Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 & 10 Prius, 15 Prius C, 09 CRV, MME ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wondering if any January orders received a scheduled production date? I checked this morning, nothing. Is there anything I can do to move my order along quicker? Iā€™m ok with the park assist prep kit. Should I tell my salesman that? This is my first experience ordering online. Iā€™m trying to patiently wait, but itā€™s hard? I ordered premium ER RWD 1/26/22 in IBSM. Order was accepted by dealer on 1/27/22. I purchased my first Ford 13 years ago, 2009 Ford Flex limited. It has been my favorite car ever. Very reliable and comfortable. At first I was looking at Tesla model Y until I found out Ford was doing an EV. It was a no brainer for me, the Mach E would be my new car love. Iā€™m now a Ford fan since they sold me a great product so long ago. Is there still a chance at May production date?

I posted this question this morning. Im new to the Mach-e forum, so I was not sure how to ask everyone. I sent it to Ford Motor Company because that is the only recipient I could think of at the time. They responded to the newbie, how awesome!!! Iā€™m hoping Iā€™m doing it right this time.
All of the responses are spot on. I ordered in early October when they started taking orders. Itā€™s a premium AWD ER and have no date. I would consider myself lucky if I see it by summer. I believe Ford is putting the GTs ahead because they can make more money. Wise choice financially but it sucks for the rest of us. šŸ¤Ŗ

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen anyone report a production week of 5/9 or 5/16 or 5/23 or 5/30 yet. Iā€™m curious whatā€™s going on there. I suppose they could be shutting the factory down for the Job 2 change, but a 3-4 week shutdown seems excessive. I imagine we are eventually going to hear from folks with those build weeks.
Do you know when "Job #2" usually begins?

andrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium (ER, RWD, Rapid Red)
Country flag
Do you know when "Job #2" usually begins?
I donā€™t. I think itā€™s the start of May? I donā€™t know. Folks are now reporting build dates of 5/9 and 5/16 so I donā€™t really think there will be a planned shutdown. They donā€™t seem to be making any notable changes for Job 2 (the Active Park Assist change impacted some Job 1 cars too).

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
No production date for me. I had high hopes for a Ford miracle.šŸ˜¢

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
I donā€™t. I think itā€™s the start of May? I donā€™t know. Folks are now reporting build dates of 5/9 and 5/16 so I donā€™t really think there will be a planned shutdown. They donā€™t seem to be making any notable changes for Job 2 (the Active Park Assist change impacted some Job 1 cars too).
Andrew, when did you order your CR1 and how did you speck it out? Mine is Space White, AWD, long range.

andrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Andrew, when did you order your CR1 and how did you speck it out? Mine is Space White, AWD, long range.
I selected Rapid Red and AWD. Extended Range is standard on the RT1.

I posted this in another thread, but Iā€™ll repeat here. My dealership told me that only about 10-15% of the cars getting scheduled can be extended range, and about 45-50% can be AWD. That means that there are very slim chances my configuration will get scheduled each week. Iā€™ll probably see lots of folks with later order dates get scheduled first because they have standard range or RWD.

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag

I posted this in another thread, but Iā€™ll repeat here. My dealership told me that only about 10-15% of the cars getting scheduled can be extended range, and about 45-50% can be AWD. That means that there are very slim chances my configuration will get scheduled each week. Iā€™ll probably see lots of folks with later order dates get scheduled first because they have standard range or RWD.
What was your order date? I've heard so much from my dealership and feel they're just riffing. The red will look nice.

Rk808

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mirai: Volvo XC60; MME
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Not sure they got that right as the majority of orders are both extended range and awd

Rk808

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mirai: Volvo XC60; MME
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
my order is premium awd standard range
dealer accepted 11/3
not scheduled yet

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
So itā€™s official, folks are getting May production dates. Iā€™m trying not to be salty, but some order dates were between 2/2022-3/2022. WTH!!!??? Seeing the unfairness of scheduling is getting disheartening for me. I was excited about this car, but now Iā€™m feeling disappointed and letdown.

andrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure they got that right as the majority of orders are both extended range and awd
I think you are using the order tracker on here as a data point. Iā€™d caution you against putting to much stock in that. The data is not a sufficient sample size, and it is biased because itā€™s a self selecting sample.

If you check out the posts on how the allocation process works, itā€™s all based on available parts. It kinda makes sense for a dealership to respond to a question like, ā€œhow long will this take?ā€ With an answer like this, because itā€™s the type of data they have access to.

If I check out the Mach Eā€™s that are listed on local dealership sites, and overwhelming majority of them are Standard Range. The only cars I see listed with Extended Range are custom orders. These numbers do make sense with the data I can see.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
I think you are using the order tracker on here as a data point. Iā€™d caution you against putting to much stock in that. The data is not a sufficient sample size, and it is biased because itā€™s a self selecting sample.

If you check out the posts on how the allocation process works, itā€™s all based on available parts. It kinda makes sense for a dealership to respond to a question like, ā€œhow long will this take?ā€ With an answer like this, because itā€™s the type of data they have access to.

If I check out the Mach Eā€™s that are listed on local dealership sites, and overwhelming majority of them are Standard Range. The only cars I see listed with Extended Range are custom orders. These numbers do make sense with the data I can see.
Ford's March sales press release says 72% of Mach-Es sales are AWD and 27% of sales are GTs which are all extended range. GTs have had no trouble getting produced. That dealer info can't be correct.

andrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah, thatā€™s a good find. I think those numbers are based on the previous month or quarter, where as the dealership was quoting numbers from this next week of scheduling. Iā€™m not quite sure why there would be such a sharp drop off though.
Sponsored