OP
phil

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
The troubleshooting over the past six months with other people clearly indicates this is a server issue that Ford needs to reboot. When your file on their server gets corrupted only they can fix it Until they give you access back you can try 500 different things and none of it will work. I’d suggest a two week chill.
Thanks. Is there any reason to think two weeks will not turn into 4 weeks, or 10 weeks? Or have you found that two weeks of waiting dependably resolves such problems?
Sponsored

smartino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Mach E First Edition, 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Also make sure the phone that is setup for PAAK is also removed from the FordPass app. You can see this under the Vehicle tab, then Features and Settings, PAAK Key Settings.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
On all my cars that have used an app on a phone To unlock or start the car the extra security seems to require at least a week or two for the service to update On the company servers to become functional again. MME Is my first car with true PAAK. But it seems to be the same as the less technical system the Kia Hyundai and many others have used for years and that’s always taken at least a week or two to fix itself when something gets screwed up with your server connection just my two cents best of luck

PaaK_Android

First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Lead PaaK Android Developer
Country flag
@phil Couple of questions for you from the Android side of things. You said you were seeing a new type of user authorization that wasn't there before. We just rolled out biometric security for the PaaK setup flow. The setup flow will use your own device security to get you through the setup process, instead of the username/password system. Are you having an issue getting through that screen?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
On all my cars that have used an app on a phone To unlock or start the car the extra security seems to require at least a week or two for the service to update On the company servers to become functional again. MME Is my first car with true PAAK. But it seems to be the same as the less technical system the Kia Hyundai and many others have used for years and that’s always taken at least a week or two to fix itself when something gets screwed up with your server connection just my two cents best of luck
Hi there! Send a private message to us with your VIN and the name location of your Ford dealership, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
It usually takes a few days for a master reset to fully take effect. You should have got an email saying “you have 48 hours to cancel this or it’s irreversible.” I’d try and delete all Bluetooth connections to the car, restart your phone and do another master reset. Then leave the car until tomorrow morning and see if it’ll work without having to wait the full 48 hours.
Not sure where you got this from....A master reset is instant and cannot be undone. The car is immediately available to be re set up in FordPass with any user once done.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
.... The Android phone appears to have remained activated through all of this, but PAAK got killed, and it is unable to set up PAAK again - some new user authentication requirement that did not appear to exist previously.

I'm guessing others have had similar problems. What would you recommend?
I would suggest that you:
- master reset in the car to wipe your phones and clear everything in the car
- delete Fordpass from your phone

- start over like you just picked the car up with Fob

- download/install Fordpass on phone from scratch
- add your MME to FP garage
- sit in MME with Fob, and activate PAAK from scratch
- set backup code during PAAK activation process

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Not sure where you got this from....A master reset is instant and cannot be undone. The car is immediately available to be re set up in FordPass with any user once done.
Ah, its 48 hours for connected services. When I traded my car in and they did a master reset, I got an email saying I had 48 hours. I thought it was for the master reset itself, but looks like it is just to keep your connected services.

Ford Mustang Mach-E They broke my PAAK 1647023390822

OP
OP
phil

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
@phil Couple of questions for you from the Android side of things. You said you were seeing a new type of user authorization that wasn't there before. We just rolled out biometric security for the PaaK setup flow. The setup flow will use your own device security to get you through the setup process, instead of the username/password system. Are you having an issue getting through that screen?
YES!!!

Please do not add my device security to yours. I don't need a password to use my regular Ford key fob - anyone can pick it up and use it. Same thing should apply to my phone. I do not need and do not want security on my personal Android device. I do want to be able to use it for music in the car and use it as a key.

Please remove the excessive security requirements from your PAAK setup flow. It makes your PAAK much less useful for Ford customers like me. We want to be able to use our phones "as a key" - not "as a key with pointless added security hassles".

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Dealer tried to fix a problem for me - backup start passcode was not working reliably. Don't know if they fixed anything, but they sure broke stuff! I got notifications that:

1. FordPass Connect was "reset to the factory settings", and then
2. A "master reset" of my car also took place, a couple minutes later.

Now, neither of my two phones, an Apple and an Android, will successfully "activate" the vehicle and set up PAAK. The dealer tech tried for over an hour and I have tried without success. The Apple phone says "Activation Pending" in FordPass, and never activates - the activation screen never appears in the car no matter how many times I restart. The Android phone appears to have remained activated through all of this, but PAAK got killed, and it is unable to set up PAAK again - some new user authentication requirement that did not appear to exist previously.

I'm guessing others have had similar problems. What would you recommend?

1. More master resets?
2. Other ways to wipe out data and start from scratch?
3. Trade in my Mustang and start over with a new car?
Guess what? Just carry a fob. Buy a second if need be.

I find it so much simpler to by-pass other's bad judgement. Ford did us not favors on this one. Accept it as a fail and move on.

PaaK_Android

First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Lead PaaK Android Developer
Country flag
YES!!!

Please do not add my device security to yours. I don't need a password to use my regular Ford key fob - anyone can pick it up and use it. Same thing should apply to my phone. I do not need and do not want security on my personal Android device. I do want to be able to use it for music in the car and use it as a key.

Please remove the excessive security requirements from your PAAK setup flow. It makes your PAAK much less useful for Ford customers like me. We want to be able to use our phones "as a key" - not "as a key with pointless added security hassles".
I'm sorry for the hassle. Unfortunately to setup PaaK you have to have some form of device security. Password, pin, pattern, fingerprint, facial recognition, any of them will work to get you past that step of the setup process.

OP
OP
phil

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Guess what? Just carry a fob. Buy a second if need be.

I find it so much simpler to by-pass other's bad judgement. Ford did us not favors on this one. Accept it as a fail and move on.
:) I'm not there yet, Cars, but I may get there soon. I like the PAAK concept, and want to give it a fair chance. If it ends up not being ready for prime time, I already have my two real keys.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This is just to SETUP PaaK, not to use it. It is still possible to use your phone as a key in the same way

OP
OP
phil

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I'm sorry for the hassle. Unfortunately to setup PaaK you have to have some form of device security. Password, pin, pattern, fingerprint, facial recognition, any of them will work to get you past that step of the setup process.
Why do you insist on that? As I noted, you don't require a password to use the regular car key. Why the extra layer of security for the phone key?

I appreciate your reply, but I don't understand the need for an added layer of security on a technology that already has enough problems. What exactly do you gain by imposing even more restrictions?

OP
OP
phil

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
This is just to SETUP PaaK, not to use it. It is still possible to use your phone as a key in the same way
No, it's not. They're gonna make me leave a password or some biometric security on my phone permanently, or the PAAK key will not work on my Mustang.

If it were just for setup, and not required for daily use, I would be ok with that.
Sponsored