Massachusetts EV Rebate?

grofles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
I don't know how many MA residents opted for the CA Rt 1 package, so you may be in the minority here. Did you order it that way, or you found a dealer with one on the lot?
I still haven't ordered, actually - this point is kind of a big factor for me deciding to pull the trigger or not, as it's a full 5% swing on my final purchase price. (Otherwise I'd probably just go all the way for the Premium ER, or wait for something like the Ioniq 5 that might come out under $50K with the long-range package).

According to MOR-EV people, many dealers are setting the price at 49,999 for customers to allow eligibility.
That's all I'm asking a dealer to do - work out a way so that my ā€œAgreed Upon Valueā€ or "Total Cash Price" (the MOR-EV language here) is listed as $49,999.99 or less, even if they then jack it up to $51K on dest. fees and so on. It seems kind of surprising to me that no one else has asked for this on the CA Rt 1, but maybe New Englanders are generally so gung ho about AWD and/or heated seats that there just aren't a lot of CA Rt 1s in rotation.

Seems like an annoyingly missed opportunity for Ford to not have some sort of $49,999 "MA Rt 1" configuration (say, long range, no glass roof, but yes heated seats? and maybe the charger or floor mats come "extra" to make up a few bucks in non-vehicle add-ons?), especially given how few states have these kinds of incentive programs, but I guess they're not exactly hurting for sales right now anyways (relative to their capacity to build Mach Es).
Sponsored

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
The fact that the representative told me dealers were selling for $1 under 50K cap tells me that it may not be the MSRP. They did mention there is a ton of money stull left in the program, so maybe they changed things. Looks like your final price exceeds that, so moot point for you. I'd recommend others to call MOR-EV office as their explanation seems to differ from what is written here. Probably one of the main factors I boought one off the lot and Select trim as I did not need any of the technology package or extended battery, few requirements for our use case. The 1/2 year wait in ordering and excellent dealer incentive were major contributing factors.

Lots of technology and financial incentive education is needed to get into this EV space. There are big differences in vehicle purchasing and use. Pays to do your homework.
Yes, thereā€™s lots of ambiguity in the program. Thereā€™s also a requirement that you keep the car, and keep it registered in Massachusetts, for three years. There doesnā€™t seem to be any monitoring or enforcement mechanism though.

From an objective viewpoint, thereā€™s no value in subsidizing a car thatā€™s supply-constrained. Why incentivize people to do something theyā€™re already clamoring to do? And once the government catches on to the loss of gasoline taxes from EVs, theyā€˜re going to stop subsidizing them and start imposing extra fees Instead.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I'm guessing dealers with 2021's on their lot will want to start moving them. You may be able to find a Premium if you look hard enough. Most are stocked with Select version (comfort package gets heated seats/steering wheel). For about $36K after all was said and done, I figured that was a great price to get into a MME immediately. Ford Option sealed the deal. I did not care about technology package or any of the self driving stuff. By the time it gets to level 5, I'll already be in another one. Actually would only really want a self/valet parking option and any safety ehnacements.

Anyhow, heading out to Springfield area on my 1st long drive with MME this weekend. Original dealer test drive for me was outh there and I will see what thay have on the lot and report. This dealer and one in RI had units on the lot and did not have upcharge as many in my immediate are did.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, thereā€™s lots of ambiguity in the program. Thereā€™s also a requirement that you keep the car, and keep it registered in Massachusetts, for three years. There doesnā€™t seem to be any monitoring or enforcement mechanism though.

From an objective viewpoint, thereā€™s no value in subsidizing a car thatā€™s supply-constrained. Why incentivize people to do something theyā€™re already clamoring to do? And once the government catches on to the loss of gasoline taxes from EVs, theyā€˜re going to stop subsidizing them and start imposing extra fees Instead.
Yes, forgot about the 36 month ownership. Likely not an issue as I am in on the Ford Option for 4 years and my last optional payment is 18K. We were thinking about keeping for 3 years minimum. Pretty sure we can sell it at anytime on Ford Option, but yes MOR-EV says 36 month ownership required...not sure how they recoup rebate from you if you sell it beforehand.

MetrowestZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California AWD
Country flag
I looked through this thread and couldn't didn't see the answer to this angle which is say the price as configured is 58k (obviously above the MOR-EV limit) but what if I trade in a car to them for 9k then does it count as being sold for 49k? It seems to work that way for Sales Tax but not sure about MOR-EV. Also, to an earlier question, has any MA dealer accepted X-Plan for a future order?

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I looked through this thread and couldn't didn't see the answer to this angle which is say the price as configured is 58k (obviously above the MOR-EV limit) but what if I trade in a car to them for 9k then does it count as being sold for 49k? It seems to work that way for Sales Tax but not sure about MOR-EV. Also, to an earlier question, has any MA dealer accepted X-Plan for a future order?
Guessing no as all other parts of the transaction (rebates, taxes, etc) are not applicable. Just a guess, MOR-EV people are pretty responsive if you call/email. I'd recommend going ove details with them before purchase. It really should ba a lot easier...but this is the Gov't, nothing is easy.

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
I had a nice conversation with a knowledgeable person at MOR-EV. She was very familiar with MME, as she has one on order herself.

She confirmed that 1) The federal rebate isnā€™t taken into account, 2) The value of any trade-in isnā€™t taken into account, 3) Model upgrades, larger battery, AWD put the MME out of consideration. 4) the only items they subtract are dealer fees for transportation, documentation, etc.

Bottom line: Buyers like me, who bought at the AWD extended range MSRP of ~$56K, will get nothing from Massachusetts.

SMHart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I had no problem with them taking out the destination charge, I sent them a copy of the window sticker with the original documents but I think they probably have the amounts already. One weird thing was that they require a purchase or lease agreement and my dealer invoice wasn't acceptable.
First time posting, since I generally just stalk and read when I have questions. I just had my application denied and they said my dealer invoice wasn't acceptable. Before I call, Any ideas what could be the issue? I mean, its an invoice. I'm not sure what else to do. I also have a premium, but its AWD and Gray so with the destination fees taken out and since I got it at MSRP it technically is just under the 50k. But the way the invoice reads, I can't even understand where the numbers come from of course... If you take the out the destination fees from their total and the "interior protection" cargo floor liners it does go under the 50k from their odd numbers even. We shall see. Just not sure what else to supply them with if they don't like my invoice.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
First time posting, since I generally just stalk and read when I have questions. I just had my application denied and they said my dealer invoice wasn't acceptable. Before I call, Any ideas what could be the issue? I mean, its an invoice. I'm not sure what else to do. I also have a premium, but its AWD and Gray so with the destination fees taken out and since I got it at MSRP it technically is just under the 50k. But the way the invoice reads, I can't even understand where the numbers come from of course... If you take the out the destination fees from their total and the "interior protection" cargo floor liners it does go under the 50k from their odd numbers even. We shall see. Just not sure what else to supply them with if they don't like my invoice.
Had similar issue as I sent invoice and was asked to supply purchase agreement. They are looking for a standard document "Motor Vehicle Cash Purchase Agreement" or similar. Invoice is officially a bill.

If P&S was not provided to you there is a problem, however, you should be able to get a copy from your dealer. Provided the amount on the P&S is <$50K you should be eligible.

Oh, also, make sure that the P&S is signed.

SMHart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Had similar issue as I sent invoice and was asked to supply purchase agreement. They are looking for a standard document "Motor Vehicle Cash Purchase Agreement" or similar. Invoice is officially a bill.

If P&S was not provided to you there is a problem, however, you should be able to get a copy from your dealer. Provided the amount on the P&S is <$50K you should be eligible.

Oh, also, make sure that the P&S is signed.
Awesome thatā€™s really helpful. Iā€™ll look through when I get home, at work now. We bought it up in Townsend, wherever I could find exactly what I wanted!! But the window sticker has everything detailed out correct so I will include that as others have done too. Thank you!

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Awesome thatā€™s really helpful. Iā€™ll look through when I get home, at work now. We bought it up in Townsend, wherever I could find exactly what I wanted!! But the window sticker has everything detailed out correct so I will include that as others have done too. Thank you!
Have heard stories of dealers selling at $49,999 so buyers could get the MOR-EV rebate. I was able to get a Select from a lot in RI for 3K less than MSRP. So, well un der 50K. Where some dealers were adding 5K, I thing this was a good deal. Minus the MOR-EV and Fed Tax Credit, this makes it a pretty good buy.

Were you able to get a Premium for under 50K?

SMHart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Have heard stories of dealers selling at $49,999 so buyers could get the MOR-EV rebate. I was able to get a Select from a lot in RI for 3K less than MSRP. So, well un der 50K. Where some dealers were adding 5K, I thing this was a good deal. Minus the MOR-EV and Fed Tax Credit, this makes it a pretty good buy.

Were you able to get a Premium for under 50K?
Got at MSRP for 49,940. Just snuck in there. I got it while it was still on order from ford by the dealer over the summer and put a deposit down on the vehicle. So didnā€™t wait too long for it - about 6weeks. Worked out well cause I am too impatient to full out order a vehicle and wait!!

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got at MSRP for 49,940. Just snuck in there. I got it while it was still on order from ford by the dealer over the summer and put a deposit down on the vehicle. So didnā€™t wait too long for it - about 6weeks. Worked out well cause I am too impatient to full out order a vehicle and wait!!
I hear you. Test drove about 7 EV's over summer. Decided on Mach-E. 1/2 year to get delivery from online order, so started to check the lots in the region. Our requirements were only all wheel drive, heated seats and Gray...and something relatively affordable after all was said and done. The Ford Option helped out quite a bit as were planning on leasing, but would not get the financial incentives. The MOR-EV rebate (among others) were instrumental in allowing this purchase to happen. Our MME is a daily driver around town and occasional longer trips. More than happy with it.

PS. Still have yet to see another one on the roads, I may need to take a ride into Boston.

SMHart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I hear you. Test drove about 7 EV's over summer. Decided on Mach-E. 1/2 year to get delivery from online order, so started to check the lots in the region. Our requirements were only all wheel drive, heated seats and Gray...and something relatively affordable after all was said and done. The Ford Option helped out quite a bit as were planning on leasing, but would not get the financial incentives. The MOR-EV rebate (among others) were instrumental in allowing this purchase to happen. Our MME is a daily driver around town and occasional longer trips. More than happy with it.

PS. Still have yet to see another one on the roads, I may need to take a ride into Boston.
We are on the south shore but Georgia goes in and out of the city daily. 5k miles since mid Sept. and my work garage has free charging all day so I enjoy that perk as well.
I actually was at a light on Mass ave one day, pulled up to a gray select, right next to me and then we sat and chatted till the light turned green! ?
Iā€™ve seen one or two others but not too many! None down near me that I know of. Did see a black one charging in my garage one day.
Sponsored