Mach E's performance...

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
I am highly anticipating this Mach E for many reasons. I've been finding myself restless at night thinking of where Ford is taking this Mustang "inspired" electric vehicle. What kind of road handling performance will this "sporting-brake" design have. What kind of a statement is Ford trying to make..?

This is a new community and there are many different ideas on where Ford might take this, but I am not so much concerned about those other aspects of Utility, miles per charge, etc.

I am wanting to discuss what this will do around a track/nurb, etc. How well will this handle?

The following is what prompted this thread.

ELECTRIC. AND UNTAMED.
NOVEMBER 17, 2019
The Mustang-Inspired All-Electric SUV is coming soon. Be one of the first to see it. November 17, 2019

A page and a half down on that^ link, are 3 videos. "Electric Exhilaration" is the one perked/whet my appetite.
https://www.ford.com/powertrains/ba...content/overlays/electric-exhilaration-video/

I've been to Grattan Raceway and that EV prototype is tearing it up!

Will the Mach E be able to outhandling the Mustang GT..? It will certainly have a lower center of gravity, etc.

Discuss...

Last edited:

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
It will probably beat the Mustang GT in a drag race with quarter mile time for a performance version coming in at around 11.8 seconds. Even quicker times are obtainable I'm sure.

Yes, it has a lower center of gravity but it will be heavy. Still, the equally heavy Tesla Model 3 LR AWD Performance version has a lateral acceleration spec of 0.95g. So good handling is doable.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
In a strait line the Mach E could beat Mustang but in cornering the Mustang would prevail especially if The Mustang has MagneRide

OP
OP

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
In a strait line the Mach E could beat Mustang but in cornering the Mustang would prevail especially if The Mustang has MagneRide
Why won't the Mach E, have magneride..? Did you watch the video..?

I think we all realize the mach-e can out accelerate a non-ev vehicle, but I am still wondering how athletic and agile it will be. The gt500 has more weight and handles... and the EV weight will sit lowewrs than the GT500.... and will most likely out accelerate it.

I am wondering (see OP) about it's ability to handle a road coarse & brake, etc.

BadaBing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang & Explorer
Country flag
I am wondering (see OP) about it's ability to handle a road coarse & brake, etc.
Me too, especially since it's actually been track tested during development. Hopefully, they tuned this thing to have an extremely sporty driving experience. Maybe even multiple modes covering everything from comfort to sport.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Why won't the Mach E, have magneride..? Did you watch the video..?

I think we all realize the mach-e can out accelerate a non-ev vehicle, but I am still wondering how athletic and agile it will be. The gt500 has more weight and handles... and the EV weight will sit lowewrs than the GT500.... and will most likely out accelerate it.

I think the Mach E will have multiple driving modes and will probably have magneride as a extra cost item but I'm really not interested in a $ 60.000 EV to track I have my Mustang to do that if I want.
Sponsored