dbayub

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rapid Red Metallic Premium Standard Range AWD
Country flag
The phone-as-a-key feature on my 2023 Premium stopped working at some point. I thought it had something to do with the Android 14 beta on my Pixel phone as others experienced, so I opened an issue with Google. After several go arounds with them on capturing debugging and trying new releases, they basically gave up and closed the case, told me to open a new one if it still didn't work. I broke down and tried an iPhone, but it still didn't work. I contacted Ford, talked to Sync tech support about it, they said they couldn't see or do anything about it over the air, take it to a dealer. I took it in, they spent a few days making sure all of the updates were applied, and finally decided that the Telematics Control Unit (TCU) was bad and they needed to order one. It took a week to come in, and another week to get an appointment. After they installed it, PaaK finally works again, after I did a master reset, cleared out the data, and reinstalled Ford Pass.

The only thing I still do not understand is why I don't have an opinion to schedule updates. When I originally talked to Ford they said I had to do it through Ford Pass, but all that does is tell you to do it in Sync. I really don't know if that option was removed at some point because the documentation is so poor and outdated. Oh well, something for another day.

Ford Mustang Mach-E My PaaK saga PXL_20231024_155816793
Sponsored

OP
OP

dbayub

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: remote start etc. not working when outside of Bluetooth range. Dealer said the second TCU is bad. They replaced it, still not working, say this one may be bad also, working with Ford to diagnose. So far has been in the shop two weeks for both replacements. At least I've had a loaner (brand new Edge and Escape). But I miss having an EV.

OP
OP

dbayub

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After another week in the shop the dealer and Ford decided it is a known software issue. Unfortunately they made it worse, all connectivity is lost, so nothing in FordPass works. At least before I could schedule charge level, charging times, and departure times at home. I'm beginning to think lemon law is in my future.

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Were you able to resolve this issue? My remote start hasn't worked in over a week outside Bluetooth range. The rest of PAAK seems to be working.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Sagas have really gone downhill since Lord of the Rings.

OP
OP

dbayub

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP

dbayub

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Round 5: The dealer said @Ford Motor Company has a fix, so scheduled a service appointment. Took two days to update software (dealer claims slow internet connection) but says everything is fixed. Couldn't pick it up until Saturday morning so the service advisor is not available. Guess what? Still does not work correctly. PaaK works now, but cannot set backup start passcode (option is greyed out), so I cannot trust it. Cannot remote start if out of Bluetooth range or Bluetooth is turned off. Still no option to schedule updates. Time to start lemon law submission.

OP
OP

dbayub

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For some unknown reason things started working over the weekend. The "System Updates" option on Sync showed up. Remote start, etc. started working when not connected via Bluetooth. The only thing remaining is being able to set a backup start passcode, it does not prompt when setting up PaaK and the option to set it is disabled. I tried resetting the Paak and did a master reset but no luck.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
For some unknown reason things started working over the weekend. The "System Updates" option on Sync showed up. Remote start, etc. started working when not connected via Bluetooth. The only thing remaining is being able to set a backup start passcode, it does not prompt when setting up PaaK and the option to set it is disabled. I tried resetting the Paak and did a master reset but no luck.
When you do a master reset, it can take up to a week for the servers to reset your services. So I suggest you stop clearing or resetting things for a week and try again later.

OP
OP

dbayub

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Really? A week? Companies I work with have a cow if something takes a second. Should I delete the PaaK, wait a week, then try again? I went through the steps listed here but still no good.
Sponsored