Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022
Occupation
Writer
Country flag
I'm confused on the MA rebate. My Mach E Select, three weeks old, had an MSRP of $48,500. But the dealer added a $5,000 dealer markup. So they told me I wasn't eligible. But the rebate is based on the manufacturer's total price? Is that the $48,500. Or am I ineligible because of the dealer markup?
Sponsored

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
I'm confused on the MA rebate. My Mach E Select, three weeks old, had an MSRP of $48,500. But the dealer added a $5,000 dealer markup. So they told me I wasn't eligible. But the rebate is based on the manufacturer's total price? Is that the $48,500. Or am I ineligible because of the dealer markup?
It is what ison your purchase agreement. MOR-EV will ask for a copy.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure what pisses me off more, the 5K markup or missing the 2500 MOR-EV rebate. This markup has consequences.. and actually cost the buyer $7500!

MOR-EV people told me dealers were writing P+S for $49999 so buyers could get the rebate.

Can't stress enough that research on both the technology and financial incentives are paramount. Dealers need to do a better job at both, until then it is buyer beware.

Last edited:

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
You should really get your rebate from Massachusetts on this one. I don't know if they will give it to you, but you deserve to get it based on how the program is worded.

The website says eligibility is based on manufacturers price, and does not include add-ons. That, to me, means ADM from a dealership would not factor into eligibility.

I was not eligible for mine (Premium ER 4X), so I don't have any experience filing the rebate paperwork. But, good luck.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I would be patient and explain your situation, the dealer markup seems like it shouldnt count. I was first rejected similar to others, 49.8k msrp, but Destination put me over, I went back to them on this and they approved. My friend just bought a Bolt out of state and noticed that site updated in May to say "car must be purchased in Mass" so he was rejected, but then went back to them that he had checked the website before that update (which he had) and that inventory was very limited in Mass so they also ultimately approved him.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"car must be purchased in Mass" would have scared me a bit as i had to go down to Tasca (RI) to find mine back in September. They do have a location in Seekonk, so may be able to process as MA. Last check Tasca was out of MME stock.

Another stipulation was that you have to keep the car for 3 years. I am on the Ford Option and plan to start looking at selling after 36 months... but how would a rebate already paid be handled if I sold the car tomorrow.

RobbyPlymouth

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022
Occupation
Writer
Country flag
I would be patient and explain your situation, the dealer markup seems like it shouldnt count. I was first rejected similar to others, 49.8k msrp, but Destination put me over, I went back to them on this and they approved. My friend just bought a Bolt out of state and noticed that site updated in May to say "car must be purchased in Mass" so he was rejected, but then went back to them that he had checked the website before that update (which he had) and that inventory was very limited in Mass so they also ultimately approved him.
Thanks for the input!

MetrowestZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California AWD
Country flag
And now add to the fun Is the climate bill waiting to be signed. For cars purchased when? Can’t find if it is after he signs it or for all 2022 purchases. Plus add to the fun is if it for all of 2022 then I miss it by 450 dollars thanks to the December price increase thanks hat wasn’t honored.

Increases EV rebates

The current state rebate for a new electric vehicle is $2,500. The new bill increases this amount to $3,500 for new and used vehicles costing $55,000 or less, and throws in an extra $1,000 for residents who trade in a gas powered car or truck. There will also be some incentives for medium and heavy duty zero-emission vehicles.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
More details here, including charging infrastructure in Mass.

I’m especially excited about requiring charging stations at all the MassPike rest areas.

https://www.wbur.org/news/2022/07/22/massachusetts-climate-bill-baker-desk

If passed, the state Department of Transportation will be required to install chargers at all Mass Pike service plazas, five commuter rail stations, five substation stations, and at least one ferry terminal. The department will also need to collect and report data about issues with charging infrastructure.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
And now add to the fun Is the climate bill waiting to be signed. For cars purchased when? Can’t find if it is after he signs it or for all 2022 purchases. Plus add to the fun is if it for all of 2022 then I miss it by 450 dollars thanks to the December price increase thanks hat wasn’t honored.

Increases EV rebates

The current state rebate for a new electric vehicle is $2,500. The new bill increases this amount to $3,500 for new and used vehicles costing $55,000 or less, and throws in an extra $1,000 for residents who trade in a gas powered car or truck. There will also be some incentives for medium and heavy duty zero-emission vehicles.
$55k limit…. Still just a little bit too low for an AWD ER to get you through those cold New England winters! Bummer.

MetrowestZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California AWD
Country flag
$55k limit…. Still just a little bit too low for an AWD ER to get you through those cold New England winters! Bummer.
I swear by dedicated snow tires. Makes my Camry a winter beast.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting that it includes used vehicles as well as new. Kinda adds some selling power to those who will be selling their EV in a few years. 55K is doable, but you would have to shop around and stay away from dealers charging add'l markup. I was able to get a AWD Select for about 45K, right from the lot, but had to travel a bit to get it. That was back in Sept 2021. Not sure if that ship has sailed. I'd also be concerned about Ford hitting the federal tax credit production limit. Between the two incentives, your talking a 12K price reduction if you trade in your old car.

Pony4ever

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD
Country flag
I ordered a 2022 MME Premium AWD, which is scheduled to deliver in next few days. The MSRP on my window sticker is $52,575. My dealer accepts X-plan (~$750 discount) and I am also looking to go for the ford options plan ($2,000 discount).
Couple of questions:
1. Would I be eligible for the $2500 Mass EV rebate with the above discounts?
2. I read about the climate bill 2022, it offers $3500 EV rebate for cars under $55k, also an additional $1000 for gas car trade-in. There's no update on the MOR-EV website. Does anyone know when will this be effective?

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I ordered a 2022 MME Premium AWD, which is scheduled to deliver in next few days. The MSRP on my window sticker is $52,575. My dealer accepts X-plan (~$750 discount) and I am also looking to go for the ford options plan ($2,000 discount).
Couple of questions:
1. Would I be eligible for the $2500 Mass EV rebate with the above discounts?
2. I read about the climate bill 2022, it offers $3500 EV rebate for cars under $55k, also an additional $1000 for gas car trade-in. There's no update on the MOR-EV website. Does anyone know when will this be effective?
Before the climate bill, your purchase will not qualify for the Mass EV $2500. According to the rules on the site, you are not allowed to back out the X-plan or Ford Options cash from the MSRP to get under $50k.

I'm not sure how climate bill changes things, but I think the MOR-EV program was funded using state dollars? I think it was a pot of money, and when it runs out has to be replaced by the state with more money or a new program.
Sponsored