JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Just trying to be helpful, already checked out on the my miles is wrong complaint
Sponsored

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
Yes but it appears overseas models (UK, EU, etc.) may have suspension blocks inserted due to the longer shipment process. The bounce could be due to the dealer failing to remove the blocks.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...with-the-mach-e-what-do-i-do.4642/post-216786
The price of fish has gone up too, but not relevant to original comment either. This question is coming up a lot over here, as ranges are dropping from 270 to 250 to 225 as temps drop ( a little) and heaters are turned on more.

Might not seem important to you. In which case why not go and post in another thread. Have a good day you'll.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The price of fish has gone up too, but not relevant to original comment either. This question is coming up a lot over here, as ranges are dropping from 270 to 250 to 225 as temps drop ( a little) and heaters are turned on more.

Might not seem important to you. In which case why not go and post in another thread. Have a good day you'll.
Actually range is very important to me, especially highway range. The MME will be my first BEV, but I have done a lot of research regarding how BEV range is impacted by speed and electrical loads within the vehicle. Every single BEV has better range when driving slower, and when less climate control is needed. Resistance heaters are a horrible drain on the battery, and the MME uses a resistance heater.

WLTP range estimates are well known to be very, very optimistic and not realistic at all. It is a shame that people rely on it when making a purchase decision, and then blame the car manufacturer for publishing the WLTP range estimates. In reality, people need to blame the EU government for how inaccurate WLTP estimates are.

Personally I agree with holding manufacturers responsible for their marketing, but when a government mandates something, it makes it harder to only blame Ford. More of your rage should be addressed at the government, IMO.

BTW - didn't you kick the EU to the curb with Brexit? It seems you should be able to kick their idiotic regulations to the curb as well.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mileage Complaint 1633116822812

Anyway, since the issue of "bounce" came up, I just wanted to reference the post with the picture that shows the spring shipping blocks so that EU buyers will be alerted. If you have poor ride quality, at least check the springs to see if that is the issue.

OP
OP
Trevor

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
Actually range is very important to me, especially highway range. The MME will be my first BEV, but I have done a lot of research regarding how BEV range is impacted by speed and electrical loads within the vehicle. Every single BEV has better range when driving slower, and when less climate control is needed. Resistance heaters are a horrible drain on the battery, and the MME uses a resistance heater.

WLTP range estimates are well known to be very, very optimistic and not realistic at all. It is a shame that people rely on it when making a purchase decision, and then blame the car manufacturer for publishing the WLTP range estimates. In reality, people need to blame the EU government for how inaccurate WLTP estimates are.

Personally I agree with holding manufacturers responsible for their marketing, but when a government mandates something, it makes it harder to only blame Ford. More of your rage should be addressed at the government, IMO.

BTW - didn't you kick the EU to the curb with Brexit? It seems you should be able to kick their idiotic regulations to the curb as well.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mileage Complaint 1633116822812

All very fair comments. Have a great day and hope we both get the range we desire.

Anyway, since the issue of "bounce" came up, I just wanted to reference the post with the picture that shows the spring shipping blocks so that EU buyers will be alerted. If you have poor ride quality, at least check the springs to see if that is the issue.