Mad enough to eat nails!

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I spoke to Ford, I’m stuck with this dealer. Lady at Ford was great, but I got the feeling there wasn’t much she could do to help me. Still waiting for the GM to call me. I hate to go to AG without trying to work it out with dealer first. It can’t be legal to force people into this program. I may talk to an attorney as well. This just doesn’t sit right with me.
Ford is pretty powerless. I think there was one story where Ford was able to do something but in general the response always seems to be the same: it's between you and the dealer. It's a shame, too, because Ford seems to have some really responsive and nice (or at least, nice and genuine-sounding) people on their customer service lines.

It may be different now that the ordering banks are closed, but Ford had originally indicated that shifting between dealers was possible... but required your dealer to cooperate. I'm reading between the lines on this one but it sounds like your dealer would need to cancel your order, the new dealer would place a new order, and that new order would be linked to your online reservation number (which Ford calls an order number - but it's really not; order numbers are tied to dealers and are four digits long. Ask a Ford representative for scheduling details on your order and even they can't use the "order number" listed online). If your dealer refuses to do anything then you're out of luck, and with the order banks being closed, it's possible all orders are locked.

In theory you could still bargain by threatening to cancel your order, but even that one is fraught with peril. Even before the order banks closed and made it less certain if orders could be truly canceled, canceling your order doesn't mean the dealer loses it. There have been plenty of cases where people canceled their orders, only to see that the dealer changed the order later and still received a car in their name (which they then sold with markup as a car on the lot). And why wouldn't the dealer? It seems Ford allows dealerships to order a certain number of vehicles themselves, and the rest need to come from customer requests. Your request allows them to get another vehicle for their inventory - why would they give that up? You could probably get them to truly cancel it if you put up a big enough stink, but that's time and effort on your part. And the bigger point is, you're not really trying not to get this car; threatening to cancel is a move to try and force the dealer to get in line with your terms. There's just too much of a risk that it would turn into a game of chicken that the dealer thinks they won't lose, and that you'd need to actively work to make sure they do.

If you do speak with an attorney, let us know what they say...
Sponsored

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Ford is pretty powerless. I think there was one story where Ford was able to do something but in general the response always seems to be the same: it's between you and the dealer. It's a shame, too, because Ford seems to have some really responsive and nice (or at least, nice and genuine-sounding) people on their customer service lines.

It may be different now that the ordering banks are closed, but Ford had originally indicated that shifting between dealers was possible... but required your dealer to cooperate. I'm reading between the lines on this one but it sounds like your dealer would need to cancel your order, the new dealer would place a new order, and that new order would be linked to your online reservation number (which Ford calls an order number - but it's really not; order numbers are tied to dealers and are four digits long. Ask a Ford representative for scheduling details on your order and even they can't use the "order number" listed online). If your dealer refuses to do anything then you're out of luck, and with the order banks being closed, it's possible all orders are locked.

In theory you could still bargain by threatening to cancel your order, but even that one is fraught with peril. Even before the order banks closed and made it less certain if orders could be truly canceled, canceling your order doesn't mean the dealer loses it. There have been plenty of cases where people canceled their orders, only to see that the dealer changed the order later and still received a car in their name (which they then sold with markup as a car on the lot). And why wouldn't the dealer? It seems Ford allows dealerships to order a certain number of vehicles themselves, and the rest need to come from customer requests. Your request allows them to get another vehicle for their inventory - why would they give that up? You could probably get them to truly cancel it if you put up a big enough stink, but that's time and effort on your part. And the bigger point is, you're not really trying not to get this car; threatening to cancel is a move to try and force the dealer to get in line with your terms. There's just too much of a risk that it would turn into a game of chicken that the dealer thinks they won't lose, and that you'd need to actively work to make sure they do.

If you do speak with an attorney, let us know what they say...
I’ve asked them to send me the contract so I could review it. I haven’t gotten a response yet. Normally my salesman responds in less than 5 minutes. What is the hold up? I sent this email yesterday afternoon. I want to see who underwrites this program. There has got to be a loophole. My aunt is a lawyer, agreed to ask for the contract.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
5/3
No response regarding contract. I emailed my salesman yesterday to set up a meeting with the GM. Reply…send me your phone number.🙄 My phone has not rung. I will give them until Thursday, if no response, then I’m taking my happy ass up there.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
My salesman emailed me a few minutes ago. Getting with his GM in the morning. I will pass judgment tomorrow. I shouldn’t be forced into a program I don’t need. It’s principle for me. I asked on day one. $900 is $900. I really like my salesman, I’m willing to compromise.
My dealer has a 799$ fee. But he figured the x plan and price protection. Subtracted the 799 and that was the number on sale. So basically it was an accounting line. Cause the top line on my offer was 799 less than it should have been If that makes sense

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
My dealer has a 799$ fee. But he figured the x plan and price protection. Subtracted the 799 and that was the number on sale. So basically it was an accounting line. Cause the top line on my offer was 799 less than it should have been If that makes sense
So you saved $799? But really didn’t?

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
5/4/22
Haven’t heard a peep from GM or reply regarding written legal contract for this advantage program. I will send another email in the morning. Not sure if I should start complaining on Yelp or Google until I have the car. I do have a copy of buyer’s order. This is such a PITA.

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
You’re not forced to buy the car, so that may be a dead end.

Every insurance/protection program I’ve seen like this can be cancelled and prorated back to you. It’s likely in the fine print.

Probably less hassle to cancel it than to fight it.
5/5/22
@ripperAZ and @Mach1E
I need to buy both of you a big juicy steak.
I ran by the dealership today. Picked up the contract.
I have the 1st 30 days to cancel this. I called the company that is the contract administrator as well to confirm what I read in the contract was correct. Verified ability to cancel. I will be bringing written notice of cancellation on delivery day!! Ha! Take that! Thank you guys.❤ I will have the last laugh.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
@ripperAZ and @Mach1E

You go girl So glad it worked out

Now about that steak my favorite steak is the hanger steak at Mustards Grill on the 29 Between Oakville and Yountville in the wine country. You won’t be disappointed give me a date and I’ll meet you there bring your MachE
Jes sayin 🍷🥩

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
@ripperAZ and @Mach1E

You go girl So glad it worked out

Now about that steak my favorite steak is the hanger steak at Mustards Grill on the 29 Between Oakville and Yountville in the wine country. You won’t be disappointed give me a date and I’ll meet you there bring your MachE
Jes sayin 🍷🥩
I'm 20 mins away from there but never had steak there.... thx i'll check it out
Sponsored