Massachusetts EV Rebate?

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Did you guys get your Mass Excise tax bill from your town yet? Mine just arrived, and they pegged the Premium AWD ER at $56,200 for the calculation. That matches my window sticker exactly.
I wonder if the rebate system is able to tie into the same system that produces the excise calculation. Although the rebate site says the cap doesn't include destination & delivery, which the excise does.

They really should just up the Mass rebate threshold to something like $65k-$75k. Adding premium trim or bigger battery doesn't move an MME purchase into the "Luxury" category, which is what's intended to be excluded by this rebate.
Sponsored

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
I got my approval email today! I ended up re-applying as they didn't respond to my appeal. I'm psyched, I was dreading missing out on the rebate over a couple of bucks.
Nice! Now if I can just get MA to raise the limit a few more dollars

seanmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silver Mach-E Premium AWD Std Range
Country flag
Congrats! I ended up with a silver premium std range to hopefully sneak under at $49700, but I haven't submitted yet. A little worried I'll still need to argue with them, because the dealer purchase invoice I think only shows the $50800 including destination, but we'll see.

dsheib

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD SR, Ducati Multistrada 1200S
Country flag
Congrats! I ended up with a silver premium std range to hopefully sneak under at $49700, but I haven't submitted yet. A little worried I'll still need to argue with them, because the dealer purchase invoice I think only shows the $50800 including destination, but we'll see.
I had no problem with them taking out the destination charge, I sent them a copy of the window sticker with the original documents but I think they probably have the amounts already. One weird thing was that they require a purchase or lease agreement and my dealer invoice wasn't acceptable.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
I'm hoping they raise the cap too.

I haven't purchased yet.

I'm crossing my fingers that the updated federal rebate gets passed and it gets taken off the price at purchase, which would hopefully mean a extended battery AWD would be within the Mass limit.

It's actually very frustrating. I had an order placedlast Aug that I turned down in April when it arrived. At the time, the model Y was $48k and qualified for the mass rebate. But the MME was cheaper after the federal rebate, but it didn't qualify for the state rebate.

I'm holding out hope for an new larger federal rebate by the end of the year.

seanmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just reporting back that I got approved today for my rebate on the Premium AWD Std in Silver. I included in my submission a copy of the window sticker clearly showing the breakdown of $49700 msrp plus $1100 destination+delivery, just in case. Seems to have done the trick.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Per MOR-EV site. Final purchase price under 50K. Final purchase price defined as "Total Cash Value" or "Agreed Upon Value" or similar defined on the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement or MOtor Vehicle Lease Agreement. What value does your agreemet have in the price of unit or total price fields?

Have to have a 36 month lease or own (register) the car for 36 consecutive months also.

seanmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer put $50800 on a line marked "Total Price". Dealer assured me that they would 'know' that it includes $1100 destination, but I included a copy of the window sticker with the submission just to make sure it was well-documented. Seems to have worked, because I got an approval email, though I'm still waiting on my check.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer put $50800 on a line marked "Total Price". Dealer assured me that they would 'know' that it includes $1100 destination, but I included a copy of the window sticker with the submission just to make sure it was well-documented. Seems to have worked, because I got an approval email, though I'm still waiting on my check.
Let us know how ity works out. I have not submitted yet, but my purchase agreement does not have any value above 50K. The invoice however, has quite a bit of figures that include all the extras (doc fee, sales tax, financing, rebates). In my discussion with MOR-EV people, the purchase price of the vehicle and any dealer added/installed items count towards the limit.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'm holding out hope for an new larger federal rebate by the end of the year.
Not going to happen. The discussed change is an additional $2,500 for a US manufacturing plant and $2,500 for a US labor union. The Mach-E is made in Mexico...

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not going to happen. The discussed change is an additional $2,500 for a US manufacturing plant and $2,500 for a US labor union. The Mach-E is made in Mexico...
To be clear, in our conversation, we are referring to the Massachusetts MOR-EV rebate (versus the federal $7500 tax credit). In MA, we get both.

The $2500 additional requiremets re: country of manufacture and assembly are part of a proposed new federal credit/rebate.

Even worse. Most recent non-binding vote on new fed plan also limits income to $100K and $40K vehicle cost passed with flying colors. So get the $7500 while the getting is good.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
To be clear, in our conversation, we are referring to the Massachusetts MOR-EV rebate (versus the federal $7500 tax credit). In MA, we get both.

The $2500 additional requiremets re: country of manufacture and assembly are part of a proposed new federal credit/rebate.

Even worse. Most recent non-binding vote on new fed plan also limits income to $100K and $40K vehicle cost passed with flying colors. So get the $7500 while the getting is good.
He specifically stated he was holding out hope for a larger federal rebate by the end of the year...

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
He specifically stated he was holding out hope for a larger federal rebate by the end of the year...
Oh, sorry. Was focused on thread title. Yes the country of manufacture, assembly will all come into play. Proposed legislation appears to be much more restrictive.

These credits and rebates were one of the primary deciding factors which led me to choose the MME over others.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
I was referring to the federal. There's a chance that NAFTA/MCA would mean Mexican built cars couldn't be treated differently than US built cars.

Yeah, the possible income and price limits would not be good.

I hope they stick to no income or price limit, make it point of sale, and extend it until 50% of all car sales are BEVs. We need people of all income levels to be incentivized to ditch cars that burn fuel and emit carbon.

State-wise, even if the federal rebate was kept at $7.5k, if they made it point of sale, it would help reduce purchase price so that it'd be eligible for Mass MOR-EV.

Nobody knows what's going to happen in Congress. I hope it's good for BEVs.
Sponsored