First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select (Build week 9/26/22)
Country flag
@devmach-e
I like your comparison as my wife's car is a Prius.
The longest road trip we will be taking is to disney which is 173 miles door to door and we already usually make a stop at one of the rest areas each way already - so I figured we'd just plugin while we are there.

It's also amazing what 4 months of waiting will do to perspective.
As mentioned whichever EV I end up with it is a replacing a Honda Accord - which gets 30-50 miles per day.

When I started looking at EVs back in March/April as I knew it was going to be a wait to get one....
I knew I didn't want the leaf / smaller VW as I wanted something with more than 100 mile range. I wasn't looking for a specific brand / style. I also wasn't factoring the tax rebate into the looking at this.

I was turned off by the Chevy at the time due to the battery issues being reported - at the time the HVBJB issues weren't being reported on the MME yet.

Doing the same search today just based on price if the cars were on the lot I would say I would go with the Chevy - but based on range / value it would be a tossup.

Chevy Bolt EUV Premier - No "self drive" / No Sunroof vs
Ford Mustang Mach-E Select AWD SR - No Tech Package

Based on these 2 two while there are difference like FWD vs RWD and width/length other features do make it as close a comparison as I can get.

The Chevy dealer is calling me back today to let me know when the system might even accept the order. Apparently their system works in a way where they can submit the order - but until the dealer has allocation the system won't even start processing the order.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
@devmach-e
I like your comparison as my wife's car is a Prius.
The longest road trip we will be taking is to disney which is 173 miles door to door and we already usually make a stop at one of the rest areas each way already - so I figured we'd just plugin while we are there.

It's also amazing what 4 months of waiting will do to perspective.
As mentioned whichever EV I end up with it is a replacing a Honda Accord - which gets 30-50 miles per day.

When I started looking at EVs back in March/April as I knew it was going to be a wait to get one....
I knew I didn't want the leaf / smaller VW as I wanted something with more than 100 mile range. I wasn't looking for a specific brand / style. I also wasn't factoring the tax rebate into the looking at this.

I was turned off by the Chevy at the time due to the battery issues being reported - at the time the HVBJB issues weren't being reported on the MME yet.

Doing the same search today just based on price if the cars were on the lot I would say I would go with the Chevy - but based on range / value it would be a tossup.

Chevy Bolt EUV Premier - No "self drive" / No Sunroof vs
Ford Mustang Mach-E Select AWD SR - No Tech Package

Based on these 2 two while there are difference like FWD vs RWD and width/length other features do make it as close a comparison as I can get.

The Chevy dealer is calling me back today to let me know when the system might even accept the order. Apparently their system works in a way where they can submit the order - but until the dealer has allocation the system won't even start processing the order.
Just keep in mind that that 1 stop on each leg of the trip is going to be 1hr plus in the Bolt.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
With the new “bill” that just passed, another $7500 federal rebate on the EUV bought after 1/1/23 makes it quite attractive, even if not equal to a MME.

PilotMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Moke, FRS, Prius, FJR, 1966 Shelby Mustang
Country flag
2 things I would consider.
1) You'll never be able to use the word FRUNK with the Bolt.
2) just spoke with a friend on mine yesterday that was waiting on his new truck (not EV) as his lease ran out. So he faced a two or three month issue without a 2nd car which was not acceptable. then he compared the buyout cost on the leased vehicle and the current resale value. Big difference in his case. He bought out the lease and then sold it to Carmax for $7,000 more than the lease buy out two days before he picked up his new truck.
You should at least do the math on your leased vehicle to see if this would be to your advantage.

And you can always talk about someone elses FRUNK.

OP
OP

PL281

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select (Build week 9/26/22)
Country flag
@PilotMark
1) Yes I know - although I wonder how much I would actually use it
2) That is something that is in the mix as I'm in the same position with my Accord - just the pain of the paperwork
Sponsored