Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I can't find the sensor in the app (Car scanner and OBD 2) for battery temperature. How are you guys finding it?
You need to be using a scan tool that supports Ford-specific or extended parameters, I don't think the Mach-E supports the basic OBD-II protocol since it's electric. e.g. OBDLink or FORScan
Sponsored

JimmyMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
I can't find the sensor in the app (Car scanner and OBD 2) for battery temperature. How are you guys finding it?
Battery temperature and many other BECM parameters will be visible in Car Scanner if you manually select Ford C-Max Energi profile in Vehicle settings.

Car Scanner will show even more parameters if you download additional custom pids for Mach-E:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ded-pids-for-torque-project.7427/#post-205416

Installing is a bit easier than in Torque Pro:
Settings / Sensors - import from file

EDIT:
noticed a tiny error in equation at the bottom of the pid list
Engine Run Time​
Run​
0x22f41f​
(((A*256)+B)/60​
correct equation:
((A*256)+B)/60​

Last edited:
OP
OP
SteveJo

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
Battery temperature and many other BECM parameters will be visible in Car Scanner if you manually select Ford C-Max Energi profile in Vehicle settings.

Car Scanner will show even more parameters if you download additional custom pids for Mach-E:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ded-pids-for-torque-project.7427/#post-205416

Installing is a bit easier than in Torque Pro:
Settings / Sensors - import from file
My A.I. Box CarPlay does not permit updating Car Scanner. "Import from file" results in a message saying something to the effect that "no app found to perform this function." Anyone have a work-around?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
2) Does this show live when you use regen braking does it show on the app? Similar to like an RPM gauge?
the data ( HV volts/current ) is there, but requires just simple multiplication and display of resultant kW on instrument panel to be useful and interesting to drivers. Voltage changes a bit under load, so what we (drivers) really want to see is actual kW in and out of the HV battery and the interactive SOC in percent or even better in actual kWhr so we can make our own guess-on-range depending on what we are doing or maybe have been doing for the most recent 50 miles.

what would be SLICK is if Ford had a 'rolling average' on the consumption that would change the GOM range depending on the last 50 miles.... which would catch the significant difference lets say if you head out on a road trip rather than usual stop and go, or up a mountain.

JimmyMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
the data ( HV volts/current ) is there, but requires just simple multiplication and display of resultant kW on instrument panel to be useful and interesting to drivers.
Just read about a workaround for multiplication of sensors in Car Scanner (voltage * current = battery power output kW). As I am on holidays now, not sure if it works at all:

in Settings *Sensors (Profile)

HV battery voltage / Role override: assign role EV_BatteryVoltage

HV Battery Current / Role override: assign role EV_BatteryCurrent

Then connect to the car, All Sensors should now include Hybrid/EV Battery Power kW sensor.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Just read about a workaround for multiplication of sensors in Car Scanner (voltage * current = battery power output kW). As I am on holidays now, not sure if it works at all:

in Settings *Sensors (Profile)

HV battery voltage / Role override: assign role EV_BatteryVoltage

HV Battery Current / Role override: assign role EV_BatteryCurrent

Then connect to the car, All Sensors should now include Hybrid/EV Battery Power kW sensor.
I have not had time to research or verify this myself. Maybe this weekend if I'm lucky. Has anyone else taking a look to see if this is possible in the MME?

JimmyMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
I got confirmation from another forum member that Car Scanner indeed shows Hybrid/EV Battery Power (kW), when you add "Role override" for existing sensors: HV battery voltage and HV battery current.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I got confirmation from another forum member that Car Scanner indeed shows Hybrid/EV Battery Power (kW), when you add "Role override" for existing sensors: HV battery voltage and HV battery current.
oohhhhhh, I'll have to give this a try!

Is the 'role override' set in CarScanner app, or on the MME console?

The next step is to cast display from phone to console. I have not tried to figure out Android Auto or what it takes to display any phone apps to the center console. If anybody can explain that step by step I sure would be interested....

I sure would like to see actual kW displayed on the actual instrument panel in a future update!

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
In Car Scanner app settings, the Sensors menu.
interesting indeed.... simply changing the labels enables access to the data... can't wait to try this

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Hybrid/EV Battery Power (kW) upper left (car was "trickle charging" at 120v)...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Monitoring Battery Regen and Temperature Overheating in Mach-E IMG_2289.JPG
super!
I will give it a go as soon as I have time....

would you consider documenting the steps required to get this to display on center console ? I am not familiar with Playstion at all or how to send any app display from phone to PlayStation in the car.

OP
OP
SteveJo

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
super!
I will give it a go as soon as I have time....

would you consider documenting the steps required to get this to display on center console ? I am not familiar with Playstion at all or how to send any app display from phone to PlayStation in the car.
Just start with the first post on this thread to see what "PlayStation" is all about.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Just start with the first post on this thread to see what "PlayStation" is all about.
went back and read it.... not sure I can use playstation as I do not have hotspot for car or active sirius subscription.

I DO have hotspot on my phone. Can I configure car to use my phone hotspot? I just don't know anything about Playstation or how to display anything on the center console.

OP
OP
SteveJo

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
went back and read it.... not sure I can use playstation as I do not have hotspot for car or active sirius subscription.

I DO have hotspot on my phone. Can I configure car to use my phone hotspot? I just don't know anything about Playstation or how to display anything on the center console.
Playstation is the name the A.I. Box I plugged into the MME usb port calls itself. I don't know how to display Car Scanner on the MME without the box. You can, of course, see the info directly on your your phone or tablet with Car Scanner and a scan tool plugged-in to the OBDII port.
Sponsored