Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
How did you do that?
I have tried ABRP with CarPlay and it wants me to pay money for the feature. Plugshare works with CarPlay, for free.

I can tell you this, the MyChevrolet app for the Bolt works way better than the Ford Pass app for trip planning, and even predicts usage much better than ABRP. I just plugged in Phoenix to Vegas in the MyChevrolet app, it takes me to the EA charger in Kingman directly, then on into Vegas on US93, as expected.

Can you download ABRP and Plugshare as apps directly from Ford?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

I've never seen that feature in FordPass. However, you do have the option of adding stops in the car.
I sort of figure it out ... believe me it is cumbersome !!! First from your fordPass app create a trip with origin (the default is your current location if you want to pre-plan a trip then you have to change it manually) and destination points. Then go to your vehicle, go to Nav, click "where to", click "saved", click 'My trips", click from 'FordApp" .... open it and edit it. To add destination the easiest way is to pre-load destinations, drag it up, then click "star" and "save".... now you can add (saved) destination to your saved trip by clicking the "saved destinations" you have just created or you can simply search for features or input its physical address one by one. Sorry for repetitive use of word save - but this is my best explanation ... and yes it is retarded and it took couple of tries before I was able to figured it out.

So technically speaking you can create a trip from your phone thru Ford App send it to vehicle and add stops (waypoints). Not as easy as shown on the Ford Ireland's youTube since we do not have that feature in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

I can see ABRP on Apple CarPlay just select the App you have loaded on the iPhone, pretty easy to do!
So you are basically using the iPhone's apple Car Play. I thought you uploaded the ABRP and embedded unto the vehicle's NAV page. Thank your for clarifying it.

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So you are basically using the iPhone's apple Car Play. I thought you uploaded the ABRP and embedded unto the vehicle's NAV page. Thank your for clarifying it.
Yes, I haven't seen or heard of the other way your talking about. It's not imbedded in the FordPass App, no!

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Can you elaborate on that, please? I am running on iOS 14.6 and fordPass 3.47.
Oh yes, I am doing that on Android. Not sure about iOS.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I can see ABRP on Apple CarPlay just select the App you have loaded on the iPhone, pretty easy to do!
Yes, as long as you are a paid premium member of ABRP.

Since ABRP is still a poor predictor of Mach E range, I prefer using the built-in Ford nav. It did great for me from MD to FL and back.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

Since ABRP is still a poor predictor of Mach E range, I prefer using the built-in Ford nav. It did great for me from MD to FL and back.
I agree, the on board NAV is by far the most accurate estimator of Mach-e's range ... but it lacks the ability to add stops, as it was shown how it can be easily done in the Ford Ireland's promotional youTube. Even though I did figure it out how to do it, but it is insanely cumbersome, so I am just segmenting my journeys from point A to point B.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Yes, I haven't seen or heard of the other way your talking about. It's not imbedded in the FordPass App, no!

I thought ABRP was a free App? I have my planned route saved on it now. My understanding was that it can be shared with Google Maps and then I could use CarPlay to display it while driving.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I thought ABRP was a free App? I have my planned route saved on it now. My understanding was that it can be shared with Google Maps and then I could use CarPlay to display it while driving.
ABRP is free. However, they have a premium service that adds features. Car Play implementation was one of those last time I checked.

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
ABRP is free. However, they have a premium service that adds features. Car Play implementation was one of those last time I checked.
That's correct and you can't get to the settings of the App to fine turn it without paying for the Premium service. ($50 per year). I think it's a cool App worth the price IMHO.

Last edited:

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
In that case maybe I will just use Google Maps with CarPlay? I have not been impressed with the Ford Nav so far, but I have only used it in Central Florida.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Google Maps via Car Play is flaky for me. It does not indicate correct orientation and thinks the vehicle is on roads it is not on. I am trying to figure out if it's a Google Maps thing or a Ford MME interface thing.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That's correct and you can't get to the settings of the App to fine turn it without paying for the Premium service. ($50 per year). I think it's a cool App worth the price IMHO.
Plugshare has a trip planner that you can add stops to and it works for free on CarPlay. I have also noticed that ABRP does not update with new stations as quickly as Plugshare.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Plugshare has a trip planner that you can add stops to and it works for free on CarPlay. I have also noticed that ABRP does not update with new stations as quickly as Plugshare.
This thread has given me a lot to think about! Just three weeks away from our first road trip!
Sponsored