TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for posting. Your data confirms that my typical 2.7 miles/ kWh at highway speeds is normal. I keep seeing ridiculously high figures posted.
We have the same car (4X First Edition). We've driven between Denver and Las Vegas a lot (over a dozen times). We've averaged 2.8 on most of those trips. Got a low of 2.4 in winter, and a high of 3.0 in summer. But most have been exactly 2.8 for the ~1700 miles.
Sponsored

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
We have the same car (4X First Edition). We've driven between Denver and Las Vegas a lot (over a dozen times). We've averaged 2.8 on most of those trips. Got a low of 2.4 in winter, and a high of 3.0 in summer. But most have been exactly 2.8 for the ~1700 miles.
👍

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I just did a 193mi trip from our home at sea level to our cabin in the mountains. Range was revised after plugging in the destination and I arrived with an estimated range within 6 miles of what was predicted upon leaving.

Very happy with the new update so far as it was always off by 40-50mi previously.

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
Same model as JamieGeek, same experience.
I also have that model. When driving long highway miles with BC on at 70 mph I consistentlly get 3 km/kWh or slightly above, unless the weather is below 40 or so. At 75 mph, it often goes down a tenth or two. That said, I am "measuring" with the FordPass app, taking care to ignore numbers that are crazy due to the app's occasional inability to tell when a trip begins and ends. Also, I live in Louisiana, where altitude changes are measured in inches.

It is unclear to me how to truly gauge EV efficiency in a system that doesn't refer back to the delivered power through the charge port. I've never tried to do that because my main charger isn't metered and even metered chargers aren't calibrated in a traceable (to me) way. Such a standard would drive people crazy, since it would make some feel the battery is stealing their hard-earned kW-h when the temperature changes.
Sponsored