Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Prem AWD, 2019 F150, ‘94 Vet, 1948 Willys
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It used to work. Vehicle/Charging/Charge settings/Preferred Charge Times/Saved Locations (Home)-Charge when plugged in/My address>/Maximum Charge Level set to 90% for both weekdays and weekends. Car still charges to 100%. More broken software? It used to work. Hasn’t since it came back from dealer to have another problem fixed. Ideas? Ford guide said I should see an option on the big screen in the car for “Intelligent Charging” which she could see in the manual she was looking at but it’s not on my screen, v 1.7.1. I also looked in 2 manuals for cars produced before and after June 2021 and still could not see what she was seeing in the manual she described to me.
Sponsored

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
It used to work. Vehicle/Charging/Charge settings/Preferred Charge Times/Saved Locations (Home)-Charge when plugged in/My address>/Maximum Charge Level set to 90% for both weekdays and weekends. Car still charges to 100%. More broken software? It used to work. Hasn’t since it came back from dealer to have another problem fixed. Ideas? Ford guide said I should see an option on the big screen in the car for “Intelligent Charging” which she could see in the manual she was looking at but it’s not on my screen, v 1.7.1. I also looked in 2 manuals for cars produced before and after June 2021 and still could not see what she was seeing in the manual she described to me.
If you have your charging setup at “charge anytime it’s plugged in” it will charge to 100%.

If you change setup to “use preferred charging settings”, and set the schedule to Anytime, it will stop at the 90% you have it set to.

Last edited:

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
You it has not worked since back from dealer…. Likely the previous location got wiped out with what ever the dealer did. Try setting the charge settings again and see if it works. It seems similar to behavior seen with some OTA updates.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So I was just about to post a similar issue.

I've had my car for almost a year and Friday of last week my car started to charge to 100%. I checked the app and it was saying 90% but it was charging to 100% anyways.

I just assumed it had something to do with my home location so I deleted it. After deleting it, the car would not locate my location, even after I backed the car out. It was basically just showing my zip code. So I tired it again the following day after I came home from work and was sure I would have multiple satellite locks. Same issue, would not show my actual home location. The following day however the car finally showed my address, well technically my neighbors, but close enough lol Once I saved the home location again the car has been behaving.

Not sure why the car all the sudden decided to freak out with its location. You might try deleting yours and adding it back in to see if it resolves your issue too. Not sure if there is a way to calibrate the car's GPS, but I'd assume there is.

Pina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport, 2022 Mach-E Premium Ordered
Country flag
I just picked my car up on Monday and despite setting up to charge only from 7pm-7am it automatically just starts charging randomly and unless I'm continually checking the app I don't catch it. Our time of use rates vary dramatically so I hope this can be resolved!

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I have found a lot of these glitches can be solved by deleting and reinstalling the setting and/or device. Sometimes it even takes a second try of deleting and then reinstalling before everything goes back to normal.

OP
OP
Indy Mike

Indy Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Prem AWD, 2019 F150, ‘94 Vet, 1948 Willys
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you have your charging setup at “charge anytime it’s plugged in” it will charge to 100%.

If you change setup to “use preferred charging settings”, and set the schedule to Anytime, it will stop at the 90% you have it set to.
Thank you. I’ve reset to the values you said, which I now remember were what I had them set to when the 90% worked. I received a confirmation in Message Center that my “departure times have been successfully synced.” I’ve not charged again but I’m confident your counsel is spot on. Not sure I agree with the program logic on how to only adjust the charge level and not have a defined departure time.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Thank you. I’ve reset to the values you said, which I now remember were what I had them set to when the 90% worked. I received a confirmation in Message Center that my “departure times have been successfully synced.” I’ve not charged again but I’m confident your counsel is spot on. Not sure I agree with the program logic on how to only adjust the charge level and not have a defined departure time.
In plain English “charge anytime it’s plugged in” means “disregard all other settings”.

btw, I just had this problem after the dealer installed software updates. Usually you set this up, and since it should be a one-time thing, you forget how it’s done.
Sponsored

Last edited: