MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
A week into my MME ownership, the GOM is finally displaying (extrapolated) 210 miles. My first change to actual 100% it was displaying 196. With nearly 700 miles (how?!) the average consumption still stands at 3.7 miles/kWh. Is the GOM in my car extra conservative? Based on 68kWh usable on the battery pack and my average being 3.7 miles/kWh, my GOM should tell me 251 miles, no ? Today I drove 20 miles (local roads only) and consumed 7% of the charge.

I live in a very hilly area, and when going out I can easily beat the TM3's consumption. On this 8 mile one way drive I take all the time, in perfect conditions the TM3 would typically show 185Wh/mile (5.7 miles/kWh). In the MME it is 6.9 miles/kWh (145Wh/mile). Include the return trip, however, it would average back down to 3.9 miles/kWh (256Wh/mile), essentially the same as what I used to get in the TM3. It seems going downhill the MME can be more efficient, going back up the TM3 wins. Just making an observation, nothing scientific about it at all.

Sorry for the back and forth from miles/kWh and Wh/mile since I'm comparing the figures to the TM3. I will stick to using mi/kWh from now on.
Sponsored

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
My husband has a Tesla Model 3 LR AWD. He LOVES the car. But it's noisey. When I went out to test drive the MME and Model Y, it was the MME that won out. If it were his car, he would get the Y, but that is because he is obsessed with the tech aspects of Tesla. This is going to be my car. He understood why I liked it more, it's a smoother ride, quieter, better built, more comfortable, and less alien to drive. I agree with your assessment, the MME is a quieter car than Tesla and just feels better built overall. Also, I appreciated the comfort of the car compared with the Y. My husband does get the appeal for me with the MME. To me, it just feels better than the Tesla. It matches my driving style more. I put down my pre-order for a MME. Space White (finally got to see the color in person yesterday)

Oh I should note, because I live in Takoma Park area (DC side), there are closer faster chargers for the Mach E than my husband's Tesla. The closest fast charger for him is 10 miles away.