First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select RWD Comfort & Tech Package
Country flag
Hello Mach E Forum!

I want to summarize what is going on with my MME and see if anyone else has had a similar issue and what they did to resolve it.
The rear windshield wiper jet is not working. Below is my story.

While driving cross country from Northern CA to Washington DC last winter (I can write a post about that 3,000 mile journey if you're curious how it went), I lost the ability to use my rear windshield wiper jet to clean the rear windshield. I noticed this while I was driving on I-70 in CO. The temps were in the teens when I attempted to clean the rear windshield. My assumption is that the windshield washer fluid froze in the pump or the line and when I attempted to use it, something broke (obviously). fast forward to April, I took my vehicle in to get fixed (I had an appointment and everything) and they did a diagnosis and said that the issue was a computer chip that was burnt out. I was told that the computer chip controls both the front and the rear windshield jets and that it was stuck on the front windshield. I waited 4 months for a loaner from the dealer and for them to get the part. Fast forward again to the end of July, I take my MME to the dealer to get fixed (still no loaner vehicle but that's besides the point). They ended up replaced the motor that works the windshield wiper and billing @Ford Motor Company for the warranty work which was 100% unnecessary. They said that they fixed the issue of the faulty jet on top of that which was obviously a lie. So after talking to them and showing them that they didn't fix the issue, they scheduled me back the following week and made sure that I had a loaner (which I am grateful for since the MME is my only vehicle). Now, the dealer said that they are working with the ford engineers to fix the issue. After texting and calling the dealer, I have been left in the dark and can see my vehicle in the parking lot from the FordPass app.

Has anyone had an experience similar to this? @Ford Motor Company is there anything you can do to help?

I doubt this would classify as a Lemon, but 3 visits and a consecutive month in the dealer to fix a wiper jet? I am questioning why I even brought in my MME to get fixed if it is just going to sit at the dealer lot while I spend 3 times the amount of what I would normally spend on fuel in the loaner.
Sponsored

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
The rear window washer quit working on our MME, but it was due to the fluid line getting pinched when the dealer did the panoramic roof reseal. The line runs up under the headliner.
We dropped the car off at the dealer in the morning, and picked it up fixed that evening.

Sorry your experience has been so much worse!

OP
OP
MME_Adventurist

MME_Adventurist

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The rear window washer quit working on our MME, but it was due to the fluid line getting pinched when the dealer did the panoramic roof reseal. The line runs up under the headliner.
We dropped the car off at the dealer in the morning, and picked it up fixed that evening.

Sorry your experience has been so much worse!
I'm glad your experience went smoothly! We need to hear more experiences like that.

I'm hopeful that the dealer will fix my issue soon. I just wish that they would communicate with me what is going on with my MME.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I have not had the rear wiper issue. My MME has been at the dealer over four months in two years. All of the work was for minor issues or the two glass recalls. On several issues I had to return to the dealer because it was never fixed the first time. This has been a huge disappointment in respect to parts availability and the experience at two dealers. Ford Options = Return the MME in twenty months.

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
I'm glad your experience went smoothly! We need to hear more experiences like that.

I'm hopeful that the dealer will fix my issue soon. I just wish that they would communicate with me what is going on with my MME.
The service department at our closest dealer, the one we bought the MME from, was HORRIBLE. So we have been taking the car to one that is 15 miles further from home, but SO much better.

We just had our second HVBJB replaced, and the dealer was able to give us a loaner, anticipating it would take a week to get the part, then a couple of days to install it.
The loaner was a GT 4ex! (ours is a Premium 4ex). I actually started to like the weird yellow/orange color, and dubbed the car 'Colonel Mustard'.
Turns out they got the part the next day and got it installed, (wait, what?) so we only had the loaner for a day. The MME is the wife's commuter, so I didn't even get a chance to drive the GT. She said it was a lot quicker than ours... LOL

So despite the rumors to the contrary, there is at least one decent Ford service department for their EVs. (so far anyway)

OP
OP
MME_Adventurist

MME_Adventurist

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have not had the rear wiper issue. My MME has been at the dealer over four months in two years. All of the work was for minor issues or the two glass recalls. On several issues I had to return to the dealer because it was never fixed the first time. This has been a huge disappointment in respect to parts availability and the experience at two dealers. Ford Options = Return the MMR in twenty months.
I'm sorry that it has been a bad experience getting the repairs done. These are definitely issues that us early adopters have been dealing with. I know that my dealer has only 1 or 2 technicians that work on EVs. Waiting months for parts and/or technician availability will only become more pronounced as we enter into the early majority of EV owners. I'm sure that Ford has a plan for this, but are the dealerships on board? Where can we go to get our EVs serviced in a timely manner and not pushed aside? Obviously only a small amount of dealers. Can Ford just open up their own repair shops separate from the dealer franchises please?!?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I'm sorry that it has been a bad experience getting the repairs done. These are definitely issues that us early adopters have been dealing with. I know that my dealer has only 1 or 2 technicians that work on EVs. Waiting months for parts and/or technician availability will only become more pronounced as we enter into the early majority of EV owners. I'm sure that Ford has a plan for this, but are the dealerships on board? Where can we go to get our EVs serviced in a timely manner and not pushed aside? Obviously only a small amount of dealers. Can Ford just open up their own repair shops separate from the dealer franchises please?!?
dealers suck and don't care

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
In Maine, 3 trips to the dealership service department or more than 15 days in the shop without successfully fixing the issue may qualify for lemon law, depending on the mileage on your car. The lemon laws vary by state, however.

OP
OP
MME_Adventurist

MME_Adventurist

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think that brush is a bit broad. Sure, there are some horrible dealers, but not all. Mine has been excellent.
We need to create a list of Dealers that are actually awesome! I've seen lists of dealers to avoid somewhere, but I haven't seen one that outlines dealers that are good to buy a car from and get serviced at.

Donna216

First Name
Donna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e GT
Occupation
Machinist
Country flag
Hello Mach E Forum!

I want to summarize what is going on with my MME and see if anyone else has had a similar issue and what they did to resolve it.
The rear windshield wiper jet is not working. Below is my story.

While driving cross country from Northern CA to Washington DC last winter (I can write a post about that 3,000 mile journey if you're curious how it went), I lost the ability to use my rear windshield wiper jet to clean the rear windshield. I noticed this while I was driving on I-70 in CO. The temps were in the teens when I attempted to clean the rear windshield. My assumption is that the windshield washer fluid froze in the pump or the line and when I attempted to use it, something broke (obviously). fast forward to April, I took my vehicle in to get fixed (I had an appointment and everything) and they did a diagnosis and said that the issue was a computer chip that was burnt out. I was told that the computer chip controls both the front and the rear windshield jets and that it was stuck on the front windshield. I waited 4 months for a loaner from the dealer and for them to get the part. Fast forward again to the end of July, I take my MME to the dealer to get fixed (still no loaner vehicle but that's besides the point). They ended up replaced the motor that works the windshield wiper and billing @Ford Motor Company for the warranty work which was 100% unnecessary. They said that they fixed the issue of the faulty jet on top of that which was obviously a lie. So after talking to them and showing them that they didn't fix the issue, they scheduled me back the following week and made sure that I had a loaner (which I am grateful for since the MME is my only vehicle). Now, the dealer said that they are working with the ford engineers to fix the issue. After texting and calling the dealer, I have been left in the dark and can see my vehicle in the parking lot from the FordPass app.

Has anyone had an experience similar to this? @Ford Motor Company is there anything you can do to help?

I doubt this would classify as a Lemon, but 3 visits and a consecutive month in the dealer to fix a wiper jet? I am questioning why I even brought in my MME to get fixed if it is just going to sit at the dealer lot while I spend 3 times the amount of what I would normally spend on fuel in the loaner.
I had a parking brake fault issue that had me taking my car back and forth from the dealer from June until 2 weeks ago. I think it's fixed now. Like you said they would say they knew the problem. I'd wait for the part, they would swap out parts that didn't fix the problem, wash and repeat. I struggled to keep my cool because there was a time I got up early, went to dealer and the ONE guy who works on the car was on vacation. It doesn't give me hope for any serious problems.

I hope you get your car back soon. Don't know if it is a Lemon issue but it did cross my mind in my situation. If they consistently had my car a month, I would have looked into it.

OP
OP
MME_Adventurist

MME_Adventurist

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had a parking brake fault issue that had me taking my car back and forth from the dealer from June until 2 weeks ago. I think it's fixed now. Like you said they would say they knew the problem. I'd wait for the part, they would swap out parts that didn't fix the problem, wash and repeat. I struggled to keep my cool because there was a time I got up early, went to dealer and the ONE guy who works on the car was on vacation. It doesn't give me hope for any serious problems.

I hope you get your car back soon. Don't know if it is a Lemon issue but it did cross my mind in my situation. If they consistently had my car a month, I would have looked into it.
Yeah.. I don't know how the lemon issue would work since I live in a different state from where the vehicle is getting repaired. Also it is not a major safety issue either.

OP
OP
MME_Adventurist

MME_Adventurist

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just heard back from the dealer! This is a big win for communication for them. I had to call them 4 times in a row... but I got through! I was told that @Ford Motor Company shipped the dealer the wrong part that should fix my issue. So now we wait for Ford to ship the correct part. This little bit of info was unfortunate but also I'm happy to know more information about my MME. Hopefully I get it back soon.
Sponsored