Don_23805

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Prem MME DMG AWD Ex Batt
Country flag
Is there a Model Code or some way of determining whether a given MME has the big battery (except inferring it from the claimed range)? I've determined that K3S is Premium, AWD; K3R is Premium RWD; K1S is Select AWD, and K1R is Select RWD.
I want Premium, big battery, light interior, AWD. Is there a code for that? Can you determine it from the VIN?

Luck would have it that the sales guy next up in the queue when I stopped to look wasn't very savvy. He thought the glass roof had a pull-over cover. Although he had a meteorologist size iPad it didn't show anymore than my browser i.e., they don't consistently show which battery.

Is there a national database to search for available vehicles on lots?

TIA Don (VA)
Sponsored

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
As pointed out above, digits 5-8 of the VIN tell you trim, drive, and battery. The Trim Level is the first 2 digits of the Body Code, RWD or AWD is the 3rd.

K1 = Select
K2 = CA RT 1
K3 = Premium
K4 = GT

+

R = RWD
S = AWD

And then there's the table of big or small batteries in the link above.

Color is not encoded in the VIN, interior or exterior.

Keep in mind that all dealers have 1 vehicle for their "FCTP" test drive inventory, built near the start of production. If you're trying to get a Mach-E out of inventory, if the VIN's sequence number is under about ~3,000 (there's about ~2,000 EV certified dealers, each has 1 FCTP), it might be a FCTP car that the dealer can't sell for months.