in the UK - arseholes bang into you and run☹I had Nextbase front and rear dash cams hardwired in by my Ford dealer. Viewing the footage after a near miss incident with a huge lorry undertaking me on a roundabout and nearly taking my rear off made me realise what a good investment it was.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
..... I went for a walk after the first, returned later after having breakfast and it was hit again.
That sucks! I would be so damn mad. :mad: On a humorous note.... maybe they wanted to come back and ensure that they did a really good job of hitting your car, since the first one was not bad enough. ;) Got to give them credit for being professional a-holes.

Proeagles

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your car, thank goodness no one was injured. Regarding the wheel, you might be surprised by a good wheel repair shop. They can do wonders on alloy wheels. I've had several fixed to the point you couldn't find the repair.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
That California requirement to replace a carseat, in this situation, is a great example of what @mkhuffman always crows about - government overreach. I get the intent, but that's a fender bender.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
That California requirement to replace a carseat, in this situation, is a great example of what @mkhuffman always crows about - government overreach. I get the intent, but that's a fender bender.
Agreed!

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg
That can be buffed out.........or totaled. Hard to tell.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Where do you draw the line? It’s a $150 rounding error.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Where do you draw the line? It’s a $150 rounding error.
It's not a rounding error of you need that $150 to buy food for your baby.
Sponsored