OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
I did not have this panel in my original 21 Select but it was there for my 22 GTPE. As others stated it seemed if you had ambient lighting that you also got this part. Real bummer if they actually deleted it as cost savings.

I think you are on the right path to ask the dealer, I'd imagine that if you can get the part number it would be fairly cheap to order, just a shame that you would have to.
Sponsored

satchel prefect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crusty old PHEV
Country flag

steve.panse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
I did not have this panel in my original 21 Select but it was there for my 22 GTPE. As others stated it seemed if you had ambient lighting that you also got this part. Real bummer if they actually deleted it as cost savings.

I think you are on the right path to ask the dealer, I'd imagine that if you can get the part number it would be fairly cheap to order, just a shame that you would have to.
My ā€˜22 GT-PE, built 10/11/22, is missing the cover. The correlation to ambient lighting isnā€™t 100%.

steve.panse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
I took the car to the dealer today, they said they found the part on the diagram and placed an order for it, itā€™s backordered with no ETA. They said they had another GT on the lot (weird to hear thatā€¦but I guess theyā€™re becoming more available) and it was missing the cover as well.

neel9433

First Name
Neel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I canā€™t believe this is normal - see photo. Please tell me Iā€™m missing a panel šŸ«£ There are tabs in the front and back that are aching to have a panel attached to them. Iā€™m a week into ownership. Of course I can bring it in but thought Iā€™d check here first.

1E386F1A-8955-49B9-8817-3E3697D43812.jpeg
Update -

Talked to Ford customer service today and based on my conversation this is a optional component. (Part number - LJ8Z58046A25AA ) They said if it was not on the order, it will not be installed. I am dumbfounded myself since no one orders every single nut and bolt on a car, but looks like Ford expects customers to do so. This does point me in direction of thinking this was a cost cutting measure, since there is no Engine looks like Engineers at Ford believe that this component is optional.

satchel prefect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crusty old PHEV
Country flag
Update -

Talked to Ford customer service today and based on my conversation this is a optional component. (Part number - LJ8Z58046A25AA ) They said if it was not on the order, it will not be installed. I am dumbfounded myself since no one orders every single nut and bolt on a car, but looks like Ford expects customers to do so. This does point me in direction of thinking this was a cost cutting measure, since there is no Engine looks like Engineers at Ford believe that this component is optional.
That is disappointing. Not to mention, I don't remember this panel (or any other interior trim) appearing as an option when placing my order.

satchel prefect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crusty old PHEV
Country flag

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Had a argument with my dealer but they refused to get one since none of the Mach E on their lot don't have any. Found this discount site online https://www.onlinefordpartscatalog.com/oem-parts/ford-insulator-lj8z58046a25aa
Correct, if you want one you'll have to buy it yourself, don't expect the dealer to pay for it. If the factory omits them you can't automatically assume it's a misbuild. Sounds like dealer did right and checked the bill of materials and determined it wasn't supposed to be part of your build. It is not something you can option when ordering the vehicle, probably a running change made at the factory.

steve.panse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
Had a argument with my dealer but they refused to get one since none of the Mach E on their lot don't have any. Found this discount site online https://www.onlinefordpartscatalog.com/oem-parts/ford-insulator-lj8z58046a25aa
My experience was totally different, part was ordered on Monday and it arrived yesterday. Picked it up and installed it right in the service lane. No charge, no complaints. Al Packer Ford in Royal Palm Beach. They had also said they had a GT on the lot with no panel, but didn't dispute that it should be there. The part number is LJ8Z-58046A25-AA, called 'INSULATOR - DASH PANEL'.

That said, I really wouldn't be too worried about this panel, it doesn't appear to perform any critical function.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I got the replacement panel today and put it in. The dealer ordered the part from Ford and it was drip shipped to me. Took 24 hours from order to deliver and install.

Really easy to put in if the dealer doesnā€™t do it for you. Thereā€™s 2 tabs that slide in the back, then some posts that match up with holes at the front. The tabs in the back have some foam on them, presumably to eliminate any rattling. I had to push back towards the front of the car a little to get the posts to line up with the holes. Then I pushed the posts in and the clips (which came with the panel) popped in to lock it. The right one wasnā€™t locking at first, but it was because I hadnā€™t pushed the posts all the way in the holes first. Once I did it popped in no problem.

Here is a video of the install and an after photo.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Missing panel above fuse panel 5BB868A9-0206-4F0A-8706-451700D9B289
Sponsored