jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
Jenn, my MME is scheduled for production the same week as yours and the VIN is also a 2021 model. The bigger question is when we will actually receive our cars? ?
Yes, I am going to place another order for a '22. I don't think I want a '21 in late December, which is what it looks to be from others who have listed their order>delivery dates
Sponsored

WWJPD

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Dang it. I just checked the Ford site and my GTPE production week just got pushed out yet another week to 9/27. Feels like I should change it up to a 22 model, but I'm letting it ride for now.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I can't imagine how long 22 models will take to ship and deliver in the scheme of things.

Last edited:

ChrisSJR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Space White RWD ER (Spark-E), 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can't imagine the 22 models will be much different than a 21. Since I keep cars for a long time it won't matter to me, but I sure would like to get it by the end of the year!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Ford may not be scheduling production of Mach-Es but they sure are re-scheduling Mach-Es. I’m seeing notes in other threads of people having their production weeks delayed. Mine already got delayed a few weeks back. Hoping it doesn’t get delayed again.

WWJPD

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
At this point, there is a VERY real chance my GTPE with the summer tires that was ordered in April could be delivered with snow on the ground. I may be migrating to the "grumpy" thread.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
At this point, there is a VERY real chance my GTPE with the summer tires that was ordered in April could be delivered with snow on the ground. I may be migrating to the "grumpy" thread.
Believe I am in the same boat - if I take the 6 weeks of delay into account I probably won't see my car until mid to late November. I'm a in-prod the week of 8/30. I'm personally debating ordering some all-season or winter tires and just having them at the dealership shop waiting for the car to show up. Maybe make some kind of deal to have them put on there the day of pickup. Don't feel like getting a new car in under 45 degree weather and not being able to step on the pedal.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yeah, my GT-PE will be most likely delivered in a decidedly non-summer season.

dennsity

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium 4XE (on order)
Country flag
Amazes me that the greatest country on the face of the earth cant produce their own computer chips for vehicles but relies on other countries
It’s not that we can’t, or even that we don’t. Competition and the consumer’s relentless demand for low cost have driven supply chains to ever cheaper sources and just-in-time production. The commodity chips we’re talking about haven’t made sense, from a business perspective, to manufacture in the US, and somehow businesses don’t make decisions for the public good.

It sucks now (my Premium AWD ER has been built since the end of July, apparently), but on the other hand we’ve enjoyed decades of cheap electronics…

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Amazes me that the greatest country on the face of the earth cant produce their own computer chips for vehicles but relies on other countries
Indeed. Regrettably, that country is a lot less great than it was a couple of years ago.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Here where I live in Colorado it snowed heavy on 9/7/2020. The only month that we have not seen snow is August. Tire Rack is your friend if you can get it home on summer slicks. In 2000 I had a complete rebuild of my left shoulder and drove a stickshift on summer slicks one armed that year. Not going to try that one again.

I remember my boss came out to our customer and I drove to lunch. He came back with a headset for my phone. Based on what Tom said, I was steering, shifting, drinking coffee, dialing & talking on the phone, scratching my privates and letting my friends on the road know they were number 1 with a special hand sign all with one arm.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
May 3rd here and not a word !
May cancel and order a 2022 rather then getting alst years new car !
Sponsored