My 21 GTPE with 23k miles is worth what?

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Tough market conditions. OEMs will curtail production to work the glut of inventory out of the system. Then resale values will recover some.
Sponsored

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Trade in offer $25K. Then turn around and sell the car for $40K. $15K in profit. That is what irritates me. The dealer probably thinks the MME will sit on the lot for a while. So they want to play it safe.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Carvana and CarMax will always give you lowest prices now, that market has took a shit and Carvana is barely staying in business

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Carvana and CarMax will always give you lowest prices now, that market has took a shit and Carvana is barely staying in business
This.

They significantly overpaid for cars the last few years and now are fighting to stay in business.

Now they’re trying to low ball people.

As consumers, we need to FORGET the car market of the last three years.

Pretend it’s 2019 again and remember how you negotiated, bought and sold cars waaaaaaay back in “the good old days” of 2019. 😂

Hint- don’t pay msrp
-don’t just accept a blind online offer for trade
-don’t forget to negotiate a better price
-shop around for the best financing
-shop around for best deal at multiple dealers

Good luck everyone! Don’t forget the lessons of the past! Welcome back to a “buyers market.”

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
This.

They significantly overpaid for cars the last few years and now are fighting to stay in business.

Now they’re trying to low ball people.

As consumers, we need to FORGET the car market of the last three years.

Pretend it’s 2019 again and remember how you negotiated, bought and sold cars waaaaaaay back in “the good old days” of 2019. 😂

Hint- don’t pay msrp
-don’t just accept a blind online offer for trade
-don’t forget to negotiate a better price
-shop around for the best financing
-shop around for best deal at multiple dealers

Good luck everyone! Don’t forget the lessons of the past! Welcome back to a “buyers market.”
I was able to sell my LEASED Honda Odyssey back to the dealer for 10k in equity, I got 10k in cash back, on a LEASE! I never expect to get that again lol, it was certainly wild though, I didn't even have to haggle, they REALLY needed the vans.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Yeah, what’s funny is there’s like 5 GT’s used in Phoenix listed. Very much the same as it was in January when I just had to have one of these. 3 of these GT’s are Cali transfers.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
didn't the Blazer EV just came out? How is it selling that poorly? Wasn't there a huge waiting list?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

PicassoPC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E CaRt1, 2011 Nissan Leaf
Country flag
Let me start off by acknowledging used car prices have tanked and yes pandemic prices were insane. We are were planning on purchasing the new 2024 Toyota Landcruiser when it comes out in the spring. I was contemplating on just trading in my 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser which as of today has a Carvana (yeah lowest possible price point) value of nearly 20K. 20K for an 11 year old gas hog isn't bad. I then regrettably plugged in the info for our 21 GTPE with 23K miles. TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND? WTF - I'm going to pretend I didn't see that and keep that orange pig forever and never buy another out of spite. I am now rethinking my life choices and I'm fairly sure there won't be any new vehicles in my future for quite a long time.
I have a 21 CR1 with only 12k miles - Carvana offered me $26k. A painful laugh and I was out of there - expecting to keep the car for years to come. I have no current issues with the car (other than 3 more recalls) so this is not a problem for me.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
This makes me wonder if the Ford EV certified program is going to change or a lot of dealers are going to change their mind and say no thank you. I cannot see why a Ford dealer right now would have any incentive to invest over $500K in their dealership just to become EV certified given the current market conditions.
Sponsored