First Name
Kwai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Hi all,

Weird but for the first time, I plugged in my Mach-E and the included mobile charger was not registering. I checked the unit and saw an amber light. I unplugged it and replugged it back in and then the light turned blue and the car began to charge.

I've read in previous posts that the amber light indicated overheating. It is hot right now because it's summer in California. But the charging time starts at 10:00pm and it is 72 degrees outside right now.

Just wondering if this is a common occurrence of not?
Sponsored

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Hi all,

Weird but for the first time, I plugged in my Mach-E and the included mobile charger was not registering. I checked the unit and saw an amber light. I unplugged it and replugged it back in and then the light turned blue and the car began to charge.

Has anyone encountered this issue? What's the reason for the orange light?
Plenty of posts about the amber light: https://www.macheforum.com/site/search/548130/?q=amber&o=date

But how to interpret it depends on other conditions, such as whether it was solid or blinking and whether other color lights were also on.

Start with the trouble shooting table found in the owners manual:

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
It happened to me one time. For me, charging finished normally during the night, but when I unplugged it in the morning, I had the solid amber light. I unplugged the charger from the outlet and plugged it back in and the error cleared. It was a late July/early August warm day, but I didn't start charging until late evening. Also, the charge completed, which was weird: it should have been cooling off since it was drawing basically zero current and the garage temperature was lower. I'm stumped as to what triggered that error - if it overtemps in an Ohio garage at 3am in the summer, most of the US will have trouble charging a large part of the year.
Sponsored