My MME arrived yesterday, picking up this Friday I have a Question re: Autonomous Driving App Cost in Canada

Leonard Rae

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Platinum and Audi A-4 Quattro Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It was a great day here on the Left Coast of Canada, golfed yesterday and got my Hole-In -One today but the best news of the day was that I received a message from my Ford dealer here in Chilliwack that my Mustang has arrived. How can I complain about that kind of a day.
One question I would like to ask of my friends on the East Coast of Canada, Ontario and Quebec if any of the MME purchasers bought the Autonomous Driving App that will be delivered this fall. My dealer has not contacted me earlier, and when I go in to pick up the vehicle I would like to know what the going rate is for this App in the other Provinces before I enter into discussions with them.
I suppose the next question is, can I purchase that option later and from another dealer should there be a price difference. Yes I do have the Comfort Tech Package . Any comments appreciated, and Thanks!
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'm not in Canada, but I think I can answer this question for you. The Active Drive Assist (hand-free) software update is not available for purchase yet, so your dealer won't be able to sell it to you. When it becomes available, you will be able to purchase it directly from Ford, likely through the FordPass app. In the US, it will be $600 for 3 years, but I haven't seen any reports of the price for Canada.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
You got a hole-in-one the same day your elusive car arrived???
Did you buy a lottery ticket - it's almost guaranteed to hit!!

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
It was a great day here on the Left Coast of Canada, golfed yesterday and got my Hole-In -One today but the best news of the day was that I received a message from my Ford dealer here in Chilliwack that my Mustang has arrived. How can I complain about that kind of a day.
One question I would like to ask of my friends on the East Coast of Canada, Ontario and Quebec if any of the MME purchasers bought the Autonomous Driving App that will be delivered this fall. My dealer has not contacted me earlier, and when I go in to pick up the vehicle I would like to know what the going rate is for this App in the other Provinces before I enter into discussions with them.
I suppose the next question is, can I purchase that option later and from another dealer should there be a price difference. Yes I do have the Comfort Tech Package . Any comments appreciated, and Thanks!
I’m glad for you. The fact that I’m waiting in Abbotsford, makes me hopeful. Mine was shipped January 5th, really wanting it by now. Enjoy your ride.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
When you say $600 for the years, is that the price it will remain for the years or it will go to subscription?

There's been a few arriving in Vancouver region.

OP
OP
Leonard Rae

Leonard Rae

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm not in Canada, but I think I can answer this question for you. The Active Drive Assist (hand-free) software update is not available for purchase yet, so your dealer won't be able to sell it to you. When it becomes available, you will be able to purchase it directly from Ford, likely through the FordPass app. In the US, it will be $600 for 3 years, but I haven't seen any reports of the price for Canada.
Thank you

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
When you say $600 for the years, is that the price it will remain for the years or it will go to subscription?

There's been a few arriving in Vancouver region.
It is a subscription. I believe the $600 will cover 3 years of service.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's a subscription for 3 years. We don't know what the cost will be after that, and I doubt that Ford has decided that yet.

Northofnine

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ext Premium 2021 Job 1 non EA
Country flag
I picked up my MME Premium in Orillia Ontario Feb. 12. I was told by dealer all I needed was an Over the air update and that was it. Probably in the summer of 2021.
My car came with Ford Co-pilot360 Active2.0 prep package.
Hoping that is the case. At no point was a subscription discussed.
I will reach out to my sales rep and see what they are now saying.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I picked up my MME Premium in Orillia Ontario Feb. 12. I was told by dealer all I needed was an Over the air update and that was it. Probably in the summer of 2021.
I will reach out to my sales rep and see what they are now saying.
Yes, Your car has the HARDWARE already installed for it. The lower trims you had to add it on as an option. But the feature is a paid feature once it is available. You will have to purchase the software if you want that feature.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was told by dealer all I needed was an Over the air update and that was it. Probably in the summer of 2021.
This is why they have customers in the US sign a paper acknowledging that the ADA feature is not yet available and that it will incur a cost to obtain it when it is available (and give us $100 credit for our trouble). Not sure if they do this in Canada.

OP
OP
Leonard Rae

Leonard Rae

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m glad for you. The fact that I’m waiting in Abbotsford, makes me hopeful. Mine was shipped January 5th, really wanting it by now. Enjoy your ride.
I mentioned to a friend of mine who is in the auto business, he suggested that you go down to the Dealership and browse the back lot., that is if you ordered the vehicle in Abbotsford.

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
I mentioned to a friend of mine who is in the auto business, he suggested that you go down to the Dealership and browse the back lot., that is if you ordered the vehicle in Abbotsford.
Hi, I spoke to the dealership today. Car definitely not on the lot. Got the “sorry no one knows exactly where the car is or the ETA for sure, just be patient”speech again. Tired of this.
Will sleep on it, but I really don’t know how much longer I want to wait.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Saw an Infinite Blue on the back of a truck heading south/south east out of Richmond this morning.
Could be headed your way.
Sponsored