Massachusetts EV Rebate?

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I am assuming the MME will qualify for the $2,500 MA rebate? However it isn't currently listed on the "Eligible List of vehicles" ( https://mor-ev.org/eligible-vehicles )
Anyone have confirmation one way or the other?
I think the MME will qualify, but only if your model is below $50k MSRP.
I ordered the AWD ER with a sticker price of like $56k, so I assume I won’t qualify.

smart185

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Occupation
retraité
Country flag
Ce matin, 17 janvier 2021, dans le journal de Montréal, il est question de la subvention de $ 8,000.00 offert par le gouvernement provincial.
Comme Tesla s'est plaint de cette subvention et a introduit une Tasla modèle Y avec un mode de traction (au lieu du AWD offert précédemment) et qui se vend sous les $ 60,000.00.
Alors, selon Mme Valérie Savard, représentante du ministère des Énergies et des Ressources Naturelles du Québec, le crédit n'a jamais été applicable sur la version PREMIUM à 4 roues motrices de la Mustang Mach E. La représentante du ministère affirme plutôt qu'il s'agit d'une mauvaise interprétation de la part des gens de Ford.
Elle ajoute qu'elle doit faire ces clarifications et cette décision est «sans appel».
Il y aurait une solution facile pour le constructeur, c'est de diminuer le prix du modèle Premium de $ 2,245.00 afin qu'il soit éligible au crédit gouvernemental.

This morning, in the «Journal de Montréal», the $ 8,000.00 credit from the Provincial government will not be available for the Mustang Mach E Premium AWD. It will only be available on the Select model and the Premium RWD model.
This is the result of a complaint by the Tesla company who will intrduce a 2 wheel drive version of the model Y. The 2 wd model Y will be sold in Quebec at $ 56,290. a $ 20,658 rebate from the model Y AWD, long range battery.
Miss Valérie Savard, from the ministry «Énergies et Ressources Naturelles du Québec», said that it is a misunderstood from Ford who is considering the AWD option as an option compare to a complete different model.
A rebate of $ 2,245 should be an option for Ford to bring the Mustang Mach E Premium AWD version eligible for the credit.

macheauto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
I reached out to MOR-EV and they said that it would be added to the eligible rebate list shortly. Hope this helps. Just remember it must be under $50k to get the rebate.

226ra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium (RWD)
Country flag
I reached out to MOR-EV and they said that it would be added to the eligible rebate list shortly. Hope this helps. Just remember it must be under $50k to get the rebate.
It’s listed now!

swanee28

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E4
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It’s listed now!
It's now listed, but they are having system trouble recognizing the MME VIN codes. Tried today and got an error message. Called them and they responded that they expect this to be fixed mid week next week.

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
It's only for < $50k, right?

So select is probably ok. But premium AWD extended range is not eligible, right?

226ra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium (RWD)
Country flag
It's only for < $50k, right?

So select is probably ok. But premium AWD extended range is not eligible, right?
Correct - under $50K MSRP not including the $1100 delivery charge. I have a Premium standard range RWD on order. There are other combinations possible to keep you under the threshold.

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
Correct - under $50K MSRP not including the $1100 delivery charge. I have a Premium standard range RWD on order. There are other combinations possible to keep you under the threshold.
It’s too bad they don’t kick that threshold up a bit. I was counting on it, now I know better—for worse, though!

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
It's frustrating because (as of a couple months ago) the Model Y LR AWD was $49k and qualified. Yet the MME ER AWD is cheaper after the federal tax credit, but it doesn't qualify.

Email them to complain and suggest a change. I did. [email protected]
Done.

"To Whom it may concern,

Until the price of an EV is equal to that of an ICE (internal combustion engine) vehicle, it would be great if the price threshold to qualify for the $2,500 MA EV rebate were to be raised to accommodate more electric vehicles.

For instance, the price of many EVs quickly rise above $50,000 when long-range battery, metallic paint, and car mats are added. Perhaps if the $7,500 federal rebate were to be subtracted from the MSRP, more EVs would qualify for the MA rebate.

These rebates are in place to encourage Massachusetts residents to purchase clean energy vehicles, yet the $50,000 threshold greatly limits options, given the very short list of EVs that are currently available—all of which cost significantly more than comparable ICE vehicles."

seanmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silver Mach-E Premium AWD Std Range
Country flag
So has anybody been successful in getting the MOR-EV rebate when the window-sticker price is above $50k, but the dealer incentives bring it back below? I'm thinking of the case with a Premium AWD standard range, where the 'base' paint colors leave you at $49,700 and the upcharge paint colors get you to $50,100. If the $2500 ford options credit is considered a discount on the base price, then an infinite blue or rapid red should still qualify, right? I actually reached out to MOR-EV about this, and the response is interesting, but the implications are not entirely clear to me:
...the total final purchase price must be under $50,000. This purchase price calculation will include everything except for MA Sales Tax and delivery/declaration fees. [...] However, we are able to subtract dealership rebates from your total final purchase price as long as they are applied at the point-of-sale. Dealership/manufacturer rebates that are offered as post-purchase promotions will not be subtracted from your purchase price calculation.

dsheib

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD SR, Ducati Multistrada 1200S
Country flag
So has anybody been successful in getting the MOR-EV rebate when the window-sticker price is above $50k, but the dealer incentives bring it back below? I'm thinking of the case with a Premium AWD standard range, where the 'base' paint colors leave you at $49,700 and the upcharge paint colors get you to $50,100. If the $2500 ford options credit is considered a discount on the base price, then an infinite blue or rapid red should still qualify, right? I actually reached out to MOR-EV about this, and the response is interesting, but the implications are not entirely clear to me:
My application got denied last week but I'm appealing it, I purchased the Premium AWD standard range in Infinite Blue which comes to $50,100 like you wrote. The Ford $100 active driver assist rebate brought it to $50k and the dealer discounted the car by $1 to make it $49,999. The wording of the rules appear to say that the selling price must be less than $50k so I didn't want to risk missing by one cent. I'll let you know what they decide, I'll be bummed if they rule against me.

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
My application got denied last week but I'm appealing it, I purchased the Premium AWD standard range in Infinite Blue which comes to $50,100 like you wrote. The Ford $100 active driver assist rebate brought it to $50k and the dealer discounted the car by $1 to make it $49,999. The wording of the rules appear to say that the selling price must be less than $50k so I didn't want to risk missing by one cent. I'll let you know what they decide, I'll be bummed if they rule against me.
Did you get a response on this?

dsheib

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD SR, Ducati Multistrada 1200S
Country flag
Did you get a response on this?
Nope, I sent the appeal and got nothing in return. I reapplied for the rebate last night and sent them all my paperwork again so I'm hoping I'll hear something back this week, I'll post the results when I find out.
Sponsored