SSman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3
Country flag
This Reservations Quick Guide has some useful dates/info:
  • First Edition reservations will be honored until July 31st.
  • Non-special edition reservations will be honored until December 31st.
  • You can changes dealers before ordering (except First Edition)
  • You can't change from standard trim to a First Edition
  • If you want to change from a standard trim to a GT you need to cancel your reservation and create a new one.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Reservations Quick Guide - Customer Journey Mach-E-Reservations-QuickGuide
Sponsored

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Customer wants to change from a standard trim to a First Edition
  • This option not available at this time.
Wonder if that phrasing is intentional . . . maybe later in the process? Once they get all the cancellations? One can ponder.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Customer wants to change from a standard trim to a First Edition
  • This option not available at this time.
Wonder if that phrasing is intentional . . . maybe later in the process? Once they get all the cancellations? One can ponder.
There is conflicting information on that. Another guide document says this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Reservations Quick Guide - Customer Journey 1593194448222

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
I was also told something completely different regarding upgrading to a GT from a standard model DIRECTLY from Mach-E marketing team. They said that when the order banks open, we will be able to select the model we want, including GT but excluding FE, right on that page. This was only a couple days ago.

Is this post directly from Ford?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was also told something completely different regarding upgrading to a GT from a standard model DIRECTLY from Mach-E marketing team. They said that when the order banks open, we will be able to select the model we want, including GT but excluding FE, right on that page. This was only a couple days ago.

Is this post directly from Ford?
That document in post #1 is legit. There are a couple different versions of it, but that one is real. This is the first page, there is a second page to that document that lays out the dealer journey, how to accept/reject orders and contact info and such.... not relevant to us customers.

But the document says BEFORE the GT order bank opens. If you want to switch to a GT from a non-GT you need to wait until the GT ordering starts.

Last edited:

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
This Reservations Quick Guide has some useful dates/info:
  • First Edition reservations will be honored until July 31st.
  • Non-special edition reservations will be honored until December 31st.
  • You can changes dealers before ordering (except First Edition)
  • You can't change from standard trim to a First Edition
  • If you want to change from a standard trim to a GT you need to cancel your reservation and create a new one.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Reservations Quick Guide - Customer Journey MachEGT.PNG
"Customer can cancel their reservation and place a retail order with the new dealer"? Does that mean we are unable to change dealers when we convert from reservation to order without losing our place in line?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"Customer can cancel their reservation and place a retail order with the new dealer"? Does that mean we are unable to change dealers when we convert from reservation to order without losing our place in line?
There is another way to change dealers, call the help desk and they can switch you before you start your order. So you won't lose your reservation time stamp.

What the document is saying is one way, but you would lose your place in line if you cancel and put in a new reservation. Call the help desk.

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME FE, 21 MME GTPE, 23 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
Country flag
My question is: So is there or isn't there a way to switch from my FE reservation to a GT without losing my timestamp? This is more confusing than it needs to be. I thought I would be able to login and say I'd like a GT now please instead.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
It says if customers want to change dealers BEFORE ordering then that is the case.
The way I am interpreting that is that you can change the dealer during the order process without affecting the reservation, by first clicking make changes to vehicle once the order process opens. I hope that is the case.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
Can you explain how you got this done?
I made another reservation on top of my Premium reservation. I'm a little irritated I keep hearing different things. When I'm able to place my order with my Premium and, if it lets me upgrade to the GT, I will do so and cancel the GT reservation I just placed.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I just called Ford, they said they could submit my request to change dealers, and that it would not cause me to lose my place in line. They said it could take up to 5 business days for that change to be seen. They said that if the change was not yet seen at the time that I am able to move to order phase, to call them at that time.
Sponsored